The David J. Joseph Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company.

Interview

The interviewer went over (in order): my education, previous employment, general strengths & weaknesses, why this position (also proposed another position), past experience in similar roles, and finally position & area preference.

Interview Questions

• We have openings across our subsidiaries, do you have any preference?   1 Answer

The David J. Joseph Company Response

Jan 25, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Great to hear you had a positive interview experience with DJJ. Best of luck in your Management Trainee role. We wish you much success in your career!!

Brokerage Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company.

Interview

Started with a 30 min phone screening interview. Waited 2 weeks before contacting me to schedule 2nd round phone interview. Finally was able to schedule a 3rd round in person interview which I thought went well. Sent a follow up email and never heard from them again. They do not seem to have much respect for potential candidate's time. I had to reach out to them to facilitate every portion of the hiring process. Frustrating to say the least.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief introductory screening phone call followed by an in person interview a few weeks later. I applied online through my school's career services site and they gave me a follow up call that led to an interview thereafter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2008.

Interview

Started with a phone interview followed by a personality test, intelligence test and a background check. Passed all with flying colors. Skipped round 1 of interviews (usually at a local, regional office) and went straight to round 2 at Corporate HQ in Cincinnati. Company flew me down, rented a car and arranged for a hotel.

I full day of interviews with 6 different people, mostly non-HR people. Thought I had nailed the interview but was not extended an offer. Tough questions from last couple of interviewers - hard to get a feel for the process.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

There was fist contact via phone to set up another 20 minute phone interview the next week. After that, they scheduled another phone interview for the following week. On the day of (or perhaps, one day before) the phone interview they sent an e-mail letting me know they were going to skip the phone interview and would just bring me in the next week. The in-person interview was relaxed and took roughly 2 hours (30 minutes per person). Two weeks from the in-person interview they sent a final e-mail informing me that they chose another candidate.
    Seems like a fantastic company. Everyone was super friendly and respectful. I loved the place so much that if they made even a decent offer, I would have accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions and to give examples and details about what was on my resume.
      Very relaxed process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company.

Interview

General discussion on resume and specific technology that the company uses. Met with the manager, the HR manager and the team. The overall experience was positive. There was not much technical question. The benefit package including the bonus was explained clearly. The on-boarding was good. The process was smooth and efficient.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter. Next interview consisted of interview with person with whom I would directly report. The interview was approximately 1.5 hours and was relatively relaxed. They are big on cultural fit within the Company so I feel like the primary purpose was trying to determine this. This was followed up the following week by a meeting with both the head of the HR department and another person within the department in which I was interviewing. Another 2 hour interview. The following week I was asked to come in and meet with another Division Head for lunch. The following week I was asked to to tour one of their local facilities in the morning and then meet with the CEO. The following week I was asked to come in again and take a battery of tests- personality, Wunderlich, etc. I was told I performed very well on these and an offer was imminent. A couple of days later I was told that there was one other last minute candidate who was referred by an a company affiliate, and they felt they needed to interview him to cover their bases. Needless to say they met with him once and made an offer. Very frustrating experience in light of what they put they through, only to make a hire based on one interview. I will say they were very straight-forward and honest throughout the process. Basically, I think they are good people who are painfully slow and meticulous in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• A situation where your values were challenged and how did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • Very conversational questions- more personality based than anything else   Answer Question

Environmental Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company in December 2017.

Interview

Very unorganized, and kept rescheduling so I knew something was wrong. They are messed up there at that company and don't know what is going on and how to treat an applicant.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in this controlled chaos environment?   1 Answer

The David J. Joseph Company Response

Jan 25, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We are sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive interview experience with DJJ. We pride ourselves on being a very organized company, so we regret that was not your take away from the interview... More

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company in May 2016.

Interview

Their hiring process is terrible. This company is a joke. They will give you a phone interview then reassure that they will get back to you after a week or two. Then, two months later, they will arrange another phone interview , after that they will send you a "Thank you for your interest " email to inform that you have not being selected. What a waste of time and life!! I felt like there was never an open position to begin with.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. What are your strengths? Why this company? What can you bring?   Answer Question

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked at Career fair then had my first interview two days later. The next interview took place a week and a half later via face time. 2 weeks later They flew me out to Kansas City for an onsite interview with four different members.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The David J. Joseph Company.

Interview

Phone interview then 2 months later they finally were able to schedule an on site interview. 4 days later (weekend) I followed up and was replied with a stock thank you try again email