Teach For All Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach For All Interview Questions

3.1

Associate Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach For All (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

This company takes a while during each stage of the interview to make a decision. It first starts with a phone interview which lasts about 20 mins. After a week you'll recieve an assisgment with a 800 word minimum about a topic of education reform. After another week you will be invited to speak to the Director of HR which is Karen. You will speak more extensively about your skills and a lot about the core values and your assignment so be prepared to speak a lot. After that another week will go by and you will be invited to collaborate for an hour with the other staff members in that department. After another week you'll hear whether you recieved the job or not.

Director, Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For All (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone call and In Person meeting

Phone call from London was great. The HR Manager is very polite and he asks the right questions, relevant to the job that you have applied.

Once you clear that interview and invited for the next round of interview with the Hiring Manager, you start getting a shock of your life.

I had applied for Director in Leadership Position. So I was expecting some high-level questions related to that position. As I was interviewed, I realized, my position was more of an Executive Assistant to the CEO

Nothing wrong being an Executive Assistant, but be clear about that in the job description. When I was asked "How will you write an email to a partner?" I almost fainted. Seriously!! Ask me some tough questions...!!!

I think my shocked expression could not convince them I could be a good Executive Assistant, and I was never called, which I never bothered to follow up also...

Did not get a good vibe about the organization. It looked like everything revolves around the CEO!!

Interview Questions

• When you write, how will you become a voice of someone else?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach For All in October 2015.

Interview

It was a lengthy process (2 months) from the time I first applied to the time I heard back via phone that I did not get the position. The interviews consisted of 1 phone interview, an in-person interview, a skills exercise, and a skype interview with multiple people to review the skills test. I also had a couple informal "phone conversations" with employees in between rounds, which I treated as additional "interviews." The HR director was great and incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. Each person I met was smart and generally friendly, and I felt comfortable talking with them during the process. The interview questions were not very hard-- they were more along the lines of "Why this position?" "Walk me through how you organize your projects and manage your time," and they also asked specific questions about my past roles. Make sure you highlight specific examples of how your past experience will help you do well in the job. The skills test provides you with real examples of the kind of work you will do. My advice would be: treat the assignments not only as a way for you to "prove" your skills, but also to see if you would like the job in general. If anything, it is important to keep in mind that interviewing with Teach for All will most likely be a very detailed and long process. Candidates could potential go through up to 5-6 different "formal" interviews including a skills test before hearing back.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your process for managing your time? How have you prioritized many project deadlines in the past? Why this position?   Answer Question

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via Linkedin, and we had a very productive informational interview! Then, it was the same person with whom I spoke for my official interview. It was very straightforward - questions about my experience, my interest in the job, and the opportunity for me to learn more about the position. I did not move forward, and I would have felt comfortable asking for feedback if I'd wanted

Interview Questions

• The position was a step up in title but turned out to be very similar to what I'm doing now. I was asked about why I would want to make a lateral move, and I didn't have a very good answer.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For All in August 2014.

Interview

Applied in April. In June, received a request for further written information in support of my app. Was on a contract at the time, so I didn't respond. Even still, a month later, received a request for a Skype interview with the UK-based recruiter. Conducted it Skype interview that week. 45 minutes. A preliminary screening call. Very broad questions.

Interview Questions

• "What about your prior experience do you feel makes you well suited for this position?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach For All (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online after finding TFAll on Idealist. I submitted my cover letter and resume, and then received an email from a would-be supervisor for a phone interview. We had a usual informational phone interview which also gauged my interest in education and international affairs. After this interview, I received an email with instructions for a skills assessment, which was timed. It was sent to me, I finished it in the allotted time, and then I received a phone call when time was up to review the exercise. After this, I had one more short phone interview, and then I was offered the internship.

Three steps:
    -Informational screening intervew
    -Task-related timed assignment
    -Final Interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach For All (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

There is an initial HR Screening process followed by a lengthy assignment and then is followed by interviews with at least three other people, all of whom you would be working with on your team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you led and drove all the way through?   Answer Question
    • What techniques did you use to communicate effectively across cultures? How do you overcome some basic value differences, such as attitudes towards women, to collaborate on projects and programs.   Answer Question
    • Describe your process for coming up with your answers for your assignment.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 18 months? in five years?   1 Answer
    • What core value of the organization most resonates with you?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach For All.

Interview

You submit an application online, if successful they will call you for a phone interview. They will then send you a short writing test, if you pass this - they will do a face-to-face interview and finally meet the full team to test out chemistry

Director, Data & Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For All.

Interview

I interviewed by phone with the human resources screener. Our phone connection wasn't good and he asked me to call him back in London. It really caught me off guard as I've never had an interviewer ask that I call long distance. I didn't get an additional interview and the interviewer didn't bother to send a rejection note.

Interview Questions

• He asked typical "HR" type questions like how I worked in a team and the accomplishment I'm most proud of.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach For All.

Interview

I applied for the fellowship position through the teachformalaysia.org website. I was placed through 3 rounds of interview (not including the application process which is very lengthy). The three rounds included a phone interview, a critical thinking web assessment and a whole day interview.

The whole day interview is definitely the hardest. It is where you gather at an assessment centre and you'll be required to teach on a subject for a period of time. Then it is the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you led something   1 Answer