Talkable Reviews | Glassdoor

Summer Lindman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Talkable full-time

Pros

The product is leading in its category, and the management has a vision for the company. Really feels like a team. Overall, great place to work!

Cons

Can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep going!

2. "Good place to work"

I worked at Talkable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are very friendly and capable. People are proud of the company and the work they do. Competitive salary and benefits. Unlimited PTO, yearly company trip to Ukraine, free Russian & English classes, monthly team-building happy hours/activities, and department heads organize department activities regularly. Very easy to get to know middle and upper level management, especially in the San Francisco office.

Cons

Outside of the sales department, there is little time to ramp-up or get onboarded; you get thrown into the deep end (though people are generally happy to help you out if needed). A bit weak on infrastructure, documentation, and transparency between management and the rest of the company.

"Sales Development Representative / Solutions Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unbelievable workplace with extremely smart, humble people. Employees are compensated handsomely in the fast paced environment. Breakfast and lunch daily, amazing healthcare/benefit policy, tons of room for new opportunities and growth.

Cons

Currently not very many cons to think of. Many responsibilities as an entry level employee, but it makes the learning experience even better.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow at scale and hire smart people.

"AE"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talkable is growing fast, stock piled with smart people and have the best product in the space. Talkable does not take excessive funding rounds from VC firms which is important. They are growing a scalable business which filters down to all employees. No unreasonable goals or expectations. Everyone is on the same page and loves their job here.

The beautiful new office in the heart of the mission district is not bad either :)

Cons

Commuting from the marina to the mission is not ideal. Luckily, I work for a company that compensates me appropriately and allows for me to take uber pool everyday!

Advice to Management

keep growing at scale and hiring smart people

"Account Executive who loves his job!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, benefits and the office environment are top notch. My work life balance is amazing. I'm excited to come to work everyday to work with colleagues who are committed to one goal. Finally is the product, Talkable is best in class!

Cons

Haven't been here long enough to experience any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - It's been great working with this Management Team

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Talkable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talkable has been a fantastic employer for me so far. We have a great company culture where everyone is bought into the company mission and takes pride in their work. The company has experienced tremendous growth recently which has further contributed to the good vibes in the office. The compensation and benefits are also very fair and there is a lot of room for professional growth.

Cons

Talkable has a lean team which requires employees to often wear multiple hats. Not really a big con but I wanted to write something here.

7. "A Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Sales Development Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Talkable (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my experience at Talkable. From the first day I started, I could tell that it was a close-knit community. Everyone was very welcoming and making the effort to really get to know me, and the other new employees who came after me. Everyone was extremely friendly which made for a fun atmosphere to work in.

Additionally, everyone works really hard but knows when to take breaks and have fun. Each employee is passionate about Talkable and believes in the product. They value each other’s ideas and acknowledge when one another does well, which motivates you even more.

They have grown a lot even within the three months I worked there, so I’m really excited to see how they progress in the future!

Cons

I was an intern so my job had a little less structure than the other jobs, so some days I didn’t have that much work to do. But I was given a lot of responsibility and was able to learn a lot during my time.

Advice to Management

Have other projects ready to assign to your intern just in case a task you assign isn’t as feasible.

"Startup Experience + Employment at Will"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Talkable (More than a year)

Pros

In early 2014, I was looking for exciting startup opportunities in San Francisco. Given my experience in leading account management teams for SaaS marketing companies, I was brought on as the 5th employee at Talkable. As a Campaign Manager, my responsibilities were to scope and execute referral campaigns for a newly signed enterprise customer and to identify and define continued success for existing customers.

The startupy and autonomous environment let me make an impact on the company directly. From leading the effort to create a customer facing dashboard to display campaign performance to hiring a team of customer success managers, my efforts helped grow the company from 15 paying customers to nearly 50. The company as experiencing amazing growth and the times were exciting!

Management noticed my efforts and gave me a stock refresher and a promotion on my one-year anniversary.

Cons

Shortly after, we hired a Directory of Marketing who evolved into the Director of Revenue. His efforts in marketing and lead generation paired well with my efforts in customer success. As my manager, the Director of Revenue would have regular meetings with me. During our meetings he would give me feedback that I was doing great and was a “rockstar.”

On a Monday morning, two weeks before I’d vest my refresher shares, my manager and the president of the company pulled me into a conference room. After we sat down, the first thing my manager (who just commended me for my work a week ago), told me today would be my last day at work. Confused, I asked why:

“The reason we’re going to give you is no reason.”

“Is it performance?”

“No. The reason we’re going to give you is no reason. You can either resign today, and take two weeks pay, or we’ll figure out a way to fire you.”

I continued to press them for more information, but the only things they repeated were, “The reason we’re going to give you is no reason,” and “Employment in California is at-will and we can terminate it at any time without reason.”

I had two weeks left before my cliff.

Advice to Management

People should come first.

"Growing startup, prioritizing people first"

I have been working at Talkable full-time

Pros

Great people, events and culture. The platform is amazing and customers love using it. Location is in the heart of SOMA.

Cons

Company has growing pains, like most startups. Process is somewhat unstructured, managers are confident they'll be able to make positive change.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees will continue to succeed, through use of regular performance reviews.