Textron Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Textron Aviation Interview Questions

Interviews at Textron Aviation

2.6

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Textron Aviation in February 2019.

Interview

Textron came to my senior class and did a small informational presentation of the company. I was interested so I went to the formal information session that night and talked to one of the employees. She was extremely nice and recommended to come to the career fair and talk to her. I went to my school’s career fair and I was offered an interview.

It was great, it didn’t really feel like a interview. I was very comfortable speaking to my interviewer. Just asked about 5 basic behavioral questions.
    I have a ok GPA, working full time hours limit my study time. However, she was very interested in my work experience even if it wasn’t engineering related and My ability to talk to customers and my work ethic.
    At the end of course I asked a lot of questions to her. 4 days later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Textron Aviation.

Interview

The process was quite simple. There were no questions that were not typical and the phone screen was a few people on a the same call with you. Regular phone screen, followed by a 1 on 1 and then a offer. However they really draw out the process when it can be done much more quickly. It felt as if they forgot about you but in fact they did not.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Textron Aviation (Knoxville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to Textron at my college's engineering career fair, and got an interview for the next day. They were running a little late when I got there, so I had to wait a bit. The actual interview was fairly long, 45 minutes or so, and fairly intense. They had one icebreaker question but then went deep into my experiences, strengths, and weaknesses. It seemed to go well, and overall the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a team project you've worked on and your role on the team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you faced adversity and how did you learn from that.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Textron Aviation (Wichita, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

You first get a call from an HR rep where they ask personally type questions. If you make it past them you get to speak with a department manager for a more technical interview and an overview of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions based off of school related topics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Textron Aviation (Ames, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a campus interview. I applied and they called me asking if I would like to interview. The interviewer seemed very interested and excited. Unfortunately, I followed up multiple times over the next couple months, and they never responded with anything to me. I lost a lot of respect for Textron.

Interview Questions

• He asked what one of my main campus leadership positions entailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Textron Aviation (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

After visiting with recruiters at the university job fair, I applied online to various positions throughout the company. I then received a phone call asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately twenty minutes. After the interview I was emailed the offer to review and determine if I was going to accept it or not. Overall the process was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have in the planning and purchasing role? How are you with interacting with others from outside vendors? Typical single answer questions about experience and school work.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Textron Aviation in September 2015.

Interview

I visited them in the Career Fair organized by my University, they gave me an interview appointment for the next day. A week after that, I got an email asking me for a second interview but now with the manager of the group I was going to be working with, it was a phone interview. An HR employee called me 4 days later to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?/What is the purpose of your research? (previous job)/Tell me about a time when you needed to use your 'problem-solving skills'?/ Do you have any questions for me, questions about the company?/   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Textron Aviation in February 2014.

Interview

A few behavioral interviews were held with HR, a hiring manager, and a functional manager. No technical questions at all. Incredibly easy interview process if you've ever done any interviews before.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given a take-it-or-leave-it offer.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Textron Aviation (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

There were recruiters who had me interview on campus when they were visiting for the career fair. I interviewed with two employees and then had a second round of interviews via Skype with the team manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about moving to Wichita, KS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for intern position.

Materials Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Textron Aviation (Wichita, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

They called to display their interest in me and scheduled a phone interview for a later date.
    Phone interview went well and was very informative. Next was a face to face, which also went well, and lead to a job offer in the same sitting.

Interview Questions

• A time where your opinion differed from a person in charge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating. I was pleased with the job offer they presented, so I accepted