TTX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TTX Interview Questions

2.6

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TTX.

Interview

Got an email from the hiring manager for the interview. Interview started on time. Everyone in the panel were very friendly. Easy questions. Got call from hiring manager after 1 week and offered me the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TTX (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed and it mostly consisted of casual conversation. A little bit less than a week after I applied they reached out to schedule an interview. The interview was conducted by three engineers. The only engineering related questions they asked were related to strength of materials and choice of material in a design.

Interview Questions

• What material would you choose in some design that requires the material to be able to deform.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TTX.

Interview

Communication started through my school career center. I then got an email to proceed with an over the phone interview. This led to an in person interview with two of the current engineers at the company.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TTX (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screen, then was invited into the office for an interview with a senior auditor and the AVP Internal Audit. Both were laid back and we just discussed various things about audit, as well as the kind of work I'd be doing. There were no questions except where I saw myself going after graduation

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself down the road in your career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TTX (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really straightforward. No tests were used and it was very conversational like. One on one. I found out within in a week that I got it.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TTX (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

We were contacted by our professor about this job posting and many of us sent our resumes to the HR contact given to us. After two weeks, the company shortlisted me and I was called by the hiring manager and not the HR directly. He was very cordial and was an alum from the same university. The interview/meeting was in his office and the whole setting was very informal. I liked his efforts to explain the project in detail. I was then introduced to the group's director. She was very friendly too and the interview went very well. The hiring manager told me that they would get back to me with an offer the next day itself. The whole thing appeared to be conducted with a lot of urgency.

Interview Questions

• None. Behavioral questions and skill-based interviewing.   Answer Question

The compensation for the position was really low. I had another offer from a company that was providing me with housing too.

Assistant Manager - Market Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TTX.

Interview

This is just my experience. Maybe other departments are different or I was just unlucky.

Applied in January and received a callback a week later to conduct a phone interview. Passed that and had an in-person interview in mid-February. Before then, I had to take one of those personality/analytical tests and produce a writing sample on a rail marketing topic.

At the interview, the first thing I was told by the recruiter that is was company policy to promote internal candidates and that I was a long shot as an external candidate.

The interview consisted of 2 panel interviews and a debriefing session with the hiring manager and recruiter. The people I was interviewing with ranged from showing total disinterest to complete unprofessionalism, although the hiring manager was okay. One manager interviewing me actually said, in front of another manager, “I don’t really like working here” and used multiple swear words throughout the interview. I also heard a lot of gossip between employees talking down about each other while I was waiting in-between interviews.

Most weird was TTX’s company culture. They admitted to me they were anti-growth and all my discussions about my railroad business development/relationship building experiences and passion actually seemed to hurt me. TTX seems very process oriented. I got the impression that innovation and asking “why?” are frowned upon. After all the interviews though, the hiring manager offered to take me out to lunch which I thought was a good sign. He specifically said I’d hear back in 2 weeks, that I wouldn’t “be waiting months.”

Except, that’s what happened. I checked in every two weeks, via e-mail and phone, to both the recruiter and hiring manager and never received a response. The hiring manager never acted on his lunch offer. I finally was able to get in touch with the hiring manager in April who told me that they had promoted internally a few weeks ago and the recruiter was supposed to have called to tell me.

While I was excited for the job at first, at that point I was relieved I didn’t get an offer. TTX was not a good fit for me. The job didn’t seem to offer the challenges I seek and unprofessionalism was rampant in all the people I met.

Interview Questions

• We're not perfect. What are some weaknesses you have?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TTX (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview. a few days later I did the phone interview with two managers on speaker phone. It was fairly simple. Then I was called back to do an in person interview with two others. Overall, not a difficult process. basic interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you messed up at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TTX (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was at a university job fair; I handed them my resume and spent about 5 minutes asking them what the position did. I was called in for an interview a few weeks later and talked for about an hour. It wasn't so much a question and answer interview, but more of a conversation. I found out the decision through a phone call a few weeks after that and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something went wrong in the workplace.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was either accept or not.