Tapjoy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tapjoy Interview Questions

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tapjoy.

Interview

There was a preliminary phone screen followed by a technical screen. Each was took the time to have a nice conversation, asking questions about me and describing the company.

Interview Questions

• What part of the technical stack do you prefer to work on?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tapjoy.

Interview

They were very easy to talk to, quite friendly too. There was a phone call, and then an onsite interview. Overall my experience was positive except for the fact that they never told me they weren't moving forward with me, I had to follow up about it a few times, and only then did they tell me. It turned out not to be a great fit from my perspective either, but it would have been more helpful if they had let me know sooner.

Interview Questions

• How I would plan to deal with an oversaturated market, what my prospecting techniques are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tapjoy.

Interview

Tapjoy has a wonderful recruiting team who is exceptionally responsive, helpful, and organized. They truly value and respect candidates' time and are extremely knowledgable. Not only were interviews held in a timely manner, but candidate questions were answered thoughtfully and thoroughly.

Data Analytics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tapjoy (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got an email from HR saying that they wanted to schedule a phone call. I thought the call would be from HR, but it turned out to be an engineer. I got a bit blindsided with technical questions, so I did not do very well. I then received an email a couple days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• In SQL, describe the different types of joins.
      Asked to solve a SQL query
      General questions about Python
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tapjoy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted over LinkedIn by Armada, great communication from them throughout. Had an initial phone screening which was pretty basic with slight technical questions, nothing to detailed. Was invited for an on-site shortly after. The on-site was half-day with a couple different groups of folks, ending with a "white-board talk" I lead for 25 minutes with Q & A. Overall pretty standard interview questions, some fun ones mixed in. Great people, friendly and professional, everyone was very open about the solutions to problems. Was contacted shortly after with positive feedback and a follow up phone discussion. Overall a great interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Something like "Provide an example of something in technology you believe, follow or adhere to that generally people would disagree with"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tapjoy (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I didn't really get that far. While I was waiting for the recruiter's, or senior manager's, response after addressing my interest and interview date availability for a phone interview, it took him four days to reply and tell me to come stop by the office right after I took a trip to the city Tapjoy was headquartered in. I was already taking the Caltrain back to the South Bay when he sent me the e-mail. and I don't even think he read my resume to know that I live in the South Bay. I told him that I would not be able to "stop by" since I would be working all week. I then ask for a phone interview like we were supposed to have when a date was never set in the initial responses.

The next day, we have the phone interview, and he apologizes for the delay in responding back to me and such. Okay. Then I undergo a long silence with him. Wasn't he supposed to begin the interview since he's interviewing me? I then ask him questions about the company since the silence was getting awkward. Then he tells me more about the company. Then some more silence. Then I ask more questions, and then he starts asking me the interview questions, like "Tell me a little bit about yourself" and "What interests you about the role" kind of questions that really made me think he was uninterested and unprepared for this interview.

Finally, his other phone rings and he asks if I could hold on so he can take this other call. I've been through enough interviews to know that it's pretty unprofessional to divide your attention from a candidate to provide the the other portion to a call, checking your phone/clock or associate. He finally gets back and asks me another question and if I had any other questions. I did.

During the weekend, he apologizes again in an e-mail and tells me that I didn't get the offer. So that's the process I went through at Tapjoy. I don't feel like I received the attention I needed to fully describe the talent that I could provide for the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tapjoy (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter messaged me via LinkedIn. I took time off from work to come into the office for a series of in-person interviews. A month has elapsed, and to date, I have received no response.

If someone takes the time to come into the office an interview, there should be some sort of follow-up. I'm not seeking detailed feedback. Obviously, I didn't get the job, but out of courtesy, any form of closure would have appreciated--even an automated rejection. Show some class.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard interview. Everyone has their own questions/problems. Nothing especially difficult/unexpected stood out.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tapjoy (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Half day of interviews with software engineers. Typical whiteboarding sessions, with design, coding, communication, and domain specific questions. Best sessions were looking for passion and communication skills; coding questions were ok at best and seemed to be more to tell if I had any experience rather than see how much skill I had. Had to give a 20-30 minute 'team talk' on a topic of my choosing focusing on something that I was passionate about - I presented on an open source project I had worked on in the past.

Interview Questions

• What is one software engineering opinion you hold that most other people would disagree with?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tapjoy (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the manager of sales which went really well. Basic questions about my background, what I knew about Tapjoy, etc. He then set up a call with the newest member of the sales team at the SF office so I get could a good feel on what the day-to-day was like, etc.

My next step was to speak with their Director of Sales (based in their Santa Barbara office) for an in-person meeting while she was in town. I showed up at the Tapjoy office and the lady was not even there! She was "still at lunch" at 3pm so I was little upset with that. I met with 2 managers and all asked very basic questions that had been asked in the initial phone screen. I was there for about an hour and left feeling confident. That was almost two months ago and I have not heard back since. I sent thank you emails as well as two follow-ups. Nothing.

Interview Questions

• What does Tapjoy do (seems basic but it is a fairly complicated idea for someone not involved in tech).   Answer Question

Sale Support Interview

Interview

Overall the interview process was what would typically expect. However hiring manager could go rogue and not follow the standard procedure. This could be confusing and not properly set expectations. Perhaps this is an isolated case because the recent reorg, new hires, and having multiple employees leaving around the same time.

Not optimistic about the company especially with all the changes, poor communication and bad product reviews.