Talkable Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 9 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Talkable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talkable (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2019

Interview

Only made it through the first interview round because it was such bad start. I never experienced such an unprofessional approach from the party interviewing me. Before even starting or before I even began speaking about my experience, the interviewer gave her opinion on how she doesn't think I will be a fit or that I may be "too qualified." So I had to defend myself and explain my interest, qualification and how my previous experience would fit. This interview almost seemed argumentative, but I kept my composure even though deep down I felt insulted.

Interview Questions
  • Just basic tell me about yourself questions. I'm sure the next round they will have more in depth questions with the actual team you are applying with.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talkable (San Francisco, CA) in May 2019

Interview

Overall great candidate experience. The team is very responsive and senior leadership hands on. Remote interview with CEO, Team member and Recruiter, in-person interview with CEO, Chairman and Head of Sales. Offer was generous and business has a lot of headroom to grow.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you get started in building a marketing function for Talkable.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Talkable (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2016

Interview

I did a standard phone screen which was followed up with a technical test and involved following written instructions to implement Talkable's product on a mock e-commerce site. This was done on my own time at home. After receiving a pass on the test, I was scheduled to interview with an engineer to test my technical skills in JavaScript over a Skype call. Using a shared screen, I was tested on my knowledge of the browser/inspector, how well I understand the JavaScript language, as well as my ability to read and debug code and verbally communicate about it. I passed this test as well and was subsequently invited to come up to the office in San Francisco. I ended up meeting and chatting with 5 people, all in different roles at Talkable. It was a highly enjoyable experience because the interviews were more like conversations than grilling questions and everyone was incredibly friendly. I got to ask a lot of questions about the company and the product and understand what their vision is. Finally, I did some white-boarding and brainstorming involving an actual client account with Matt, the Director of Revenue and it was fun, but productive use of time that allowed them to understand a little on how I think and operate. It was also helpful to me since I got a taste of some of the work I would take on in this role. I didn't end up taking the position, despite a very nice compensation plan offered to me, due to family reasons and having to relocate. However, it was wonderful speaking to everyone, especially Matt. I followed up with him on emails and a call before making my final decision and I could really feel that he cares about me as a person. He even invited me to stop by the new office next time I'm in the City for happy hour, now how awesome is that?

Interview Questions
  • Q: What would your one superpower be (as it relates to your work)?
1 person found this interview helpful

Talkable

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talkable in Jul 2016

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager who was a no-show followed by phone screen with CEO followed by writing assignment. Whole process is centered around what you can bring to Talkable with little/no-regard for what they can offer if you join their team.

Interview Questions
  • What questions would you need to ask a prospect in order to understand their buying profile? Please include a list.
  • What are specific ideas you have for cold reach outs to e-commerce marketing departments? Write 2 example emails.
  • You just received an email response from a prospect you've been working with for 6 weeks. The prospect told you that they've decided not to continue with the sales process due to cost. What would you do in this situation? Please write an email to the customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talkable (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2016

Interview

Get ready to enjoy a 4 round interview starting with a phone screen, then technical, then a rapid fire in person interview where you get to meet really impressive employees who want ask different questions ranging from your passions, company culture and what drives you. Finally an invitation to use their platform to see how you work. Overall one of my favorite process in a while.

Interview Questions
  • What sets you apart from the pack

Talkable

Application

I interviewed at Talkable in Jun 2015

Interview

The phone interview was pretty traditional with questions about my previous experience and skills, the hiring manager was nice and made me feel comfortable. I was supposed to meet in person the following week but the position was filled in the meantime. Overall it was a good experience though.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talkable (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

The Director of Marketing, Matt, sent me a message through Hired.com asking to me meet. After a couple email exchanges, we agreed to have a phone interview. The phone interview went well! We talked about similar connections we had through Linkedin, past companies we worked for and talked about what Talkable needed. We scheduled to meet over the phone again, but it was postponed and changed to an in person 1on1 interview. The 1on1 interview also went well. We discussed strategy, the needs of the company and the job role in greater detail. I was sent an email that afternoon with another time to meet and some material to study before the next encounter. Four of us met this time. Matt, the Account Executive, Pavel, another interviewee and me. We had a great time practicing and role playing with the customer support team: Gar and Mike. The interview process was a mixture of structure and improvisation. It provided an interesting insight into the Talkable team and vice versa because it allowed for people to show their personalities in unique circumstances. I did not recieve a job offer in the end.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable with making 50 or more phone calls a day?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Talkable (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

Matt reached out to me through Hired.com. The initial phone screening was focused around my experience with some behavioral questions peppered in. After about a half hour he asked me to come in for an onsite. The onsite was a great experience. Pavel demonstrated a mock pitch while Matt ran the show. Be prepared to answer questions about Talkable and demonstrate some knowledge of Talkable's competition. My interview was with a group of candidates. It was a new environment for me; be prepared to be competitive and thoughtful - a lot of the answers to the questions are not difficult but I think they were looking for more insightful responses that demonstrated a deeper understanding of their product and space. Overall, I could not be happier with the interview experience. Compared to some of my other interviews, Matt's process was efficient and productive which is representative of the culture they are building at Talkable.

Interview Questions
  • We currently use competitor x, what makes Talkable stand out?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talkable (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2014

Interview

The overall process was very transparent. My initial contact was a phone screen. I was informed about the next round being a technical interview based on set of pre-determined questions (which I was emailed). After passing that round, the team gave me a few days to complete a take-home assignment. I then met with the hiring manager and other key folks. I knew things were going well when they performed a reference check. Last step was a culture fit during an organized company event- I met the team and knew I had to work at Talkable.

Interview Questions
  • Why am I interested in the referral marketing space? Have I ever shared my purchase with friends?
RSS Feed</>Embed