The Andersons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Andersons

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logansport, IN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Andersons (Logansport, IN) in February 2019.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position initially. After seeing my resume, I had an introductory phone interview with the lab manager and HR followed by an on site interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Andersons in January 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with HR. This was the second time I interviewed so most were just talking about what I was doing in my current role and why I'd be an asset for the new position.

Interview Questions

• All General experience questions. Broken up into 3 different groups of interviewers. Mainly talking about my current role, how I'd bring value and your general HR "give me an example of" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Very competitive pay.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kearney, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Andersons (Kearney, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

Vary laid back, it took no more than ten minutes. They just asked a few basic questions and how familiar I was to the grain (corn) industry. They asked what accounting classes I had completed and how close I was to graduating. They said It doesn't really matter where you are with classes, because they don't use textbook accounting and you will just receive on the job training.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you to the grain (corn) industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they just said what the intern wage was.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Andersons (Maumee, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application with a series of quick questions, uploading your resume, about a fifteen to 20 minute questionnaire, it is a very easy process always allowing you to preview your information and move forward. The online application allows you to log back in check progress and is very informative and clear about the job description and requirements.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temperance, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Andersons (Temperance, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the owner of the business. (This is a 5 person business.) Then was invited to interview with the manager and the other employees. It is located in the country in Temperance, Mi, and sort of difficult to find. The interview was about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how much experience I had working with a team, and to give an example of it.   1 Answer
    • They asked me how I would feel waiting for answers from employers for days and days at a time.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Interview

The interview went really smoothly. The recruiters where very nice and communicated with you both by phone and email. After the interview with the recruiter there was an in person with the manager which I felt was very personal to get you meet your direct supervisor.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at The Andersons (Maumee, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Round 1 was a brief phone interview, round 2 was a 4 hour onsite interview with 8 different people (2 at a time), round 3 was another phone interview almost 4 weeks later. Very lengthy lag between steps and was ultimately rejected with an apology for delay, but little/no feedback. Time frame from application to rejection was almost 8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what the one thing was that "ticks me off" in my job/role?   1 Answer

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Andersons (Maumee, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got a call within a few days. I scheduled an interview for the next day. I brought my resume with me and was interviewed for the position as a produce associate by the manager. I was hired on the spot and started working for The Anderson very shortly.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Andersons (Maumee, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

It was quick and succinct, very respectful, straightforward. Wanted to know work experience and how it related. Asked about previous management experience. Let me know about what holes were in their current system and inquired about listed skills on my resume that could fill those holes.

Interview Questions

• Career view, life goals, life balance, examples of previous work and excellent work.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Andersons (Maumee, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on line. I was called about two weeks after submitting my application. I met with two managers. They were mostly interested in knowing which position I would be most interested in filling. They asked some general questions to gauge my experience with customer service

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. The interview was conducted more like a conversation. The two managers were super friendly and spent time educating me about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.