Tate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tate

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tate.

Interview

The interview was very conversational. Nothing too difficult or unexpected. The recruiter was very nice and just asked me to walk him through my resume. He then asked a few detailed questions regarding specific experiences. The whole process was very stress-free.

It took about a week to receive a response.

Interview Questions

• What is your proficiency level of excel? What are some formulas in excel that you are familiar with and use to facilitate work?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Thorough but enjoyable. There is a group interview for three hours, where prospective employees are asked to get involved in relevant tasks. They usually shortlist again and ask for a one to one interview shortly after.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Efficient interview booking system. Mostly lunchtime slots. Was kept waiting for 15 minutes past the appointed time. Interview itself was conducted professionally. That said, the interviewers seemed slightly stressed and hurried.

When asked to describe their culture they got a bit edgy (this is always a good question to ask an prospective employer by the way – if they hesitate and feel uncomfortable responding you know immediately that there are issues). When asked whether the 1 year contract on offer was a maternity cover they responded by saying that ALL new contracts at the Tate are now 1 year fixed term, no matter what the role.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tate (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

A very lengthy online application and if successful, a one on one interview. Then either a decline or an offer. In this case, I was firstly declined and then they verbally offered me another vacancy which was better suited for my skills. Always ask for feedback, if offered. I think that showed I was more than interested in the vacancy.

Interview Questions

• Why the Tate? What can you tell me about your experiences ... give examples!!!!   Answer Question

Development Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tate (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

One interview, nice enough people and straigtforward. Interviews were from department and not HR, so had idea what they were doing, seemed abit nervous, despite me being junior. Took forever to give me the job, makes me wonder which runner up I was?

Interview Questions

• Something about passion, what I hope to learn. Junior role, no complexity   Answer Question