The Asia Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Asia Foundation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Asia Foundation (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was thorough: telephone then in person with HR (two people), then four others in person, one at a time. There is no way that I could have prepared other than to know my past work and my application materials inside out, know the organization well, and to have a sense of humor and ease about the process. Each person's perspective and set of questions was very different; agility was important to the process as it is in my job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being overqualified for the job?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Asia Foundation (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

In the interview, you will know that they are not interested in you. From the start, they only talk about TAF, so I agree from the other review made earlier that the managers need to be replaced because even the Senior Director who is supposed to be the leader of the group interviewing did not even show that he knew the protocol of a decent review- didn't introduce himself- nor shake your hands before and after the interview. The first thing he said was totally a discouraging comment that your qualifications are so..... Therefore, during the interview process, you felt so discouraged to even continue talking and so with the other employees. It showed that the interview is so political and you better be a Chinese to be accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself because I did not bring your CV and I already read everything about you. Also, your qualifications don't really match because we need someone very passionate about the job.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress- with a big laugh?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Asia Foundation (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

initial contact and application process was very smooth, with an hr generalist to assist the process. applied online, got a call for an initial interview with some lower level associates, with your usual nonprofit interview questions. everyone was very professional. got called for a 2nd interview, with a couple mid level managers, 1 on 1 with 3 directors. Response from the 2nd interview took a while to get back, and eventually not offered the position. I contacted one of the directors, who had given me her business card (and had told me to contact her if I had any questions during the entire process). I contacted via phone and email, to which I got no response. Very unprofessional. A simple question of why I wasn't the one chosen for the position, which many orgs have offered me in great detail.

Interview Questions

• basic interpersonal questions, background of how your experience fits the job...   Answer Question

English Language Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Asia Foundation (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in December 2015.

Interview

it was around 12 pm that i got a call and was told that you have an interview at 1pm at the main branch of Asia Foundation.
    when i got there,i saw that there were almost 9 other people waiting for their turn.
    finally, my turn came, when i got into the interview room, so there were four persons sitting in the interview panel to me.
    we had our introduction to each other and after that i was asked a few technical questions by all the interview panel members

Interview Questions

• how to keep the maintenance of the Students   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Asia Foundation (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in April 2013.

Interview

All candidates were interviewed and selection was based on merit. More focus was on Technical Knowledge of the candidate. Past Experience was a plus point for those who has been for around 4-5 years in industry.

Interview Questions

• What are programming languages you are well versed at ?   1 Answer

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Asia Foundation (Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial communication by email with a newly opened job description, followed by an unofficial meeting with the program director requested by me. after an official application for the job from my side, they requested a salary history form. Then official interview was held with 3 people. Then came letter of offer with my my last salary almost unchanged and I accepted the offer as the job itself seemed appealing.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was if I knew or had experience of working with standards. This wasn't really my area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. later I learnt that other people negotiated and got an increased salary straightaway. I would suggest to always negotiate and ask for an increase.