Tangerine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tangerine Interview Questions

Interviews at Tangerine

2.7

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tangerine.

Interview

Interview Questions

• describe your feature, was really quick and fast, they have the gallop thing going on. they kind of unusual questions. i was just direct with my answer. it did not seem like there was a right or wrong one   Answer Question

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tangerine.

Interview

I had a rescheduled interview after having missed the first one because the recruiter didn't show up,nor advised me prior to the interview about change of plans. After he contacted me 3 days after with an apology message stating he had been ''dragged aside to a last minute meeting'' and ''Unfortunately , did not manage to catch back up to my agenda and get to call you later in the day''. While things happen, what really speaks a lot about their internal practices is that candidates are seen as numbers and the company including the Talent Acquisition specialist and the upper Management don't care about their candidates' time and won't respect an arrangement because they will arbitrarily ''drag'' their staff last minute to meetings without even caring if they had arrangements or not. In addition to this, not being able to contact the candidate over 2 days, simply reflects being incompetent with the role and their managers, not managing their team.The Hiring Team gives priority to internal meetings rather than hiring the process. After re-scheduling the call for a subsequent day, finally the time came and again the same recruiter was late another 8 minutes.Again, I sent an email as their bank doesn't use minimum technology such as google calendar to ensure punctuality on interviews, and guess what, again he said he tried to contact me but got the wrong number. At this point the credibility was broken. then he started by saying that my CV reflected I had a lot of experience, but the role was a Junior role with no room fro growth. When you look at the job description, the role requires 4 years of experience and different tasks require managing a team. Many things that he gave as arguments for this being a ''junior' role didn't quite match with the role description. The hiring specialist being fairly be in the company assumed that the bank doesn't take into consideration any programs such as the PRIIME implemented by the Quebec government to ensure diversity and inclusion. Overall, these interactions reflect lack of professionalism, lack of management, lack of respect for the candidate's time and lack of consistency between what they say and what you read on their role descriptions.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tangerine (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

First you were screened on the phone, asked basic questions such as what you know about the bank, your previous experience, etc. Once given the interview, you were asked lots of situational questions, brief role play to see how you would handle a client calling with an issue and how you solve it. The interview was approx 45 minutes. Received a call a week or 2 later offering the position

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time when someone was unhappy with the service provided and how you handled it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tangerine (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

3 rounds, excluding hr initial phone round. Time between each round was consistent. Was always given option for dates for each round. Was able to follow up with hr on next steps although none of the interviewers provided contact info. Was made to feel comfortable during interview. Final round with cmo was on time. Never required to wait..

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Interview

The talent acquisition manager emailed me to set up a phone interview and says in the email that I'm a "very good fit". On the day of the phone interview, she did not call nor respond to my email to reschedule. I find them extremely unprofessional. If you found or hired an candidate, at least email me and let me know, not let someone waiting their phone for an full hour.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tangerine (Markham, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview followed by few in-person interviews with multiple people. Very nice and following-up while they are interested in you as a candidate, disappear if they no longer are. One would expect at least a follow-up after spending so much of the candidate's time. This leaves a bad taste and demonstrates lack of respect towards candidates.

Interview Questions

• Lots of conflict resolution questions, too many; made my wonder what's going on in the organization.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tangerine (North York, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me, it was structured and they were both nice. They had me there for about an hour but I ended up not getting it. They were deterred that I didn't have the exact experience they were looking for.

Scheduling Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Very general question placed here.
    In person interview with HR and Manager. In a small room very light but over 30 questions about skills and behavioural situations.
    Offer meeting.

Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tangerine (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

interview conducted by 4 people which consisted of 3 from accounts and 1 from HR. They ask questions about background, challenging incident, clash with manager and how I dealt it, weakness and best qualities, threw in scenarios asking how i would deal them. Lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• knowledge in excel and accounting   1 Answer

Investment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tangerine in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview took about 7 mins. I didn't finish CSC exams yet, but they need an immediate hiring, so I didn't have an on-site interview. Be sure you have already finished the exams.