Thames Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thames Water Interview Questions

Interviews at Thames Water

2.9

FP&A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water.

Interview

Was invited to 1st and 2nd stage interviews. After the final interview, Thames Water told me they were now considering an internal candidate who had expressed interest in the role. This was AFTER I had gone through a 2 stage interview process with them.

After nearly 2 weeks' wait I was informed that I was unsuccessful. The internal candidate was offered the job.

Teams Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Lengthy with a heavy focus on one to one interviews cognitive testing under tined conditions as well as job specific role plays which in my opinion at least were a little stilted and did little to prepare for the actual role

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

I was interviewed online by two members staff, one who headed up this team (hiring manager) and another who was involved in the creation of the new ‘event management’ strategy.

I had a two hour teams interview, which included three key stages. The first stage involved me presenting “what incident management meant to me”. The second stage had competency based questions and the third involved completing a meeting agenda for managing a crisis scenario- designed, I believe, for the candidate to demonstrate their experience of managing an operational incident.

After completing the interview process, the hiring manager informed me that I would hear within a week. This was well over two months ago. Three chase emails have been sent to Thames’ HR and no answers given. In the end- I withdrew my application and accepted a job elsewhere. Disappointing that even a courtesy “no” wasn’t given- rather, they just re-advertised the role.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water.

Interview

Attended a video interview and never heard back from them!

The interview itself was pleasant. First an Excel and Access test, followed by a face to face with the hiring manager and a promise to hear back by the following week

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was quite unstructured and the questions were vague. They jumped around between my CV then a random question on something completely unrelated. I found that it was difficult to follow. I also did not get any feedback at all which is highly unusual so I will assume I did not get the job!

Capacity Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2020.

Interview

There wasn't much structure to the interview, though I built a good rapport and got on well with the interviewers, the process as a whole wasn't great.

I reached out to recruitment ahead of time, to ask about structure, how the interview would go. If it was competency based or skill based. If there are any values or processes within the company I should be aware of. I got no reply. Despite chasing.

Interview Questions

• How would I approach building a capacity plan for a new business area.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online for the role and was contacted within a week or inviting me to a telephone interview. I received a lot of help and guidance from HR who told me I would be absolutely fine in the interview and the answers I gave would be what they are looking for. I did lots of research and learnt about the values which you will need to know.

They invited me to the assessment centre - the Swindon office.

When I arrived the reception had no idea there were any interviews that evening.
    The interview was due to start at 5.15 but everyone seemed to be unsure of what they were doing - this was put down to 2 people dropping out, out of 9 who were invited.
    The first part was a welcome and presentation which lasted about 10 minutes. Then we were split in half with one group off to another room.
    My group had the group activity first where you are given the scenario of being stuck in a rainforest following a plane crash and can only take 7 items. Your made to discuss this with your group then present back.
    The second part was a written exercise where you are asked to write a reply to a customer who has had a bad experience.
    Then you swap over with the second group. You are given a scenario to read for 10 minutes then you have to answer the phone to one of the hiring managers who role play a customer.
    The last part was a 1:1 interview where you are asked competency questions based on their values.

Overall I felt very prepared for the interview and HR were very supportive but the interview itself was quite extreme for the job itself, especially not coming from a telephone customer service background or working with a company such as Thames.

HR got back to me within 2 days to say that I was unsuccessful and gave me feedback but I had enough points on my interview to be offered the position, so they were going to try and contest it but I still haven’t heard back a few weeks on which is disappointing.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thames Water (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application followed by brief call with recruiter.
    Had to pull out due to sickness but company offered alternative and were keen to interview. Was not able to attend due to illnese but gave a positive experience

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water in February 2020.

Interview

Tests weren't too difficult and all video interview questions were competency based. As long as you do your research and use the STAR approach you should be pretty comfortable in sailing through the application process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you apply for this role?
      Q:Describe a time you challenged sometimes way of thinking?   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Thames Water in November 2019.

Interview

3 stages

Group interview
    Telephone test
    Face to face

Only two others came

There was a stranded in the jungle scenario after a plane crash, we had to answer which items we keep. We were advised to be confident but not too confident, don't overpower others and include the quiet ones.

The telephone interview was a bit weird because the case study bill is only an estimate (which everyone knows before they even manage to attend the interview)so after it is established to be an estimate that is it really.

Face to face was competency based.