Tawkify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tawkify

2.5

Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tawkify (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online for one position, but after making a presentation, I was told that I was being considered for another role. I was asked to come into the office twice, once to make a presentation on homework that I had been given.

Every step of the process took over a month, and after my last interview, they just ignored me. I would not recommend applying here for any position. They were very disorganized and made no effort at all to respect my time.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tawkify (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied via craigslist, I had an initial phone interview within a couple of days, then an in person interview within a week of that, then I received an offer within a week. I was surprised it was so fast

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous job experience and how I was able to relate to people. The ad I applied to and the questions in the first interview were so vague that I did not actually realize I was applying for a sales job until my second interview. I actually thought I was applying to be a matchmaker   Answer Question

Matchmaker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tawkify.

Interview

It was a pretty basic video interview with a few simple questions, about 5 in all. They asked questions about if you had previously worked in a remote situation and if you felt you were well equipped for that.

There were also questions that asked you to express what attributes you had which would make you a suitable matchmaker.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about whether you had previously worked in a remote position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tawkify (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was a video interview where yout taped urself answerwing a bunch of auto questions. Then you spoke to person that works there if she liked you you got invited to group interview. Group interview was not that great. On the spot with all these people live on video. Had to answer questions about the world of matchmaking and role play. Person leading interview pretended to be difficult clients and you eacah jump in to respond in real time.

Interview Questions

• Role Play: Handle this difficult client (they act it out) you respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tawkify (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

After submitting your cover letter and resume, if selected, you are sent a link to complete a "one-sided" interview. Through video conference interface, you answer a series of questions (5) that allow for a broader understanding of who you are, what professional qualities you have, and if you may be a good fit for being a matchmaker. If you move on to the next step, you participate in a group interview (anywhere from 10-20 other candidates), through which you engage in role playing scenarios that mimic potential client-matchmaker interactions. The final step in the interview process is a one-on-one video call with their lead recruiter that culminates in establishing whether or not you feel as if this kind of work is a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work experience where you consistently meet deadlines and benchmarks.   Answer Question

Matchmaker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tawkify in August 2017.

Interview

There is a three step interview process. The first step was a solo video interview, which required me to answer questions as I was being recorded. Second was a group interview. The third was a one on one with the hiring staff.

Matchmaker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tawkify in April 2018.

Interview

super fun and interactive. applicants were interviewed in a group on zoom video and it was sort of like an improv game. perfect environment for outgoing, empathetic, brave applicants!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tawkify (Remote, OR).

Interview

Do not waste your time!!! Very unprofessional and disappointing experience. Applied online, got an email asking to complete 3 easy self-recorded videos (interview #1). Received an invite BEFORE completing those videos saying they loved my videos and I was invited to interview #2. Interview #2 was a group interview, roughly 40 people in an online Zoom chatroom. It was not an interview but rather everyone introducing themselves via webcam. The leader provided some info about the position and then opened the floor for about 2 questions and more self-introductions. Then, you complete a post-interview form essentially saying if you were interested going forward. I got an email a few days later with a link to schedule interview #3, a phone call. Worst professional interview experience of my entire life!! The boss only had one question "tell me what drew you to this role." Beyond that, she opened the floor for me to ask questions for 20 minutes, which I appreciated. However, the interview quickly turned into an extremely rude and unprofessional "coaching session" that a) I did not ask for, b) wasted my time by not getting any questions answered. Every single question I asked was not answered by critiqued for being "too stacked and specific." (i.e., roughly how many clients live in my city would I be working with? Is it a growing market? Why do you need a matchmaker in my region? About how many potential matches in my city are in your database-- is it viable to even find matches? What does the process look like after hiring on as a contractor? )

The interviewer tried to promote her personal energy coaching business on me and said she wanted to "groom me" to help me ask the questions in a more appropriate way. NONE of my questions were answered, instead she critiqued my questions for being too specific and told me how I could rephrase them because she wanted to be a "friend"-- again all non-solicited (a major clue that she did not have the answers to them or did not want to discuss the company's lack of clients) . I was also called "too smart" by the interviewer.

The call ended by the interviewer saying she was "channeling my energy" and had a feeling I was hesitant about taking the contractor role to please my family. Extremely offensive and judgmental. I kindly said that is a false assumption and was simply curious to see how this gig could pay the bills. I have not heard back yet, but I will easily be turning down the job should I be selected.

I have been on many interviews and received offers and countless interview tips in a professional setting. This was easily the most unprofessional, attack-based interview of my life! It's concerning that these were even considered "interviews" since the company learned nothing about me or my skills, but rather critiqued my question-asking skills. It hindered my entire view of the company and their staff.

Be aware that if you can't find matches for your clients in the database you have to turn to dating apps using your own self as the profile to recruit matches. Run away and don't even waste your time! Find a company that is interested in you and actually interviews.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Tawkify (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process is pretty low key but fun! It consists of a group video interview with your competition as well as one of the founders (and celebrity) E Jean Carrol. She runs through various scenarios with you and does role playing with each candidate to see how they would fair in a real life matchmaker situation. She then asks the other candidates what was good about that answer and what was wrong. Finally she asks why you want to be a matchmaker.

Interview Questions

• Some of the role playing situations are pretty tricky: managing unrealistic expectations, date disasters, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tawkify (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quite hectic. It took about four stages of interviews and no response from them. They are just time wasters. Besides, i wasted a lot of energy and resources just to be a matchmaker with them.

Interview Questions

• I asked if they have my country in there database   1 Answer