Taylor Morrison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Taylor Morrison Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.7

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison.

Interview

The interview mostly contained the questions about your last project and understanding of technical tools. Questions were asked on basic SQL concepts to test your knowledge and understanding of the skill.

Community Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I arrived at the location 10 minutes early. No one offered me anything to drink nor did anyone smile or say hello. It wasn't long before it became evident that the company had forgotten I was interviewing that day. The person I was scheduled to interview with had forgotten she had a meeting and I was interviewed by someone else.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

A third-party recruiter reached out to me and she screened me via phone. Taylor Morrison asked to speak with me and I had a phone interview with the hiring manager (VP of HR). That went very well. Then, I was asked to interview with the Division and Region leaders in Folsom. Very friendly people and it seemed to be more about getting to know me rather than an actual interview. Then, I had a phone interview with the HR Business Partner in the central region (who would be my colleague). That was more like a formal interview, but we seemed to hit it off well since we had a shared connection on Linkedin. I also interviewed with the HR Business Partner in the east via phone. He seemed to approach it more like I had the job already and was speaking to me like a colleague. They both spoke highly of TM and of the VP they worked for and who would have been my boss.

Then...I was invited to do various in-person interviews at the headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ. I was very excited about this as it seemed I was doing well in the process and they are investing in me coming out and meeting people. I spoke with people who would be my colleagues, direct reports and leaders that I would be working with and supporting. I also had dinner with the VP of HR. Everything seemed to be going very well and I had very positive interactions with everyone I met. It appeared that everyone I spoke with believed that I was going to be part of the team.

I did ask the hiring manager (VP of HR), if there were other candidates. She mentioned that there were two other candidates (one in Phoenix and one in Sacramento) who were in the middle of the process and she hadn't decided whether to have them come to Scottsdale to meet with others. So, I believed I was "in the lead." She mentioned that the last person in the job was not the right hire and they really needed to make sure they found the right person to build those relationships. I completely understood and felt that I had connected well with everyone. So, I actually felt that the other candidates would not be an issue.

This was right before the July 4 weekend. The VP of HR said she would be traveling the following week and that I should hear more the week of July 11. I was very excited and really felt I was becoming a part of the team during the entire interview process.

I sent individual thank you emails to every person I spoke with in Scottsdale. I received some very positive replies back--still feeling good.

The recruiter informed me the week of July 11 that TM was trying to get another candidate to come in, but she had been real sick and needed an additional week. I was still feeling good and really thought that I would be hearing good news the week of July 18.

The following Monday, the recruiter called and gave me the unfortunate news :(. I was devastated! The recruiter said the only feedback she received from TM was there was a stronger candidate. I can accept that--actually I have to accept that. I emailed the VP and the other two HR Business Partners thanking them for taking the time and wishing them well in building the HR team. I also asked for any feedback for me from the interview process that may help me as I continue my job search journey. I received a response from the HR Business Partner in the east (the one who chatted with me as if we were colleagues already) and he said he didn't see any missteps and thanked me as well.

Although I did not get a job offer and it took me a days to get over the disappointment, I was very pleased with everyone I met and with Taylor Morrison. What I found is that many on the HR team were practically new to the organization and they all spoke highly about TM and about their CEO and their focus on the people. Everything about TM was something I wanted to be a part of....I even reached out to the VP and asked that if another opportunity arose that might be a match for the both of us that I hope we can reconnect.

Interview Questions

• How would you build relationships with the business leaders?   1 Answer

Taylor Morrison Response

Aug 9, 2016

Thank you for your response. We know how stressful interviewing can be and try hard to make each candidate feel welcomed and valued during the process. Our goal is to ensure that candidates can get a... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison in July 2016.

Interview

They get you to interview and not even hiring. You will only be in debt with a draw in the company. They aren't even selling homes in their communities. look for yourself.

Interview Questions

• How munch do you want to earn?   1 Answer

Process Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison (Maitland, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and down to earth. Made me feel comfortable and at home. I knew next to nothing about the mortgage industry but they were more concerned with my attention to detail and ability to work well with others.

Interview Questions

• Do I work well with others and under pressure?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison.

Interview

It is a new company and new process. I had to do a few interviews before I can hired with the old company before they new company who bought the old completely took over.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison.

Interview

I was emailed and asked to come into the office for a formal interview. I interviewed with three different people and they were all very knowledgeable about the company. Also, everyone that I interviewed with worked with the company for 5 years+.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were relevant to the job description and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Land Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison.

Interview

I applied a month prior before getting an in person interview with the President and a VP from corporate. I only interviewed one time with these two people and it took about a week and a half before I they called me back in to present the offer. TM doesn't typically do a lot of interviews, or if they do, they keep it to a minimum of one day of meeting with people.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had a problem standing up to upper management. They wanted to hire someone that wasn't too quiet. I thought that question was odd.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation needed. I was happy with the pay.

New Home Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison (Maitland, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

After they setup the appointment for the interview they send me couple of e-mail with links to fill out some questions which help me a lot to be prepare for the interview. I had 2 interviews first one with the area sales manager who was very nice and professional at the same time. The second interview was with the VP of sales who told me the history of the company from A to Z and how proud he was to be working with them and that was when I realize that I really would love to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my experience as NHC and how to close a deal   Answer Question

Financial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taylor Morrison (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter Scheduled Interview Time and Place
    Met with Hiring Manager and Senior Manager - questions were very similar
    Was provided a tour of the offices
    Meet a few of the other employees on FP&A Team
    Received feedback from recruiter

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have to offer that would advance the FP&A team.   1 Answer