Terracon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terracon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2018

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terracon.

Interview

The hiring process took about a week. I went in for my interview and got a offer the next day. The interview overall was pretty relaxed. Afterwards I was given a tour around the office.

Interview Questions

Terracon Response

May 2, 2018 – Western Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review of the Terracon interview process. We read each and every review and listen to your comments. Terracon is a company that prides itself on our employment process, and we... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terracon.

Interview

Laid back conversation where they described the position and talked more about what Terracon does and what kind of future development you would have. Be prepared to show your interest and ask questions.

Interview Questions

Terracon Response

May 2, 2018 – Western Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review of the Terracon interview process. Terracon is a company that prides itself on our employment and interview process.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terracon (Denver, CO).

Interview

Business Casual. One on one interview in conference room. No "typical" interview questions were asked, only those of experience. It was casual, but very professional. Not a difficult interview, if prepared.

Interview Questions

• Basic experience questions.   1 Answer

Apr 12, 2018 – Western Recruiting Manager

As a company we strive to provide a professional candidate experience. Thank you for sharing your interview experience with the Glassdoor community.

Field Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terracon (Tustin, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

This is a three to one interview with the office manager, the environmental department manager, and a senior environmental scientist. The process is relaxing with each of them coming up with questions from different aspects including driving, writing, hobbies, backgrounds, etc. Two weeks after the on-site interview, I was invited to a lunch with the senior environmental scientist to chat in a more relaxing situation.

Interview Questions

Terracon Response

Apr 12, 2018 – Western Recruiting Manager

It's good to hear that we have consistent and positive candidate interview processes company wide. Thank you for sharing your candidate experience with the Glassdoor community.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terracon.

Interview

Like many other jobs nowadays, your application is scored based on your answers and you're lucky to score high enough, then you'll be considered. Applications are screened that way so even if you have experience, if you didn't score high enough chances are no human being will ever see your resume.

Interview Questions

• Can you do basic math? Are you okay with physical labor? Good communication? Clean and detail oriented? Able to work any shift (12am, 3am, 6am, 6pm, etc)?   1 Answer

Materials Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terracon.

Interview

Interview was more of a conversation that kept me wondering how I did in the end. There was no questions, and I had to direct the entire interview. Brought lots of projects and technical reports I had previously made

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terracon (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

They met with me and asked me a bunch of questions that I was supposed to answer. I answered them and then they kept talking for a while and I think they offered me a glass of water at some point but I'm not exactly sure.

Interview Questions

• Did you find the place alright?   1 Answer

Field Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terracon in April 2017.

Interview

Job was posted on Monday, I applied on Tuesday, office manager called me to schedule an interview on that Friday. Interview was a 3-on-1 meeting in the conference room with department and office managers. The conversation was lighthearted and friendly, the questions were straightforward and predictable. The whole thing lasted 55 minutes.

Client Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Terracon (Orange, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews. Although intense, the experience was positive, pleasant, and professional. An internal company, recruiter was involved fin the beginning. He guided my through the process and was always available to answer questions and prepare new for the next steps. During the negotiating phase he was open, honest, and fair. The hiring manager (my new boss!) was involved in each interview, making sure I was comfortable and shepherding me through the gauntlet. Overall the best interview and hiring process I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• How do you get technical professionals involved in business development   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Terracon (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick phone screen and one on one. Plus a second final one on one. A panel of three decision makers were in the room, the conversation was light but professional, the questions were standard not technical.

Interview Questions

• What benefits would you bring to the team?   1 Answer