The Conference Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process happened in three rounds with senior management staff and a colleague who is working on the project for which they hired me. The process went well. All the questions were relatively easy, the panel wasn't intimating at all, over the phone. Staff was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a personal failure and how you handled it?

How would you handle data gathering and processing?

What databases would you use for analyzing development and productivity trends?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Conference Board.

Interview

First interview was a conversation concerning fit with an economist. Second conversation was with someone in councils, discussing a case study about some foundation. The entire process took an hour.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the position, and initially had a phone interview with a few current employees. They asked typical questions (mostly behavioral). Make sure that you have knowledge of The Conference Board and the research, and you will be fine. After that was a day-long interview with a number of current employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in the research?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Interview

There are three interview components. The first one was an behavioral interview. Next, they asked me to do a Raven test. At the last, a case interview was followed. Time interval between these three phases is about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of your previous interview with the conference board.   Answer Question

Director Alliance Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Conference Board.

Interview

External recruiter demanded salary history, shared range, but posted different numbers online than told me. He was extremely rude and abusive, the company should get a new recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to see w2 info salary history, why left last positions, quota attainment in order to gain interview   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 6 interviews. Most of them were unfocused more about fitting in than about identifying needed skills to fix failures. Not very structured, got the impression that they wanted a body, irrespective of the situation.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a role what is defined but likely to change?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told what was, no room for shaping a workable situation

Director of Associate Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact via phone by very old fashion head hunter.
    SVP of US development interviewed me in person for 1 1/2 hours (this was suppose to be a 30 minute meet and greet) good sign.

Formal interviews in the NY offices 7 one hour interviews with senior leaders from various departments (including Economics).

Interview Questions

• With your experience, why work at TCB?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated for larger base salary-no funding available
    Budget cuts, hiring freeze

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Typing test, gramma test, computer skills test, all these started the process. Only 2 stages: HR and Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you value in work environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Director of Associate Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Conference Board (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter who sent me to the company website to learn about the organization to determine interest.
    I was asked to provide a detailed recap of my performance for the previous 15 years of employment.
    Telephone interview with the Senior VP which was detailed and lasted approximately an hour and forty-five minutes.
    Received a call from SVP in a couple of weeks to come to the headquarters in NYC for additional interviewing.
    In NYC, interviewed with seven senior level executives in different departments including the President.
    Received an offer in couple of weeks and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to join our organization during one of the most difficult times in U.S. history?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated for more of base salary, but was turned down. Reason given was economic situation.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Conference Board (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Two interviews and a test. The first interview was with a senior staff member and a hiring manager. They were interested in personality and experience. The second interview was more technical, and was with 3 senior staff members (Directors etc). At the end of the second interview I was asked to write an essay/test.

Interviewers were very nice. However, it took while before they got back to me with their decision (3-4 weeks).