Taylor & Francis Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

I went in twice and interviewed with the same woman. The first time and second were fine. For the 2nd time, I had to create marketing plans.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied internally for this position after having worked at the company for about 3 years. Regardless, I did have to follow normal interview protocol. I submitted an application to HR and an interview was arranged shortly thereafter. The company recently instated a new, more "official" process. A series of questions were asked from a pre-arranged packet and my interviewers took notes based on the answers I gave. In total, the entire process took about one hour. None of the questions were "difficult" per se, but they did require some careful thought. Be prepared to back up your answers with specific examples.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you saw a better way of doing things, and how you accomplished making the change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (New York, NY).

Interview

In person interviews and Skype interviews with office in UK. They fist ask you to go over your work history. Then they have a list of questions that they read off based on competency. Lots of "describe a scenario where you did this or that" type questions with specifics required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you needed to influence a number of people to gain support for an idea.   Answer Question

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I received an e-mail asking me to come in for a first-round interview. The process was lovely and the interviewers were so kind. Unfortunately, I was not asked to come back for a second round, which was very surprising given the success of the interview. I believe they are highly selective and will not hire unless you have prestigious internship/entry-level experience at publishing house with a similar culture.

Interview Questions

• You really need to know about their competitors. Book trade is a competitive market and they want to know you are serious about acquiring good titles/ establishing good ties. Have a strategy in your back pocket.   Answer Question

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (Florence, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy just basic questions but after getting hired my first day seemed rocky but I figured that was just expected and then the job it's self started to suck management in that whole building is terrible and the people you work with are so negative all the time by far the worst place i have ever worked if they get new management in there it may be a better place to work but i doubt it

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on if I could lift so many pounds and was comfortable with the job   1 Answer

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (Florence, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

Told SUPERVISOR what I could do and got hired. He wanted to know about my work experience I had in Shipping before. This really was a no problem getting the job considering the over turn they have because of the lead of the department.

Interview Questions

• What computer experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume and cover letter online. Was contacted nearly a month later, and was asked to do an interview two days later. Met with the person who would be a supervisor and one one of the editors. The interview was pretty standard, with questions about my goals, my work history, and what I could offer the company. Afterward, I was given a three-part quiz on copy editing, spelling, and grammar. They said the hiring process would take two weeks, and it has only been one and a half, so I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about academic publishing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

After submitting your application, the company notifies you within two weeks whether you qualify for a phone screen or not. They then contact you if they see you for for the job. It took exactly 15 days for me to hear from them. The phone screen lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted for an interview a few days after applying. I was instructed to arrive 30-40 minutes early, as there were some tests I had to complete. Upon arrival, I was instructed to fill out an application and 5-6 short tests. I just copied the information off my resume onto the application, it seemed kind of silly to have both but the receptionist insisted. The tests included a basic grammar test, a basic spelling test, a prioritizing exercise, a mock-email draft, and an editing exercise. Completing all the paperwork took about 40 minutes. When I was done, the actual interview with my prospective supervisor began. It was very thorough, including hypothetical questions as well as "tell me about a time when you" type questions. She explained exactly what kind of person she was looking for, how she interacts with her assistant, and the training process. then, I met her boss and answered some more questions with him. His were more basic interview questions. By the time I was finished and left the office, it was about 2 and a half hours after I'd arrived. By far the longest interview I've ever had, but I appreciate how complete my knowledge about the position and prospective employer were afterwards. It definitely didn't feel like a waste of time, like very short interviews I've had in my past have felt.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a manager you really enjoyed working for, and a manager you didn't enjoy working for, and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Taylor & Francis Group (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, 1:1 with an editor. You're given a editing test, spelling test, an exercise on how to prioritize a list of tasks, and you discuss it with the editor as a way of outlining what the day-to-day of the job is, as well as the long term goals of whatever list you're working on. Took an edit test home -- had to write back cover copy for a book.

Would recommend familiarizing yourself with the subject area of what you'd be working on, and with higher ed news generally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, can't advise further.