The Arc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.5

DSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Arc (New York, NY).

Interview

Go into HR for first interview then go to the house supervisor for second , fingerprints and physical needed. The process takes about a good month because it takes so long to get fingerprinted and for them to put the paperwork in

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuckerton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Arc (Tuckerton, NJ).

Interview

I submitted my resume, cover letter and the application online. Two weeks later I got a call from the HR department telling me I had an interview at one of their job fairs, they gave me the wrong address and I had to find the place myself. Once I was at the building I was given a paper to fill out and told to wait in a room with around 9 other individuals. One at a time we were called into for the first part of the interview process which was just general work experience and life experience questions. Then I was sent back to sit in the other room to wait for the second part. I was actually interviewed by my current manager at the arc. Questions about ethics, prior experience and common sense were asked by my hiring manager. In the room were two other managers who werected there to watch the interview. Everyone was very pleasant and did not make you feel anxious or nervousomething while speaking to them. I was told that someone would call me in about 2 weeks to let me know. I received a call from HR offering me a position and I've been with the Arc since.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with the disabled community?   Answer Question
    • If a coworker were to take a CD from a resident and say they just wanted to borrow it and promised to bring it back what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you think you can do all the requirements of direct support? Hygiene needs? Medical needs?   Answer Question

Direct Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Arc (Warren, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on indeed. The lady called back within two days. Small interview on phone. Scheduled in person interview, interview went pretty good. Gathered some papers up and now waiting for background check to go through (of course it will go great) Excited to hear from whomever

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Adults, Children, Infants , Autism, bipolar disorder....etc   Answer Question

Employment Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Arc (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a comfortable experience. The interviewer was skillful and relaxed, which made it a non-threatening behavioral interview. I was shown around the facility. and introduced to clients and coworkers. Discussed organizational history and projections for future growth.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: What about The Arc attracts you? Describe your strengths/ weaknesses? Describe a difficult situation at your former or present job, and what did you do? Are you flexible? Describe your work style. Do you understand 'other duties as required' and are you ok with that?   Answer Question

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Arc (Bethlehem, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, First interview, second interview with Exec. Director and board Treasurer. The phone screen was with the HR Director who asked basic questions about skills and background. First interview was with the HR director again, Exec. director and Current Director of Finance. Asked about non profit experience, skills, how many ppl. you have managed, why are you interested in the company; took me on a tour of the facility and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• If selected for this position , when could you start?   1 Answer

Marketing and Fundraising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oneida, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Arc (Oneida, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume online through indeed.com, I was called for an interview at the Oneida office. I was asked to bring with me a list of fundraising and marketing ideas for the organization. I spent a good deal of time researching specific ideas and printing materials from online sources that would help them implement content marketing for a non-profit.

The interview itself was very pleasant. The marketing director impressed me as a caring authentic person who truly has a heart for the Arc's mission.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume.   1 Answer

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Arc (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Good interview, predictable questions, good impression of supervisors. I could tell they were very interested in my commitment to their mission, which stood out to me in a good way.

Project Search Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Arc (Asheville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Two interviews on in person with the assistant and regional directors of The Arc and then a second group interview with stakeholder in the Project Search collaboration. Both interviews were relaxed but asked me to draw specifically from personal and professional experiences.

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crown Point, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Arc (Crown Point, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

She basically called me in, I did some paper work and I got hired. Se didn't ask many questions at all. She was in a hurry to get all my paper work in and done before training.

Payroll Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Arc (Fresno, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Kinda intimidating. I am use to one person interviewing for the position not two people questioning you. And i find it difficult to understand the hr lady. Really thick accent and had to ask her to repeat herself. I dont know if that frustrated her but she seemed a bit snippy.

Interview Questions

• Background questions. Basic interview. The only thing is i was unaware of what the arc meant. So to me it was weird being asked about how i feel around people who have disabilities. I also that was strange because i understand the role in which want to fill but it seems as admin would really have to much interactions with the disability. If said yes I do which i wonder how many people have lied would i have gotten a call back?   1 Answer
    • About gaps in employment. Which i understand but there are some gaps you wish not to talk about.   1 Answer