Teachers College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teachers College Interview Questions

2.6

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview went better than I thought considering that it is an ivy-league institution. The questions were typical, nothing out of the ordinary and typical to HigherEd, I got the chance to meet with many people from different departments.

Other Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College.

Interview

A current employee referred me to the position. We had an online/video interview. A few days later, I was invited for a face to face interview. It was casual and informal process. Those who interviewed me during the final interview assured me not to be nervous. They made me very comfortable. It was more of a chat than an interview. They were very supportive and positive during the interview time.

Interview Questions

• The typical interview questions. In addition, scenario questions. How would I approach to old systems and procedures?   Answer Question

Manager of Cashiering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. I first sat down with someone in the HR department and was later directed to another building for a 2nd interview. In the 2nd interview I sat down with 3 team members who I would be working with. I was told upfront that they are interviewing many prospects for the position, but that no matter what the decision I would be contacted. It has been over 2 months and I was never contacted, I do not mind that I did not receive the job but not getting a call or email is strange.

Adjunct Interview

Interview

For adjuncts there wasn't much of one. I was highly recommended by another teacher who had been there for a long time. I had all the necessary credentials and teaching experience. I submitted my resume and had one conversation with the head of the department. It went well and I've been there for 11 years so far.

Interview Questions

• How I handle students of different levels of experience with the subject (some very advanced, some beginners).   1 Answer

Account Ckerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially had an interview with HR. They screen you before you are able to have the next interview with the bursar and assistant bursar. I moved on to the next stage and met with them the same day. The interview was very painless. We went over my past work experience and they asked very basic interview questions. About 2 weeks later, i was asked to come back for a second interview.The interview went more into detail about my work experience, I met with the same people. I was offered the position 3 weeks after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Why should we hire you over another candidate? What would your employer say about you if we asked?   Answer Question

Account Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. I interviewed with HR initially, then with the director and associate director of my department twice. The whole process took about 2 months before I received an offer. The interview was not difficult and they made me feel very comfortable during the process. They asked a lot of questions and very detailed ones at that.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I received the scheduling email three days before the interview. I got to the office right on time and the interviewer was waiting for me. It was a nice and cozy office. We sat down in front of a conference table and chatted for a while first. He asked me about my school life and how I liked the college so far. And then we talked about past experiences in web development (which I didn't actually have a lot at that time). I showed him one of the projects I made (a web app) in a course and he critiqued on it and asked me some questions regarding the website. I was a little nervous but he reassured me that he was willing to teach me every step of the way, as long as I was passionate about the job. He then told me more about the nature of the work. Before I left, he asked me if I have any more questions. In all, it was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any related projects that you can show and explain to me?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College.

Interview

Group Interview. Interviewed with potential manager, his manager plus other colleagues in the same group. Also met with cross-functional team members that I would be supporting. Overall, the interview was pretty laid back. The people were friendly and the questions centered on prior experience and achievements along with why I would be a good fit for the position.

Assistant Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by committee of three members of the Office of the Registrar followed by a one on one with the Registrar. It was prompt and did not go over the allotted time scheduled.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teachers College (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews, first one a panel of interviewers. Actually, the panel struck me as silly when they first told me to prepare for it, but I was astounded by their professionalism and brilliance. They asked all the right questions and sold me on the job right then and there. A second, follow-up with a tighter group (2 managers) was equally engaging.

Interview Questions

• Owning a big project like XYZ-big-project is clearly something you've done. But tell me, I have this little ABC-mini-project, and I have a lot of these kinds of projects. How would you keep them engaging for yourself and manage to give them the same importance and care?   Answer Question