Cover image for Tango

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Tango Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 37 of over 37 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tango

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tango (Bangalore) in May 2018

Interview

I was very good interview process and I had been give enough time to speak out with all my skills. and I will strongly recommend this company to others so that they will get good chance to work with good company.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tango (Mountain View, CA)

Interview

- 2 Phone calls (1 HR + 1 Screening) - 1 on-site (4 - 5 people from team will interview) - Questions on resume. So prepare resume short and make sure you know everything that is written on it. - Prepare your programming languages that are mentioned on the resume welll

Interview Questions
  • Basic coding. Planning, Testing
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Tango

Join the conversation on

Tech

454.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Tango~442473
Join the conversation on

Tango

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tango in Jan 2016

Interview

I met some smart people, but they seemed to be in some internal turmoil that I could not put a finger on. They asked me relevant questions, both technical and soft-skills related. I think I answered them adequately. They have a cool product that I use. But I felt that something was off and in the end decided to take an offer from another company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tango

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tango

Interview

A few phone screenings, which was followed up by a few Skype one-on-one direct interview conducted by actual engineers (your future coworkers :) ). The questions concentrated around writing real code and solving real problems (no textbook graph theory). If you want to get a job, you need to know your stuff - for backend developer it means multi-threading, REST, relational and NoSQL DBs.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Tango

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tango

Interview

The worst phone interview I've ever had. The interviewer didn't even say hi and started questioning me right away. He didn't introduce either himself or a team he was working for. The style of asking questions was not friendly. Once I mentioned I'm a Java SE guy, not Java EE, he clearly lost any interest to me. At the end of the interview I wasn't offered to ask any questions. Instead the interviewer demanded that I sent him a piece of real code I worked for. After the interview I didn't receive any yes or no response. That was really really poor interview experience. The company clearly has no sort of traditions of conducting interviews and doesn't care about candidates' impressions. A pure waste of time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Tango (Mountain View, CA) in Jul 2015

Interview

one long question about asynchronous updating shared resource, I guess it is a real production design problem. not sure if this is the good interview question, because it is a very narrowed area

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tango

Application

I interviewed at Tango

Interview

Three onsite interviews. Most of questions involve data structures, distributed systems, working experience. Not too tough but need to be well prepared. The interviews make me feel good as they are not brain teaser interviews like other companies i interviewed.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tango (Mountain View, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

I was contacted online by a recruiter then had a phone screen. Then the hiring manager called me for a phone interview. I was then invited to come to the office and was interviewed by three people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tango (Mountain View, CA) in Jun 2015

Interview

Nothing abnormal. Overall a quite regular process. Friendly interviewers. The questions and problems were not hard. Five people committee. A few are ex-Skype employees which made it more interesting. Some the employees appear more interested in learning from me since they have been so busy and have not followed the latest technology.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, Sankt-Peterburg

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Tango (Saint Petersburg, Sankt-Peterburg) in May 2015

Interview

I had phone screening, three interviews with senior engineers and one with ops manager. It took time to get from phone call from recruiter to actual interviews, but they all were in one day. I got the offer a week after that

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to write a small Python script(count number of different response codes in httpd access log)
Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Interviews

Tango Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Tango as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.10 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and IOS Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Operations Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Tango takes an average of 18 days when considering 33 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas NOC Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 40 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Tango according to 33 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 35.71%