TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) Interview Questions

Interviews at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission)

2.8

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Submit online application, wait 3 months for an e-mail or call. Go in for IQ test grade 6 math and English. They don't tell you how much you have to score to pass, however test is done on scantron. Wait 2 months for an e-mail on wheather you past. If you failed, they will not contact you after 3 months. If you pass, you get scheduled for an interview 3 months after e-mail stating you past. On test day you are given assignments that must be completed by interview date. If you don't do the assignments, they won't even interview you. Two people interview you at once. One on behavioural questions, the other on the assignment you did. 2-3 months later they will contact you to let you know if you passed the interview, if you passed interview, you are then given a date to go and do your medical. 3 months after interview you go in to do your medical and a complete background check, all paid for by the company. If you pass, anywhere from 1month-9 months for training start date, depending on when the next training date is, and where you are needed. 1month training. Then your all set!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went out of your way to help someone on the job.   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

They have called for an information session. They checked the abstract and the licence to see if they meet the requirement. Then there was an infomation session where we have to fill some forms and answer some survey questions. And at the end, we have to do two tests. Depending on how we did on the tests, we will be selected to the next process. But I haven't heard from them since then.

Interview Questions

• If you bought $4000 worth of some items and sold it for
      $5000 dollars, making $50 on each, how much the each
      Item were originally bought?   8 Answers
    • Group of lagre number were given. And you find out which
      is not repeating   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Positive, 30 minutes if you're a student , basic questions, some can be technical if you're applying for a technical position. Some can ask for a quiz testing your math, and how quickly you can think.

IT Support Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was one on one. The interviewer asked a few questions about past projects that I worked on, and asked questions about hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 Project Managers in regards to leading IT Projects which involved priming installation of wireless infrastructure. There was also requirement to lead the support of replacement of the internal communication system.

Interview Questions

Location of the job and also involved travelling across TTC facilities . TTC was not willing to give tokens for travelling across sites.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rather simple. In my situation I wasn't able to go in for an actual meeting so I had a telephone interview. I was asked about 5 questions and all were easy to answer.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Before anything else he handed me a pamphlet on TTC and his card and then gave me a rundown of TTC and TTC's Greenwood yard (as if I didn't research already). Then he asked me why I think his mechanical engineering interviewer counterpart at TTC received more job applications than him.

He asked some of the non-technical experiences mentioned in resume and pointed out that he liked that I'm a cyclist and asked if I bike to school. After some other behavioural questions he asked the following.

I wish I could get the job. It was so close to my home and diverse work opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had team conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Gave me a labeled drawing of cascaded op-amps (inverting to non-inverting configuration with resistance in flyback), and asked me to solve for output.   Answer Question
    • Handed me a small relay switch (the device had two switches in it, 8 ports) and asked me to describe how it operates.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

When I walked in, I was waiting and then was greeted by two men. They claimed that they already hired 8 out of 9 people before all the interviews were over. And before the interview they explained that I will be needing a background check and drug test. But it was an OK interview.

It was mainly 3 parts.
    -Electrical tools
    -Mechanical tools
    -Questionnare

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through University Portal, received confirmation for interview quickly. Interviewer was friendly and asked about basic knowledge of the TTC including the subway systems. Talked about why I wanted to join TTC, about my previous experiences, what I can contribute. Gave a basic example of the things I would be doing on the job. Interviewer was friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

Interview

Started of with self introduction, then went on to some behavioral questions. Questions on conflict resolution. Then moved on to some electronics questions. Op-amp circuits and proper diode placement. At the end of the interview had to identify parts like relays, current sensor, pressure gauge etc which were presented on the table.