The Conference Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Conference Board Interview Questions

2.9

Membership Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

This position is a little more (but not by much) than a customer service/sales support position, but the company interviews as though it was a managerial/executive director position. I had to do online research on a company they wanted to approach and the skills evaluation included a PowerPoint presentation I had to create that would be used to introduce The Conference Board to an executive who might not know the product. I met with 8 people in total through the whole process, which took two weeks. If you're OK with doing what amounts to free work that you would be paid for as a consultant, this is the interview of your dreams. If not, I would think twice about applying for this position. I had to pull apart spreadsheets and do hours of analysis for the PowerPoint presentation which basically solved a problem for them - if not in this instance, then somewhere down the road. Consultants bill (and get paid for) that kind of problem-solving. The people I interviewed with were nice, but it doesn't take 8 people to make this kind of decision. All in all, it was a time waste for me that I wouldn't do again, or advise anybody else to do, either.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process happened in three rounds with senior management staff and a colleague who is working on the project for which they hired me. The process went well. All the questions were relatively easy, the panel wasn't intimating at all, over the phone. Staff was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a personal failure and how you handled it?

How would you handle data gathering and processing?

What databases would you use for analyzing development and productivity trends?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Conference Board.

Interview

First interview was a conversation concerning fit with an economist. Second conversation was with someone in councils, discussing a case study about some foundation. The entire process took an hour.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the position, and initially had a phone interview with a few current employees. They asked typical questions (mostly behavioral). Make sure that you have knowledge of The Conference Board and the research, and you will be fine. After that was a day-long interview with a number of current employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in the research?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Interview

There are three interview components. The first one was an behavioral interview. Next, they asked me to do a Raven test. At the last, a case interview was followed. Time interval between these three phases is about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of your previous interview with the conference board.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 6 interviews. Most of them were unfocused more about fitting in than about identifying needed skills to fix failures. Not very structured, got the impression that they wanted a body, irrespective of the situation.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a role what is defined but likely to change?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told what was, no room for shaping a workable situation

Director of Associate Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact via phone by very old fashion head hunter.
    SVP of US development interviewed me in person for 1 1/2 hours (this was suppose to be a 30 minute meet and greet) good sign.

Formal interviews in the NY offices 7 one hour interviews with senior leaders from various departments (including Economics).

Interview Questions

• With your experience, why work at TCB?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated for larger base salary-no funding available
    Budget cuts, hiring freeze

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Typing test, gramma test, computer skills test, all these started the process. Only 2 stages: HR and Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you value in work environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Director of Associate Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter who sent me to the company website to learn about the organization to determine interest.
    I was asked to provide a detailed recap of my performance for the previous 15 years of employment.
    Telephone interview with the Senior VP which was detailed and lasted approximately an hour and forty-five minutes.
    Received a call from SVP in a couple of weeks to come to the headquarters in NYC for additional interviewing.
    In NYC, interviewed with seven senior level executives in different departments including the President.
    Received an offer in couple of weeks and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to join our organization during one of the most difficult times in U.S. history?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated for more of base salary, but was turned down. Reason given was economic situation.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Conference Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Two interviews and a test. The first interview was with a senior staff member and a hiring manager. They were interested in personality and experience. The second interview was more technical, and was with 3 senior staff members (Directors etc). At the end of the second interview I was asked to write an essay/test.

Interviewers were very nice. However, it took while before they got back to me with their decision (3-4 weeks).