TRUMPF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TRUMPF

2.5

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Farmington, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

2 in person interviews, first with HR and second directly with the hiring manager. Hiring manager was very engaging and took a genuine interest in my skill set, career goals and personality to ensure a good fit. Manager set clear expectations for the position and articulated how success was defined.

Interview Questions

• How do you know you have strong communication skills?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I applied for this position online. I was then contacted by recruiter to do a 1 hour phone screen. The hiring manager actually postponed my phone call for two hours (each time saying it would only be another hour), which I found to be a minor inconvenience.

Following the phone screen, I was flown to their site in CT for an onsite interview. Interview consisted of the recruiter, manager, and another colleague. I never heard back following that interview. I thought that it was a very unprofessional conclusion.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Many questions based on my resume and prior experience.   Answer Question

Inside Sales/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Farmington, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

In a small conference room at a round table
    Two people interviewed me. One of them looked out the window the whole time and said nothing.
    I wore a suit. They wore sweaters.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of how you are detail oriented   1 Answer
    • What do you know about trumpf?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Hartford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Had Face to Face interview, was interviewed by department manager, was on site after a call from hiring manager, very easy and friendly interview, got updated with the decision after 3 days by call

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Cranbury, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview discusses your background, why you want to work there and typically HR questions. Just be yourself and someone that they would enjoy working with. Research the company before hand and do an interview prep

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TRUMPF in January 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and one other engineer. It was smooth no technical questions whatsoever. The hiring manager made the interview very lively but I was very nervous as this was my first interview. But it was a good experience.

Administrative Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TRUMPF (New Britain, CT) in May 2018.

Interview

Very straight forward. I went through a staffing agency and got call back almost immediately. Interviewed same week on a Thursday and got the offer the following Tuesday. The interview was very casual and straight forward in the sense of questions.

Departmental Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Plymouth, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

This was a very quick, efficient, and concise interview. The interview was with a group of individuals and was very focused on a particular department that was in need of leadership. Another department manager was involved in the interview and was very concerned in regards to the interactions between the two departments. Both interviewers were very upbeat and open to a detailed dialogue in regards to the position, its responsibilities and their expectations for the candidate. Total process took approximately an hour. The only negative to the interview process was the delay in response and feed back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to manage people?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TRUMPF.

Interview

It was a phone interview screening. I was asked technical questions as well as questions about the company and products. If selected then it is an in-person interview at their headquarters.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Farmington, CT) in May 2019.

Interview

You submit your resume first then the next step is a phone interview. They ask you some technical questions as well as some general questions about the position. Then they call you in on site.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better alone or in a group?   1 Answer