Targa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Targa Interview Questions

2.8

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Targa (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Make sure you know the company and get comfortable with behavioral type of questions, but the interviewers are very nice so they will make you feel more comfortable. Come in with questions to ask. Overall just make sure you prepare prior to the first interview, you only have one chance to get into the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you made a process better such as coming up with a new plan or new idea to improve something.   Answer Question

Natural Gas Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford City, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Targa (Watford City, ND).

Interview

It was a standard interview. They will test your knowledge of process. It is easy if you have experience. If you don't have the experience or knowledge, it will be hard to fake.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Targa (Houston, TX).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Two interviews on the first round and around ten on the second round. Second round is an all day interview process. Mostly behavioral and company related questions.

Instrument/Analyzer Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mont Belvieu, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Targa (Mont Belvieu, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, plant hanger, and the two analyzer technicians. Talked about job duties. Ran through resume. They really want long term employees. They want to train people to work there for 20 years.

Analyst Interview

Interview

There are usually several rounds of interviews. Interviews for most people are behavioral-focused. Management is looking for people with strong communication and other soft skills, and cares less about technical skills. Do your research before coming and know the company, its business, and its financials. If you show examples that you are a hard worker and you have good people skills, you have a pretty good chance of getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• The easiest question that many people "miss" is related to facts about the company. Do your research, people!!   Answer Question

Scheduling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Targa (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They took several months to do anything in terms of contacting candidates. During the interview there were several no win questions asked. When I asked about a timeframe for their decision I was told by the VP " it could be days, weeks or months". It took them well over a month to get back.

Interview Questions

• If you had a pick of what department you would like to work in, what would it be?   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Targa in March 2013.

Interview

There were 2 30 minutes interview, it was not so formal but they had some decent behavioral question. Basicaly STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• In your previous job, did you change anything like environment or did you bring any innovative idea to the table?   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Targa (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial interview began with a 1 hour session split into two interviews with different employers. Mostly behavioral questions, along with situational

Interview Questions

• What have you done where you optimized a process and made it more efficient?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Targa (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward.
    - Tell me about the current work you are doing
    - Behavioral questions

They wanted to find out if they could work with and you can do your job.

Negotiation

They are competitive so there was no need to negotiate.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Targa in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and comfortable feeling, I met with a senior level VP of engineering as well as the engineer in charge of the current project in which I was being hired on for. There were no surprises or hidden questions within the interview, it was as straight forward as an interview could be. Very much an ideal situation.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, best thing for an interviewee is to know what they are talking about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, they gave me an offer and I took it.