Tektronix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Calibration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tektronix (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard simple interview with the same questions you'd get asked anywhere else. The whole thing took about 2 hours and included a tour of the facility along with introductions.

Calibration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tektronix (New York, NY).

Interview

Long and drawn out; So many phone calls between different HR and supervisors before obtaining a face to face interview with someone. Then quite a long time went before an offer was made to me. Around 3-4 month process.

Executive Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tektronix (Bridgeport, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Do not know what the interview process was. Company called me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. On the first appointment the hiring manager asked to reschedule. Same on the second and third appointment. After asking me for additional availability, then they never responded after missing three scheduled phone appointments. This unprofessional experience lasted over a month until I finally got a voicemail saying they have chosen to go with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Can you please provide me additional availability time to do this interview? I am very sorry I have to reschedule this again… I have been extremely busy.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a brief call with HR, then another week later spoke with the Hiring manager. A week after I was interviewed in a three hour period with six people at different times. I was very comfortable and thought things went very well. But then after waiting a week from what HR said would take them for a decision, I sent an email for an update and HR responded within minutes speaking about the interviewing has stalled for a while but that they were still interviewing people. After two weeks, I emailed again for an update and was completely ghosted on. I thought everyone was very nice and had nothing but great things to say about Tek. I also spoke with HR multiple times before being ignored so I'm very surprised by this. But that's how it is nowadays. Take your punches and keep going! Something good will come along.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. They probably used the STAR method.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I gave a 30 minute presentation on my background in front of the team, and then spent the rest of the day in 30 minute to 1 hour long interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you take on a leadership role that was not given to you?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I was phone screened by HR and by the hiring manager. About a week later I was invited for an all day on site team/ panel interview consisting of a presentation about myself followed by 1:1 interview with 6 different people. No one from Tektronix followed up with me following the interview with a "Yes" or "No" decision. That was pretty disappointing and the reason for the negative rating.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused mainly on leadership, behavioral and marketing related questions. Very few technical questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening mainly discussing the position and my background. The next step was four on-site one hour interviews with the manager and other mechanical engineers. Most questions were design based.

Interview Questions

• Was handed a part and asked how it could have been manufactured.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

A series of sit down talks. Software, hardware and general questions. Largely it was a meet and greet with some technical questions thrown in. Asked me about EE, about software development skills, etc. Overall everyone was really nice, but I had one intimidating guy and it made me stutter like a fool.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic questions on how filters work   1 Answer

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

First, we did a phone screen where they asked a few basic programming questions. Then, they flew me to Portland for an all-day interview followed by a weekend of house-hunting. The interview was broken up into segments: the team lead to gauge personality fit, programmers to ask technical questions, a higher-level manager to ask about he future, HR to explain benefits, and so on.

The questions weren't quite as technical as I was expecting (but then again, I did provide a portfolio and code sample beforehand). The process was long but not grueling. They gave me positive feedback the next day and followed up quickly with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a destructor virtual in C++?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tektronix (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

I had already been working with many of the people previously. This was a new position for me. I interviewed with my future manager. Because everyone had already seen a lot of my work the interview consisted mostly of culture questions, seeing if the new location was a fit for me.