TapSense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TapSense

2.7

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TapSense (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Nightmare. Met with one of the co-founders. It was great. Did a project for them to review in person which really was something I should have been paid for; especially when they insisted I send them a copy. Not cool. Meeting with the rest of the team was a disaster. Bad questions, unfocused, some outright hostile people.

Publisher Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TapSense (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

My interview process for the Pub AM was a series of 4 interviews over the course of about 10 days. Here's a run through of what those interviews looked like:

1: Talk with a recruiter
    2: Phone interview with Director of Sales, about 30-45minutes
    3: 2 interviews, one with the CTO and the next with the Director of Sales, each lasting about 60 minutes.
    4: 5 interviews with 2 employees, CTO and Dir of Sales, and CEO. Each of these interviews lasted from 45-60 minutes and were all 1:1s.

The phone interview with the recruiter was nothing our of the ordinary. The next step was to talk with the Dir of Sales. It was pretty straightforward, talking about my work history, an overview of the Pub AM's opening, and TapSense's business model. Cultural fit is a key component for TapSense during their hiring process, so not only were they looking to see how well I knew the mobile advertising landscape, but they also wanted to get a good sense of how I would fit within their culture. The company moves quickly, working hard to get a solid first version of a feature/product out the door then they make adjustments and updates as needed to properly scale. Because the company is on the smaller side, any new employee should have the ability to problem solve and work with minimal oversight. Also, everyone is working on important projects and quickly adjusting as needed, so new employees should be able to shift focus and help out on other projects if deadlines are tight. Like many other start-ups, the work consists more than the 9-5, but the founders understand that all the work needs to be rewarded with breaks - like taking an afternoon off and heading to the movies, playing softball, taking a cooking class, or unwinding with a bit to eat.

Back to the interviews. After the 1:1 with the Dir of Sales, I went back to their offices to meet with the CTO and Dir of Sales. Again, the purpose of the interviews were to gauge my personality and get a sense how well I understood their business model, and have a more in-depth discussion about the job's role and responsibilities. The final round consisted of 5 total interviews. 2 were with the Head of Product and a Sr Engineer. These 2 interviews were tougher because they really tried to test my skills that were needed to be successful as the Pub Account Manager. We went through a variety of scenarios and talked through how I would solve all types of problems. The final 2 interviews were with the CEO, which was more of a conversation about TapSense's goals and strategy, and another discussion with the CTO. Finally I talked with the Dir of Sales to wind up the afternoon, and this meeting was more about how all the interviews went and to answer any final questions.

Overall it was a challenging interview process, but well worth the time and effort. It's a great company to work for and the current employees want to make sure they are bringing in the right people who share the vision and are able to contribute to the success of the company.

Interview Questions

• How would I work with publishers to ensure they are maximizing their revenue while working with the Ad Ops team to ensure we are meeting our campaign metrics?   Answer Question

Manager, Publisher Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TapSense (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Came onsite for an interview where I met the team. They interview was long from 10am to 3pm. They had also offered me lunch. Most of the team members were great to interact with and were helpful. But it seems that they do not have respect for anyone's time as the process got delayed by an hour and I had prior commitments. Lot of questions about targets, revenues achieved.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to the past work experience.   Answer Question