Tarleton State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tarleton State University Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tarleton State University in January 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward and personable. Classic in-person interview process with HR. The time between interview and hiring decision can vary. Background check is required. Because it is a state agency, much of the hiring process is very regimented, but that makes the process more transparent.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stephenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tarleton State University (Stephenville, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with Graduate Advisor of University. Only one interview as it is a part time position for a graduate teaching assistant and/or research assitantship (not available any more)

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stephenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tarleton State University (Stephenville, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview atmosphere was surprisingly laid back. They put a lot of stock in the following question/scenario: "Think back to a difficult customer service experience you've had. How did you deal with it?" Also, they'll ask what you'd do if a student came to you saying they were failing. Try to avoid telling them to drop. Tell them to go to the advising center.

Interview Questions

• "Think back to a difficult customer service experience you've had. How did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stephenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tarleton State University (Stephenville, TX).

Interview

I put in numerous applications but was finally called after a few months. I was interviewed by 7 staff members and all their questions were focused on my experience & the job they are filling. It was a great interview.

Negotiation

Just accepted it

Undergraduate Research Assistantship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tarleton State University (Waco, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I did not have an interview, I had to submit an application for the grant to Office of Student Research and Creative Activities which provides the position of research assistantship. The application was review by a panel who decided who would be accepted to receive a position as a research assistanship.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. I had to submit a grant application to Office of Student Research and Creative Activities at Tarleton State Univeristy. I was a senior student at the university and had to present a research project design that would gain the panels attention.   Answer Question