Talkable Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.7
Talkable Chief Executive Officer Summer Lindman (no image)
Summer Lindman
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful Place to Work and Excel!

Apr 17, 2021 - Operations Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic people, flexible work hours, flexible vacation

Cons

Not any I can think of at the moment

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A second family

Apr 19, 2019 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Talkable for many years and have had the opportunity to grow into different roles. The company promotes from within first, so if you want to grow your career it's a great place to do so. The product is truly amazing, and the teams are great and super friendly and helpful. It really is like a second family to me and the company culture shows that. Another benefit is that if you want to take charge, be proactive and climb you can definitely do so. There's even an innovation "comity" if you want to join where the team bounces cool ideas off each other and you can really be a part of rolling out cool new ideas and experiments if you want to.

Cons

Like others have said, it's a startup and you can't expect to come in and have others carry your workload for you. It's not a job where you can get lost in the mix perusing reddit and social media all day, you'll actually have to get stuff done. This is great if you have a good work ethic though. You won't need to take your work home with you, but you'll definitely keep busy during the day. I've learned so much and added a lot of value to my skillset being here.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people and learning opportunities!

Apr 19, 2019 - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team is absolutely fantastic - everyone is very friendly and helpful. Work is so much better when you love the people you work with! For a small company based in SF, there are a lot of employees who have worked here over 2 years, and I think that is a testament to the culture. There is also a lot of opportunity to learn and grow at Talkable. All teams are very receptive to feedback and there is a lot of opportunity to jump in and help out in all parts of the business.

Cons

For me this is not a con but if you are not a self-starter, I don't think Talkable is the right fit for you. Individuals who are willing to take on responsibility and volunteer to help are probably the best fit for the current environment at Talkable.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to grow and learn

Apr 9, 2019 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have full autonomy at Talkable to make your own path. The team is quick, smart and hungry for success. Amazing perks, office locations and support from management. Competitive salary, realistic quotas Get to work with amazing companies, and learn about cool start ups entering the market The tool works (really well)! Our clients renew and are continuously submitting positive feedback.

Cons

As Talkable is a start-up there is a lot of moving pieces, be ready to have a get stuff done mentality.

5. 5.0

Amazing people and product

Apr 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The company gives you the freedom to make your own choices and values your ability to take ownership of projects -Positive, collaborative working environment -Awesome product and the ability to work with great, growing e-commerce brands -Great team building activities and support from management to continue building skills and try new things

Cons

-Sometimes deadlines are missed internally and it's not always clear why they were pushed

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

An incredible opportunity

May 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A great team of people to work with - people are enthusiastic, friendly, driven and engaged - A huge opportunity to learn skills outside your area of expertise and make an impact on the company - Positive work-life balance

Cons

- If you aren't a proactive person this is not the company for you - A lot of learning happens as we go along so if you are looking for a lot of guidance it might not be a comfortable fit - Having a team in a different country sometimes makes communication more difficult

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Sep 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the employees are very friendly and capable. People are proud of the company and the work they do. Competitive salary and benefits. Unlimited PTO, yearly company trip to Ukraine, free Russian & English classes, monthly team-building happy hours/activities, and department heads organize department activities regularly. Very easy to get to know middle and upper level management, especially in the San Francisco office.

Cons

Outside of the sales department, there is little time to ramp-up or get onboarded; you get thrown into the deep end (though people are generally happy to help you out if needed). A bit weak on infrastructure, documentation, and transparency between management and the rest of the company.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A Great Place to Work!

Aug 12, 2016 - Sales Development Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved my experience at Talkable. From the first day I started, I could tell that it was a close-knit community. Everyone was very welcoming and making the effort to really get to know me, and the other new employees who came after me. Everyone was extremely friendly which made for a fun atmosphere to work in. Additionally, everyone works really hard but knows when to take breaks and have fun. Each employee is passionate about Talkable and believes in the product. They value each other’s ideas and acknowledge when one another does well, which motivates you even more. They have grown a lot even within the three months I worked there, so I’m really excited to see how they progress in the future!

Cons

I was an intern so my job had a little less structure than the other jobs, so some days I didn’t have that much work to do. But I was given a lot of responsibility and was able to learn a lot during my time.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

AE

Nov 30, 2016 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talkable is growing fast, stock piled with smart people and have the best product in the space. Talkable does not take excessive funding rounds from VC firms which is important. They are growing a scalable business which filters down to all employees. No unreasonable goals or expectations. Everyone is on the same page and loves their job here. The beautiful new office in the heart of the mission district is not bad either :)

Cons

Commuting from the marina to the mission is not ideal. Luckily, I work for a company that compensates me appropriately and allows for me to take uber pool everyday!

10. 5.0

Account Executive

Aug 12, 2016 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talkable has been a fantastic employer for me so far. We have a great company culture where everyone is bought into the company mission and takes pride in their work. The company has experienced tremendous growth recently which has further contributed to the good vibes in the office. The compensation and benefits are also very fair and there is a lot of room for professional growth.

Cons

Talkable has a lean team which requires employees to often wear multiple hats. Not really a big con but I wanted to write something here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews