The GIANT Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

1. Featured Interview

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The GIANT Company (Carlisle, PA) in July 2020.

Interview

I just had a virtual interview with two people that lasted about 45 minutes. It was done with Microsoft Teams. The people were very friendly and were very informative. They also let me ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty normal questions. They did ask how I felt they could improve their interview process which was kind of a curve-ball question.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The GIANT Company.

Interview

Comfortable environment, was able to meet with many team members at the direct store I was applying to. HR manager was easy to speak with, and answered all questions I had.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The GIANT Company.

Interview

I was hired on the spot. The hiring manager barely asked me anything about myself other than small-talk casual questions. I honestly feel like they hire anyone which can clearly be a bad thing since a lot of the employees are dead weight.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The GIANT Company in June 2020.

Interview

It was a very easy and short hiring process. I applied online and then called the store about three days later. I asked to speak to the hiring manager and then when I was connected to her, I asked about the status of my application and we scheduled an interview right then.
    At the Interview, I was asked some easy questions about myself and some customer service scenarios. The woman interviewing me was very nice and it went well! The whole interview only lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Availability   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer dropped a jar of tomato sauce in an aisle that you were in?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Giant?   1 Answer
    • What traits do people with great customer service skills possess?   1 Answer

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The GIANT Company (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

short interview with hiring manager. asked about my work experience and asked how i would react to different scenarios. then gave an overview of the job and discussed my availability for the duration of my time working there

Interview Questions

• what is your prior work experience   2 Answers
    • how would you talk to a customer   2 Answers

Produce Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The GIANT Company.

Interview

No pressure. Just a few simple questions about why you wanted to work here, your past experiences, etc. Was offered a position on the spot. Had to do some computer training for a few days after before I officially started.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The GIANT Company (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

One interview. 30 minutes. Hired on spot. Meet with two people from management. First from giant direct then from the actual store giant. They were very nice and very direct. Great people. looking forward to starting there.

Interview Questions

• why are you the best for this position   1 Answer

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The GIANT Company (Easton, PA) in February 2020.

Interview

fairly straight forward. questions consisted of appropriate dialogue where managers engaged in depth. I thought it was easy as long as you have common knowledge and work ethic to get you through simple questions. I think the interview manager did an excellent job at making me comfortable as he was vey open and genuine.

Anonymous Employee in Cressona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The GIANT Company (Cressona, PA) in October 2019.

Interview

It was a quick interview but I felt like they were very accommodating. When you get to the store you just Check in at the customer service desk. Next a manager will come get you and take you back to an office to discuss everything with you. I would recommend preparing for questions like what you can provide customers with and think about how you would react in certain situations with customers before going into your interview so you are better prepared.

Interview Questions

• What assets I could provide to customers or the team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The GIANT Company (Willow Grove, PA) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process took place at a hiring event they had in the summer . The hiring manager was very sweet and talked about what I’ll be doing .

Interview Questions

• Why would you get a good fit for giant ?   1 Answer