Tellabs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tellabs Interview Questions

2.8

S/W Engineer Interview

Interview

Not hard. Average interview. Talkabout your resume mostly. So, brush up on your resume and you will be good hopefully. Be prepared to know what you are talking about. Also, any challenges you faced in your job and how you overcame them.

Order Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tellabs (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Great round table interview with all the key decision makers but it took them 3 months to get back to me with an offer. From then on, I internally interviewed & those always went well
    & quick

Interview Questions

• Provide specific example of how I'd handle X problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was quick & offered was signed within 3 days & I started 2 wks later.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tellabs in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process was professional but informal and friendly. Decision making was reasonable from time of contact.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tellabs.

Interview

Phone interview, On-site Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tellabs.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First one was from manager, she asked me some basic java questions, like what version of java i use most, what IDE i was using. Second one was from everyone of that team, some test on java and what i would do if countering a problem ive never seen before.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions about java, and at that time i didn't have very deep understanding about it.   Answer Question

People there are very nice, but I have some other pending offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tellabs (Columbus, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Phase 1: Contacted by recruiter to see if I was interested and I may be a good fit.
    Phase 2: Contacted by project manager for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions only on previous schooling and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay a pretty good wage but, they may wiggle a little bit

Organization Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tellabs (Bolingbrook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by HR recruiter, then by Sr Mg of the unit, then by the hiring manager. Lots of questions about role, expectations, dynamics changing within the company which generate the need for a position. There were several back and forths including a long discussion about their proposed compensation which was nominally higher than the very-low salary I had received within a public university. That was resolved with a small one-year bonus which was eavluated at the end of that year. I always appreciated their flexibility, because without that little bit of money, I might not have come on board, and it was a great fit.

Interview Questions

• How much do you need to work for us?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tellabs (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

If you can answer 50% of the questions you are in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none offered

Networking Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tellabs (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview which covered L2,L3 protocols(Routing,Switching).
     After a week was informed tht they want to get me onsite for a panel interview.
     5 ppl frm a team interviewed me. Questions were based on Networking fundamentals:
    1)Abt Perl
    2)STP
    3)RSTP
    4)VLANs
    5)IGMP Protocol
    6)Windowing
    7)Adjacency formation in OSPF

Difficulty level was moderate.
    Good people and enjoyed the interviewing process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tellabs (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Three people interviewed me(all techies). Questions about OS(process, threading), C Programing and also was asked to solve some puzzles. They went in depth for all the questions and was asked to write programs with syntax (just the pseudo code was not accepted).

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain my project in detail and write C code to improve the existing code. This went for around 1.5 hrs   Answer Question