Talkable Reviews

Updated May 7, 2019

4.6
Talkable Chief Executive Officer Summer Lindman (no image)
Summer Lindman

"Great people and learning opportunities!"

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team is absolutely fantastic - everyone is very friendly and helpful. Work is so much better when you love the people you work with! For a small company based in SF, there are a lot of employees who have worked here over 2 years, and I think that is a testament to the culture. There is also a lot of opportunity to learn and grow at Talkable. All teams are very receptive to feedback and there is a lot of opportunity to jump in and help out in all parts of the business.

Cons

For me this is not a con but if you are not a self-starter, I don't think Talkable is the right fit for you. Individuals who are willing to take on responsibility and volunteer to help are probably the best fit for the current environment at Talkable.

"An incredible opportunity"

4.0

I have been working at Talkable full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A great team of people to work with - people are enthusiastic, friendly, driven and engaged - A huge opportunity to learn skills outside your area of expertise and make an impact on the company - Positive work-life balance

Cons

- If you aren't a proactive person this is not the company for you - A lot of learning happens as we go along so if you are looking for a lot of guidance it might not be a comfortable fit - Having a team in a different country sometimes makes communication more difficult

Talkable2019-05-07

"A second family"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been at Talkable for many years and have had the opportunity to grow into different roles. The company promotes from within first, so if you want to grow your career it's a great place to do so. The product is truly amazing, and the teams are great and super friendly and helpful. It really is like a second family to me and the company culture shows that. Another benefit is that if you want to take charge, be proactive and climb you can definitely do so. There's even an innovation "comity" if you want to join where the team bounces cool ideas off each other and you can really be a part of rolling out cool new ideas and experiments if you want to.

Cons

Like others have said, it's a startup and you can't expect to come in and have others carry your workload for you. It's not a job where you can get lost in the mix perusing reddit and social media all day, you'll actually have to get stuff done. This is great if you have a good work ethic though. You won't need to take your work home with you, but you'll definitely keep busy during the day. I've learned so much and added a lot of value to my skillset being here.

Talkable2019-04-19
  4. "Amazing people and product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The company gives you the freedom to make your own choices and values your ability to take ownership of projects -Positive, collaborative working environment -Awesome product and the ability to work with great, growing e-commerce brands -Great team building activities and support from management to continue building skills and try new things

Cons

-Sometimes deadlines are missed internally and it's not always clear why they were pushed

Talkable2019-04-19
  5. "Great place to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Talkable full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have full autonomy at Talkable to make your own path. The team is quick, smart and hungry for success. Amazing perks, office locations and support from management. Competitive salary, realistic quotas Get to work with amazing companies, and learn about cool start ups entering the market The tool works (really well)! Our clients renew and are continuously submitting positive feedback.

Cons

As Talkable is a start-up there is a lot of moving pieces, be ready to have a get stuff done mentality.

Talkable2019-04-09
  6. "Good place to work"

4.0

I worked at Talkable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the employees are very friendly and capable. People are proud of the company and the work they do. Competitive salary and benefits. Unlimited PTO, yearly company trip to Ukraine, free Russian & English classes, monthly team-building happy hours/activities, and department heads organize department activities regularly. Very easy to get to know middle and upper level management, especially in the San Francisco office.

Cons

Outside of the sales department, there is little time to ramp-up or get onboarded; you get thrown into the deep end (though people are generally happy to help you out if needed). A bit weak on infrastructure, documentation, and transparency between management and the rest of the company.

Talkable2018-09-26
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time

Pros

The product is leading in its category, and the management has a vision for the company. Really feels like a team. Overall, great place to work!

Cons

Can't think of any.

Talkable2018-04-14

"Sales Development Representative / Solutions Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unbelievable workplace with extremely smart, humble people. Employees are compensated handsomely in the fast paced environment. Breakfast and lunch daily, amazing healthcare/benefit policy, tons of room for new opportunities and growth.

Cons

Currently not very many cons to think of. Many responsibilities as an entry level employee, but it makes the learning experience even better.

Talkable2017-03-03

"AE"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talkable is growing fast, stock piled with smart people and have the best product in the space. Talkable does not take excessive funding rounds from VC firms which is important. They are growing a scalable business which filters down to all employees. No unreasonable goals or expectations. Everyone is on the same page and loves their job here. The beautiful new office in the heart of the mission district is not bad either :)

Cons

Commuting from the marina to the mission is not ideal. Luckily, I work for a company that compensates me appropriately and allows for me to take uber pool everyday!

Talkable2016-11-30

"Account Executive who loves his job!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, benefits and the office environment are top notch. My work life balance is amazing. I'm excited to come to work everyday to work with colleagues who are committed to one goal. Finally is the product, Talkable is best in class!

Cons

Haven't been here long enough to experience any cons

Talkable2016-08-16