Tandem Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tandem Bank

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tandem Bank

Sort:

Head of Insight Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Bank (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

3 stages that comprised of initial phone interview then two face to face and then one skype with CEO at the end
    Relatively informal process, important to share passion for the customer
    CCO, CEO and lower level employee

Interview Questions

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tandem Bank (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Full day assessment center. Interviewed on 14/01/19.

Was lucky enough to be invited here after passing an initial first stage telephone interview. Although I sadly did not get the role, the interview experience and process was absolutely one of the best ones that I have ever had.

Right from the beginning of the process, communication was great in terms of what things to expect on the day and how to prepare for the actual day itself. The day started with a morning tea/coffee session just so all applicants could get to know each other. Everyone was incredibly friendly (from hiring managers and recruiters to candidates on site) which made it a much more comfortable experience from the beginning.

To begin with there was a company presentation by the CEO Rick Knox (such an amazing and inspirational business man!) There was also an initial group task which involved building a tower with sticks under a time constraint (our tower did not actually stand in the end) but it was a very fun task allowing each of the individuals to make a contribution and offer some reasoning as to why we built the tower up in the way that we did.

This was then followed by a ‘pitch your partner’ exercise; having 10 minutes to learn as much as you can about your partner and then deliver a pitch to the whole group as to why they should be employed with Tandem. Another very fun task to do. If you are fortunate enough to be invited to the AC make sure to look over presentation skills and maintain eye contact throughout! Part of my feedback was that the presentation was one of my weakest strengths given that I did not make eye contact throughout so it is very very important!

After this we were allowed to go out and have lunch but Tandem actually provided this for us with a lovely selection of sandwiches and yummy snacks! We then had one to one interviews with two employees currently at the bank (mine was with the head of customer services and a member from HR), who throughout were both equally lovely. Following this everyone is invited one by one to a room to receive feedback, which is the stage where some of unfortunately had to go home. Part of my feedback was that I actually went off topic for particular questions (I blame it on the nerves lol!) and it is also important to have excellent attention to detail as there is a written assessment which is a bit of a trick question... so another thing I’d say is to TRY and make sure you get plenty of sleep and not do what I did which was to have about 3, you want to be ready for all aspects of the day as you are measured on performance throughout the individual tasks of the day. Anyways, the remaining candidates would progress to have interviews with the CEO and COO.

Overall, very upset not to get the role. Interview experience was great however and Tandem does give really great feedback. The culture of the bank I would say is one of teamwork, and really wanting to do the right thing for individuals in terms of managing their personal finances and having control of their day to day lives. You can really see this in anyone that you speak to in the bank and it was an absolute pleasure to be sat in front of CEO Ricky as he went through Tandem’s expansion plans and vision for the bank in the coming years. I hope one day I can come back as a much more confident, stronger candidate and I wish Tandem and everyone involved at the company all the best for what’s about to be a juicy ride!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have given or received excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When have you been given an opportunity which you seized with both hands?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the culture at your old place of work?   1 Answer