Texas State Optical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

1.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas State Optical

Optician Interview

Interview

Submit an application online, they'll call you to come in for an interview. Easy interview, bring resume and talk a lot about yourself. It was an easy process, very simple and to the point.

Front Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas State Optical (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through indeed, recieved a call for an interview, went in the next day was interviewed a couple of weeks later recieved a call and was given an offer

Interview

interview is easy since job if for entry level position. Talked to the hiring doctor about what was expected and how they wanted to grow their business. Also spoke about my future goals i had in my career and in my personal life.

Negotiation

started the next day.

Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockhart, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas State Optical (Lockhart, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied to Lockhart location. While the staff was incredibly sweet and lovable I couldn't help but feel frustrated by the employer/owner. Posting for position was found on Craigslist and response to application was very quick. The first interview was a week and a half after initial email response. The first interview offended me in that the owner was unprepared to conduct it; he told us he was running late to take his son to practice and didn't even know why he scheduled interviews thus he was going to do a rushed group interview.
      The second interview was more professional but was also done in group. This one was much better in that we were allowed to express ourselves but were asked the same questions so it was awkward to respond after another person. I inquired about the pay-level and work schedule as I was hoping to find if I could support myself on just this position and my inquiries were repeatedly brushed off.
      The third was an unpaid, working-interview scheduled an additional 3 weeks later whereby I was instructed to ask my own questions and observe only. I attempted to gain as much information from the employees about the business and also learn as much as possible but it was a slow day and without any guidance from the office manager I couldn't help but feel as though my time there was useless. I was told a final decision would be made at the end of the week and I would be contacted (this was a Wednesday). I waited until the following Wednesday with still no contact response so I emailed and phoned. When I called I was greeted by my competitors voice assuring me the position I inquired about had been filled; still I requested the office manager return my call. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that the office manager responded via email to let me know they decided not to hire anyone after all. I felt offended as though all the time I put into interviewing, taking off work and earnestly preparing to take on a position there was moot --as if my time meant nothing. While I can appreciate the hiring process, a business that prides themselves on small-town congeniality could probably do better to convey that towards their potential hires.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think make a good manager (right after the question was answered by a competitor).   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas State Optical (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call requesting an interview. I met with the person on several dinner interviews, and even provided some side work. He made a reasonable offer with a range that would have allowed me to leave my current employer. He later retracted the offer with no explanation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The employer did provide reasonable negotiation room; however, he did withdraw the offer a day after making it for unspecified reasons. I declined another offer, so it was not a pleasant experience.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas State Optical (South Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the doctor. He was awesome. The now office manager said I got the position because I was pretty. Also she thought I was a threat to the old office manager and could satnd up for her and myself