Telephonics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telephonics Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telephonics (Columbia, MD).

Interview

A few weeks after applying I had a 30 minute phone screen with a human resources secretary to review qualifications and salary. Two weeks later I had a conference call with a few SEG managers and technical lead engineers. A few weeks after that call, I was invited to the SEG office in Columbia for an in-person interview with several managers and various team members.
    The interview questions and style was fairly standard; they were a mix of technical and personality questions. The on-site interviewers were late to start, and I was there for about 4 hours.
    I was somewhat surprised that no one from SEG ever followed-up after the on-site interview. I see the same systems/missile defense engineer re-posted every few weeks for over a year, and since it is such a small group I can only assume that SEG is not serious about hiring for these positions. Honestly, I had very good qualifications, and I hope SEG was not just wasting my time fishing for salary/other information. My general impression was that people on the teams didn't really get along, and it was an unproductively competetive environment. This may explain their discourtesy in failing to follow up with people they bring in for interviews.

Office Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of their HR Generalists who did not know how to conduct herself on the phone, was ill informed about the job requirements/duties and had terrible communication skills! She set up a date and time for me to come in for an interview and when I arrived that day, I was told to leave because I was not on the schedule for an interview. The receptionist did not have my name or any other info about me being scheduled for an interview that day, and when I told her to contact the HR Generalist who contacted me, she said she was not in the office that day. I asked the receptionist to have the HR Generalist call me to reschedule the interview, but I already had a very bad feeling about this company. I never received an apology or a call back from the HR Generalist to reschedule the interview. After reading all the negative reviews here, I am very glad I did not receive further communication from Telephonics for hiring consideration. They have no respect for people who need a job! I believe this experience with Telephonics shows that they are an unprofessional organization. Please be informed by my experience here. You can definitely find much better!

Interview Questions

• Why was I no longer with a former employer?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I found the job on Linkedin and submit my application. I received a call from the HR department about a week later for an initial phone screen and setup for an in person interview. On day of the interview I met with 5 individuals total. 1 HR rep and 4 Systems Engineers of various levels. All of the meetings were 1:1 and lasted for about 30-60 mins each. A lot of the meetings were focused on past experiences and how they applied to make me a good candidate for the current role. Some questions were behavioral asking me how I'd handle something or what did something mean in my mind.

I ended up rejecting the offer. They tried to bring me into a role one level lower than what I interviewed for. I tried to negotiate for the title and they wouldn't budge.

Interview Questions

• When you hear the term verification & validation describe what they mean and what the differences are?   Answer Question
    • Give specific examples from your experience where you had to trouble shoot a problem that was found to be an issue in a system.   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Huntington, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Did not have one was a former employee. Was dismissed for Cause. A cause I was not told. I asked twice what cause and was never told the answer. At that point I picked up my belongings and left the building because I wasn't privy to what I wasn't dismissed for. I was dismissed because I could defend myself.

Interview Questions

• Did not have one was a former employee   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with the major players in the BD department over 5 meetings. Discussions ranged from standard background questions to direct knowledge of the Telephonics products and their applicability to military platforms

Interview Questions

• How would I increase business?   1 Answer

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

2 face to face meetings. Lots of follow up conversation. Lead you on. Took more than 6 months for them to make a decision. Extremely unprofessional on how they handled the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Based on my specific experience and international background there was not a difficult question asked.   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics in January 2013.

Interview

people are nice. HR is excellent. interview went well but they are slow to respond to inquiries and updates on positions.

Senior EE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingville, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position on-line, Career Builder. Within the hour I got a call from their HR. I went on the interview, I meet 4 EEs. The interview process was pleasant. They asked me about my leadership skills (in large projects), do I know "DOORs", my experience with VHDL and using MS Project, my experience in design phases and circuit design. At the end, I was tested on my digital know. Simply State Machine question and MUX question. I answered all their questions, but at the end, I was turned down for the position. It appears that lately employers like this one are demanding more responsibilities from the Senior level Engineers for a salary of $100,000 per year. Interesting that the Senior levels have a high degree of education, but we are not allowed to make the same amount of money that CEO makes with a lesser education level. My views in this situation is that interviewers were looking for a copy of a person who retired from their group and more in experiences. Too much pressure for an individual. Personally, I'm glad I was turned down.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Telephone contact from highly personable recruiter.
    Phone screen from hiring manager.
    Call from HR rep with invitation for face to face interview.
    Face to face interviews with HR Rep and 5 managers.
    All were friendly and open.
    All in all, a good experience.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Met the company at a career fair, spoke on the phone with an HR manager to get some background and get felt out for the position.

Then went in for in person interviews with HR, Hiring manager, and Sr. Manager. Hiring manager had very good questions and gave good detail about the position. Trying to see if we were a good fit. Place seemed like a nice place to be, interesting schedule 7-5 M-Th then 7-12 on Fridays.

They ended up going with someone with more experience with government contracts. This is a government contractor so I would suggest building your knowledge in that area.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of work you have done in " " or projects you have worked on?   Answer Question