Tata Consulting Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consulting Engineers Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.1

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers.

Interview

Technical interview with basic electrical engineering questions regarding protection, motor and transformer equivalent circuit, electricity billing process... HR interview involved testing of soft skills, background check , question like where do you see yourself after 5 years,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Amicable

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers.

Interview

First Shortlisting on the basis of Technical & aptitude test, then Technical & HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Interview was good. Questions were asked related to your summer intern & few related to engineering metallurgy   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Good as per my interview is cincer. A panel of 4 ppl done interview. Telephonic followed by personal and hr process. The complete experience is goodood as per my interview is cincer. A panel of 4 ppl done interview. Telephonic followed by personal and hr process. The complete experience is good.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers in October 2015.

Interview

I belong to M.tech Environmental Engineering branch. The hiring process consists of written test(apti+technical) & the shortlisted candidates are called for interview (Tech+HR). There are 30 apti questions & time given is 30 min. 10 from verbal,10 logical,10quantitative. Difficulty is normal. After apti, the technical paper consists of 30 questions with 30 min time. Difficulty level is easy. You have to read basics of environmental engineering which you prepared for GATE.
    In technical interview your project is of out most importance. They basically ask questions about water/wastewater distribution network design & Munucipal Solid Waste Management.
    HR is normal.

Interview Questions

• How will you find Dia of water distribution/sewer pipe?   1 Answer
    • What is Hazen-williams coefficient? What are its values   1 Answer
    • Draw Wastewater Treatment plant flowsheet.   Answer Question
    • What should be the quality if treated Wastewater discharging into river stream?   1 Answer
    • What are the disposal methods of Municipal Solid Waste?   1 Answer
    • What is the composition of Municipal Solid Waste   1 Answer

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

There will be written test both in technical and quant and aptitude
    TCE campus recruitment in NICMAR consist of three rounds
    1)Certificate verification
    includes verifying the student credentials from 10th to graduation
     2)Technical round(TR)
    includes testing your technical skills from grauation and post graduation
    3) HR round
    includes testing your confidence levels and communication skills

Interview Questions

• Subjects studied in NICMAR from 1st trimester to last trimester   1 Answer
    • Stages of planning a project??   1 Answer
    • Risk management process??   1 Answer
    • Rate analysis for 10cub.meter concrete??   1 Answer
    • asked various codes for mix design,aggregate,reinforced cement concrete??   1 Answer

Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers in October 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds. First round was a written test comprising of both technical and aptitude questions. Candidates were shortlisted based on the written test. There were a technical round and HR round which emphasize on the practical questions rather than the theoretical knowledge

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      About the dissertation work
      Strength of materials
      Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers (Chennai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

First Interview through Skype at TCE Kolkata office.
    It was like a friendly discussion rather than interview.
    Second interview was face to face with Client at TCE Chennai office. Clint wanted to establish that I was not fit for the job, but I convinced him that I was the right person .

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur (Burma)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers (Jaipur (Burma)) in October 2015.

Interview

Initially there was the aptitude and technical test. After which we had a technical interview followed by HR interview. Interview started off with a simple introduction , went on to explaining about the subjects i like and through that questions started coming up. Since my interview was from the cement production unit i had to answer questions related to the cement production also.

Interview Questions

• They focused mainly on technical questions, heat transfer, cement production etc   Answer Question

Design Engineer Structures Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers (Warangal (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

it was tough. Questions were asked deep through the subject.IS codes are important. Basics should be very clear.RCC and steel were asked. Earthquake codes and wind codes are to be emphasized. Mtech subjects are to be revised. Aptitude test is difficult

Piping Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consulting Engineers (Mumbai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

personal interview & Hr round.
    it wan't a detailed interview just small bits, cause they needed to fill the position quickly I guess
    got selected in a week.
    The HR was regular the break up was just shown on paper & it was mailed after confirmation of offer from my side. Got lucky to negotiate the offer to my levels while others haven't been so lucky.
    other person had his recruitment process going on for 2 weeks.
    his interview was stretched for full 2 days....

Interview Questions

• layout, PDMS, codes & standards   1 Answer