Tencent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tencent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

Interview

try to answer the question the interviewers ask and be sensitive, polite and intelligent. in appropriate time, demonstrate your programming ability and your leadership. sometimes, you can challenge the interviewer's perspective.

Interview Questions

• from which university did you graduate? what working experiences do you have?   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tencent (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Good interview. I interviewed with 2 interviewers onsite and they are quite friendly. The workplace is quite nice and cool. There is no follow up after the interview as mentioned in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the H1B new policy will have effect on our company?   1 Answer

Investments Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tencent (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiter rescheduled my interview and they seems to mess up the schedule a little bit, so all interviews run late and all candidates bump each other at the lobby. Many of us come from the same school so it is a little bit wired. The process is pretty straight forward, self intro, background check and culture fit match.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tencent in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter reached out to me shortly after. I did a test. Then, there was another interview (more technical). Then, one more interview, talking about working environment and more general things.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Introduce myself, talk about the projects I did in the past, and ask some basic questions about Java and algorithms. Introduce what this Intern will do and where I will work, and the salaries.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tencent in March 2016.

Interview

firstly, it needs to sign up online to fill some personal information, then candidate will receive an online test that should be finished in 60mins.
    The 1st interview is a technical round
    The 2nd interview asked me some career planning and the feeling of working overtime.
    The final interview discussed the the payment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tencent (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me within 2 days. We set up a phone screen and it went well. The recruiter was very friendly and helpful, and kept me updated with the process. However, a week later I heard back that Tencent China was looking for someone with more experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a casual initial interview. I was asked about my background, why I was interested in Tencent. I was interested in and why. Other questions about the role, the company, the work environment and culture, and the interview process. The interviewer was friendly and seemed interested in me personally, which always makes me want to work for the company after the internship.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tencent in February 2015.

Interview

1 interview over the phone, which led to a series of emails between different managers. Eventually led to another phone interview. Then offer. In general the interview was pretty easy. The interviewer asked only behavioral questions and asked why I wanted to work at Tencent. He also asked if I was open to working in China.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 weeks, 5 round tech interviews, i was on the campus interview process. one of the problems is Given a n-by-n matrix, each cell has a value of either 0 or 1. A cell indicates a wall if its value is 1. give the length of the shortest path from M[0][0] to M[n-1][n-1]. You can move either up, down, left or right.