The Bridgespan Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Bridgespan Group

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

1 behavioral interview, very casual.
    2 technical case studies, each lasting about an hour. Typical consulting case interview but need to know non-profit concepts. Their website has very useful info in order to prep for these.

Interview Questions

• How will you skill set add value and uniqueness to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews - I did not advance past the first round, but one of my interviewers called to offer specific feedback, which was much appreciated. The first round consisted of two separate case interviews over the phone, one with a manager and the other with a consultant hired post-MBA. Both were friendly, but one was more encouraging throughout the case whereas the other was very neutral and difficult to gauge. My advice would be to remain confident and energetic even if your responses are not met with enthusiasm; they're looking for candidates that are able to "drive the conversation."

Both started directly with the case without any behavioral questions, but there were about 10 minutes at the end to ask more personal questions about the organization and the interviewers. Before the interview they provide somewhat helpful case prep materials on their website, but it was difficult to find several practice cases to run through.

Interview Questions

• After calculating a school's cost per student, what do you think about the answer you found?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group in October 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews in a week and was invited to final round interviews in the office. Final rounds are a traditional management consulting case, a case with data on your own to present, and then a behavioral interview. All cases have a non-profit twist and are usually based on Bridgespan's past engagements.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question for both first round interviews was basically why Bridgespan, every other interview was a case interview. The hardest interview is perhaps the case where they give you 20 minutes to sift through data and slides to make a recommendation because of time and multitude of questions interviewer can have.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group.

Interview

Starts with an online resume and cover letter drop. They read the cover letters very carefully. Next is two phone interviews, which are mostly case interviews. Finally, there is an in-person, which is mostly case interviews with some fit interviews. The entire process is very supportive and transparent. The website has some helpful tips and sample cases.

Interview Questions

• Case interview questions. Same structure as Bain/McKinsey/BCG   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group in November 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round by phone, second round in person. Combination of cases and fit questions. The process felt professional but friendly. Great opportunity to "show your stuff" intellectually - not much room to learn about the company or to share much about yourself until the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial screening was followed by two phone interviews, then an in-person office visit consisting of two case studies and one fit interview. As far as I know, the case studies were fairly standard, drawing on previous experience of the firm. This was my first time interviewing for a consulting job and thus I was initially intimidated, but interviewers were friendly, articulate, and helpful. I had positive interactions with everyone who evaluated me, and although I did not get the job, I enjoyed my conversations and case studies. As far as I can tell, they're pretty keen on having prior consulting experience, so that they know you can be put in front of a client on day one.

Interview Questions

• At the end of one case study requiring a recommendation between two options, the interviewer informed me that the the client was set on the option I had not recommended, and I was asked how I would handle that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews with a heavy emphasis on case interviews. First round is 2 case interviews, typical consulting case interviews with a nonprofit twist. The second round is on-site and involves another 2 case interviews + 1 fit interview, all with Manager level employees.

I recommend practicing as much as possible for the cases, similar standards to if you were applying to Bain. They want to see a demonstrated commitment to the social sector, but that alone won't set you apart from the high caliber of applicants.

Interview Questions

• Read the following information and prepare a proposal for how our client should approach focusing their work on the options presented.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Email response from Human Resources the same day I applied online. Brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview with another Executive Assistant and the Office Manager. Same day as the in-person interview, Human Resources followed up with an email asking my impressions of the meetings. After 6 days of no response, I followed up with an email asking the status and immediately received a response saying it was the beginning of the process and there would be more to share within 2 weeks and suggesting I keep contact with any questions. Just over two weeks later I contacted Human Resources again and as of this date, exactly a month later, I still haven't heard anything. While I understand not everyone will be the right fit for a position and no one is entitled to a job just because they're interested in it, it is the worst kind of public relations to treat people so shabbily.

Interview Questions

• Most of the process was telling me about the company. At various points the interviewers mentioned they were talking too much. I did ask about the office culture and was told it wasn't a mean girls club.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Good process - easily contacated and - HR department runs smoothly - Not a long period - nice experience. Easily identifyed if as an applicant I had the qualifications needed to do the job for which the company is hiring

Interview Questions

• What can you provide to the institution?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

First round phone interview was two one hour cases. The interviewers were quite nice and professional but not much behavioral questions - they moved quickly into the cases. Overall, I really appreciated the professionalism but tough to find good practice cases. They have one or two on their website, which are helpful but not enough. Traditional cases are different enough to where they can only go so far.

Interview Questions

• Two cases were not extremely difficult individually (no difficult math or market sizing) but it was a steady stream of "how would you go about finding/prioritizing this or that"   Answer Question