Teachers College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teachers College Interview Questions

Interviews at Teachers College

2.7

Other Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College.

Interview

A current employee referred me to the position. We had an online/video interview. A few days later, I was invited for a face to face interview. It was casual and informal process. Those who interviewed me during the final interview assured me not to be nervous. They made me very comfortable. It was more of a chat than an interview. They were very supportive and positive during the interview time.

Interview Questions

• The typical interview questions. In addition, scenario questions. How would I approach to old systems and procedures?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teachers College.

Interview

The interview took about a month and a half. I received a phone call to schedule the interview. Then met with three people for the interview. Although I was provided a timeline, the interview process was unusually long. They met with all of the candidates and asked for recommendations. After that, it took them several weeks to come to a decision.

Interview Questions

• Despite not having the academic background for the role, how will I be able to handle the difficulties that come with the role?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I received the scheduling email three days before the interview. I got to the office right on time and the interviewer was waiting for me. It was a nice and cozy office. We sat down in front of a conference table and chatted for a while first. He asked me about my school life and how I liked the college so far. And then we talked about past experiences in web development (which I didn't actually have a lot at that time). I showed him one of the projects I made (a web app) in a course and he critiqued on it and asked me some questions regarding the website. I was a little nervous but he reassured me that he was willing to teach me every step of the way, as long as I was passionate about the job. He then told me more about the nature of the work. Before I left, he asked me if I have any more questions. In all, it was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any related projects that you can show and explain to me?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through their portal. Got an email to to fix up a time to meet two supervisors. Interview for 45 minutes. And selected within a week. The questions were mixed, behaioral, job specific, personality testing type.

Adjunct Interview

Interview

For adjuncts there wasn't much of one. I was highly recommended by another teacher who had been there for a long time. I had all the necessary credentials and teaching experience. I submitted my resume and had one conversation with the head of the department. It went well and I've been there for 11 years so far.

Interview Questions

• How I handle students of different levels of experience with the subject (some very advanced, some beginners).   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with the assistant director of the institute I was applying to be a graduate assistant for and she simply had an honest conversation with me. She was interested in my previous experiences and wanted to extend her support to me.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview went better than I thought considering that it is an ivy-league institution. The questions were typical, nothing out of the ordinary and typical to HigherEd, I got the chance to meet with many people from different departments.

Assistant Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by committee of three members of the Office of the Registrar followed by a one on one with the Registrar. It was prompt and did not go over the allotted time scheduled.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College.

Interview

Group Interview. Interviewed with potential manager, his manager plus other colleagues in the same group. Also met with cross-functional team members that I would be supporting. Overall, the interview was pretty laid back. The people were friendly and the questions centered on prior experience and achievements along with why I would be a good fit for the position.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was not difficult at all. I met with the department's supervisor and a representative from HR for the first interview. The second interview was a group interview which included employees from the department itself. They were very nice. They asked easy everyday questions.

Interview Questions

• During my first interview I was asked the usual questions: "Tell me about yourself", "why teachers college?", etc..... The second interview was comprise of simple mundane questions: " if you were an animal, which one would you be?"   Answer Question