Terracon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Terracon (Midland, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Set up interview through email, showed up had to wait a few minutes for supervisor to come out for me. Went in his office asked me a few basic questions and left.

Environmental Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Terracon (Greenville, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I went into the office and interviewed with three supervisors. They asked a series of questions and allowed me to describe how I might be an asset to their company

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would benefit this company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still ongoing

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terracon (College Station, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Detailed the scope of work for the College Station, TX office meet with office personal and field personal describe the work they do in that region of Texas and that most of work was in connection with Texas A&M University and the surrounding community.

Interview Questions

• what do I think of the opportunity   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Interview

Short phone screen - pretty much a Recruiter with no agency experience asking softball questions to an experienced agency recruiter and corporate TA manager of the largest private company in the area. Said I wouldn't be qualified for the a Senior role (I'm a manager of 10+ technical TA team) but would ask the manager about a Entry-Mid level recruiter role. Also spoke about how hard recruiting at Terracon is in great lengths, but it would seem to be fairly easy reqs - but just poor brand/talent management. Never received feedback. Seems like a weak talent group overall

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terracon (Sioux City, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

Second interview one was more relaxed and easy going. He knew already that he has a position open and he knew of me from the people who first interviewed me. This position suited me more than the first interview. He was able to read me and talked to me about opportunities and where he thinks he can get me to be. Very motivating person.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terracon (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first consisted of meeting with the hiring entity and they introduced me to some staff members and provided a tour. The second interview was with a group of managers and execs who asked questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multi-tasking different projects at the same time?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gallup, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Terracon (Gallup, NM) in November 2015.

Interview

As the result of one experience, it is evident that the present Recruiting process and Internal Talent Management procedure is not aligned to the vision, goals and objectives of the organization.

Interview Questions

• 1) Initial resume posting on the career portal did not generate a reply. Although common throughout many Talent management professionals, this employee owned company did not get to be a leader by doing what others do. They made a difference. Hence, spend 10 - 15 seconds per candidate and provide a status indicator, or loose the interest of candidates to the competition. Interesting approach from a non-HR/Talent Mgmt C level? Circles of Innovation.
      2) The published Job description, does not reflect the actual position. The title was selected as a "calmer" title to release the allure that comes from the term "Engineer", albeit two job functions that are completely different. Maybe we should ask Project Managers to assess core soil samples at a building site. Equally, it will be interesting to see how a KPI or modified change impacting two of the three PM constraints will be addressed.

With all respect, this is one area that would certainly raise red flags. It is the hope that leadership resolved the issue, for if it occurs once, where / what else is occurring that may increase productivity, reduce expense and increase profits ? Although never employed by this firm, actual assessment experience conducted the CEB opened many avenues to shore up opportunities, and becomes a better company.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Terracon.

Interview

My interview was fairly easy as they needed to fill the positions quick. Interview was pretty laid back. Went to office to interview with supervisor and department manager. I was given a tour of the area and met a few people that were in the office. When I was given the offer, I then just had to take a drug test and wait for the background check to come back and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability and comfort level with public speaking and communication with clients.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terracon.

Interview

I got an interview by emailing the office manager. He gave me the materials department manager contact info. I emailed him and he eventually called me to set up an interview. I wasn't really asked many questions, it was pretty much just the department manager explaining the benefits of the position and telling me the next steps in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in this field?   3 Answers

Environmental Scientist Interview

Interview

Brief. It seemed very rushed. Poor post-interview communication. It was unclear to the team exactly what is was that they needed. Overall, did not feel very thorough. Not the type of interview that one can prepare for beforehand beyond the basics.

Interview Questions

• Asked for example of difficult situations in previous positions.   Answer Question