Telephonics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Telephonics

2.7

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

2 face to face meetings. Lots of follow up conversation. Lead you on. Took more than 6 months for them to make a decision. Extremely unprofessional on how they handled the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Based on my specific experience and international background there was not a difficult question asked.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. It started with several telephone discussions to establish that there was a good match. The telephone interview was followed by a full day interview that was conducted with various departments including human resources, operations, sales, engineering and finance. Again this was a fairly standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Telephonics is a conservative company and has many employees that have been employed twenty, thirty or more years. My personal employment history includes a number of jobs that were in the 2-year employment range. As such ther were many questions and concerns about my desire for long term employment. This was avalid concern and the line of questioning was appropriate to the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Again, the salary negotiation was fairly straight forward. They understood my salary history and expectations. After a single round of discussions we rapidly came to a mutually acceptable agreement.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Internal referral, this appears to be standard for them for more senior positions. Was flown to their HQ. Started off poorly when they asked me which airport to fly out of (DCA or IAD) and then into (JFK or LGA). They promptly booked the two I didn't request, on the wrong airline. When I showed up for the interview, the HR person had no idea what position I was interviewing for. Halfway through speaking to multiple VPs/CEO, they were discussing a completely different position with me. Complete waste of my time. To top it all off, they still haven't reimbursed me for the expenses.

The office environment appears to be depressed, nobody looks happy to be there. They were unwilling to let me speak with anyone about the work environment, only to the VPs conducting the interview--not with any of my potential colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Usual mix of explaining background, previous positions, technical, etc   Answer Question

Telephonics Response

Nov 22, 2017 – HR Director

I regret that you remember your interview with us so negatively. Our travel arrangements are coordinated by our Travel Administrator who always attempts to accommodate our candidates' preferences... More

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I found the job on Linkedin and submit my application. I received a call from the HR department about a week later for an initial phone screen and setup for an in person interview. On day of the interview I met with 5 individuals total. 1 HR rep and 4 Systems Engineers of various levels. All of the meetings were 1:1 and lasted for about 30-60 mins each. A lot of the meetings were focused on past experiences and how they applied to make me a good candidate for the current role. Some questions were behavioral asking me how I'd handle something or what did something mean in my mind.

I ended up rejecting the offer. They tried to bring me into a role one level lower than what I interviewed for. I tried to negotiate for the title and they wouldn't budge.

Interview Questions

• When you hear the term verification & validation describe what they mean and what the differences are?   Answer Question
    • Give specific examples from your experience where you had to trouble shoot a problem that was found to be an issue in a system.   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics in January 2013.

Interview

people are nice. HR is excellent. interview went well but they are slow to respond to inquiries and updates on positions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Melville, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

They already had in mind a candidate that was in house for the position and this interview was just a formality to check off an HR box.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telephonics (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Not very difficult. The culture at at the org. is key to getting in the door. The first "interview" will be via the Internet and it will be a timed and recorded interview via webcam where they ask you a question, give you a moment to collect your thoughts and then record your answer--once recorded you can not go back and change your answer --I was asked 4 untraditional questions. "Describe your perfect weekend" "what would be the home song.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Met the company at a career fair, spoke on the phone with an HR manager to get some background and get felt out for the position.

Then went in for in person interviews with HR, Hiring manager, and Sr. Manager. Hiring manager had very good questions and gave good detail about the position. Trying to see if we were a good fit. Place seemed like a nice place to be, interesting schedule 7-5 M-Th then 7-12 on Fridays.

They ended up going with someone with more experience with government contracts. This is a government contractor so I would suggest building your knowledge in that area.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of work you have done in " " or projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Telephone contact from highly personable recruiter.
    Phone screen from hiring manager.
    Call from HR rep with invitation for face to face interview.
    Face to face interviews with HR Rep and 5 managers.
    All were friendly and open.
    All in all, a good experience.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Telephonics (Farmingdale, NY).

Interview

Came in twice, spent about 8 hrs each time. This was about 14 years ago. Didn't hear anything for 3 months. Then on a Monday received a letter saying rejected (Nicely). On Wednesday received a letter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• My favorite one was "Tell me about your self"   1 Answer