TRUMPF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TRUMPF Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.8

Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TRUMPF.

Interview

The interview lasted about 1 hour 30 minutes. The interview wasn't hard but pretty stressful. They threw me off guard. The interview was a support job and i had engineering exam question in the interview. But it went good and the interviewer was accommodating and nice.

Interview Questions

• What is the input voltage across ground if you cross inputs 1 and 2.   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Novi, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

the process started through LinkedIn. this led to a recruiter phone call. after the recruiter called a phone screen was going to be performed, however was instead lead to an in person interview. the interview was a panel of employees from the associated department as well a tour, lunch, and typical interview questions. the type of questions were technical in nature such as identifying electrical components. the interview questions were tell me about a time when...

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time something went wrong and you were able to fix it   Answer Question

Photoresists Process Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Cranbury, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Single round of phone interview. Group/panel interview. A few behavorial questions; Tell me more about yourself. A review of my resume. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? What is my availability. We will let you know our decision soon.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I applied for this position online. I was then contacted by recruiter to do a 1 hour phone screen. The hiring manager actually postponed my phone call for two hours (each time saying it would only be another hour), which I found to be a minor inconvenience.

Following the phone screen, I was flown to their site in CT for an onsite interview. Interview consisted of the recruiter, manager, and another colleague. I never heard back following that interview. I thought that it was a very unprofessional conclusion.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Many questions based on my resume and prior experience.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Plymouth, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

No phone screen was necessary. Met for a sit down lunch with a manager at the Plymouth subsidiary. The entire conversation centered around behavioral questions and walking them through my resume. By the end of the interview, we were already discussing different ideas as to what projects I could potentially be working on.

Departmental Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Plymouth, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

This was a very quick, efficient, and concise interview. The interview was with a group of individuals and was very focused on a particular department that was in need of leadership. Another department manager was involved in the interview and was very concerned in regards to the interactions between the two departments. Both interviewers were very upbeat and open to a detailed dialogue in regards to the position, its responsibilities and their expectations for the candidate. Total process took approximately an hour. The only negative to the interview process was the delay in response and feed back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to manage people?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Farmington, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

Short and simple, as always HR and managers ask different questions, nothing too complicated to answer, under forty everyone at the table, just limited my answers to what they could comprehend.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with difficult personalities at the workplace?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Then met for lunch at Trade Show, then a Skype Interview with management. Very easy to speak to them. Long process by US standards. Takes about 90-120 days to get hired.

Interview Questions

• How long as last job. What did you like. What can you bring to our company.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Farmington, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

2 in person interviews, first with HR and second directly with the hiring manager. Hiring manager was very engaging and took a genuine interest in my skill set, career goals and personality to ensure a good fit. Manager set clear expectations for the position and articulated how success was defined.

Interview Questions

• How do you know you have strong communication skills?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ditzingen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TRUMPF (Ditzingen (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was invited after online application to a face to face interview in Ditzingen. There was no phone screening but first I needed to upload all CV papers, references, certificates etc onto the online portal.
    The language of the interview was German.
    I met with the department head and an employee from HR. The interview took about 1 hour and I was asked to go through my CV and explain all my experience. I was also asked to go through my process of preparing a new course and asked technical questions about additive manufacturing.

However, due to personal reasons I would not have been able to relocate for this position at the time.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about preparing for a new course, where do you get your information from?   1 Answer