Tapestry Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions (O'Fallon, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on their website and was contacted about a month later asking if I would like to do an in-person interview at their O'Fallon, IL location. I was brought into a conference room with a project manager and two software engineers and was asked a mix of technical and behavioral questions for an hour. These questions ranged anywhere from "Describe a time where you had to work with a teammate that was unhelpful" to "How would you describe inheritance in object-oriented programming?". There was only one whiteboard question where I had to write out a simple string reversing function. After the interview was over, I received a phone call the next day asking if I was still interested in the position because they would like to move forward with me and propose a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse each word in a sentence. For example, the sentence "John drinks milk" should be changed to "nhoJ sknird klim".   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions (San Luis Obispo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received an unexpected phone call (no email) from them a month later. That very phone call they said they would like me to come on site for an in-person interview. It smelled a little fishy that they were jumping to this step despite no prior phone screen or any technical screening. But, leaving no opportunity to waste, I agreed to drive 4.5 hours to San Luis Obsipo to interview for 2 hours. The interview was with a panel of 4 people. Basic questions about experience and then we did 2 coding questions on the whiteboard, followed by drawing a UML diagram for a network. I felt really positive about how the interview went. A week later I received an anonymous email from the HR department saying they went with another candidate. Their recruiting process for me was a mess for several reasons. 1. They had me travel 4-5 hours away, before even screening me for any technical ability (not that my technical skills were an issue), 2. They never responded to my email regarding whether they reimbursed travel, or how long I could expect the interview to take, 3. When getting rejected, they emailed me from a general recruiting email instead of the personal address I was corresponding with.

Interview Questions

• Draw a UML diagram for a printer network.   Answer Question
    • Write code for finding which room a robber is in a large mansion. Each room you visit will tell you if he had been there and when he last was.   1 Answer
    • Print all odd numbers 100 -> 1   Answer Question

Interview

Filled out a test/questionnaire on their computer, then was asked thought process questions, particularly about describing steps of a process in detail and questions about troubleshooting. They want to test your ability to find bugs and document steps for reproducing bugs, so keep that in mind. Pay close attention to details.

Interview Questions

• List 10 methods of transportation you could take to get home from here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

I met with a representative during the computer career fair and handed her my resume. The people I met with were very friendly. I received a call for a phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. I am going in for another interview today.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiter scheduled a phone screening for behavioral purposes. The questions were straight forward and the recruiter seemed to be engaged and interested in the conversation. I was told I would hear back within two weeks on the status of my application, but I never got a call back. It took a few tries to get in contact with them both through email and phone to find out they had crossed me off the list.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would mediate a personal conflict between you and another party?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

They only do 1 interview in person for hiring full-time position. It's close to 2 hours long. First you have to do written questions alone. Then they bring out different team members and ask behavior questions, asks you to present your work samples, and white board questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with two senior employees (one teleconferenced in). They asked about my education background, past employment, etc. Then they proceeded to ask me a series of questions regarding possible testing and debugging scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How would you verify the luminous intensity of a light bulb (basically design a test case and then come up with possible failing scenarios)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was decent. Had a phone interview with someone from HR and then was brought into the office for an interview about 2 weeks later. They were just setting up their new location so they didn't have the video conference working but was able to complete the interview over the phone in their office.

Interview Questions

• Name 10 different ways to get an image across the country. They don't have to be the most practical ways of doing it and we are testing for your creativity.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions.

Interview

I applied online through their website and had a prescreen call with a recruiter then another with the hiring managers and finally an onsite interview. It was very strange that they wanted me to tell a non-offensive joke in 2 of 3 interviews. Didn't know they were looking for a stand up comic. Three hours of my life were spent with them and they couldn't even bother to let me know the position was filled. I even followed up with the recruiter and "crickets". Pretty rude if you ask me so I'm feeling glad they didn't hire me.

Software Developer - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tapestry Solutions (San Luis Obispo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Received an E-mail asking to schedule an interview a few weeks after talking with Tapestry at the Cal Poly SLO career fair. The interview was set up within a week of receiving the e-mail.

Everyone I interacted with seemed very friendly and cheerful. After arriving on site, I took a short written test on Java and pointers (C). Then I had a panel interview in front of a few employees where I mainly talked about my past projects and then did two algorithms on a whiteboard.

The quiz had some specific questions in Java that were a little tough but the algorithms during the panel interview were pretty simple. Overall, a good experience. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• In Java, what's the difference between a Set and a List?   Answer Question