The Graduate Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Graduate Center

2.5

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Graduate Center (New York, NY).

Interview

No frills easy-peasy. They do have a high acceptance rate, so I'm not surprised. Essentially I got a phone interview because Skype wasn't working. I talked with faculty who made sure I wasn't crazy and that I had a legitimate interest in obtaining a PhD. The people are great if you're proactive, and the community is far more receptive than other even big name schools. You just lack the name...

Interview Questions

• Do you have any interest in field X (where X is outside your interests specified in your application).   1 Answer

College Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Graduate Center (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy questions, pretty straightforward. Two people during the interview.it lasted 30 minutes. They asked me about my background, experience with databases, CRM. what kind of management style i am comfortable etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      past experiences?
      job projects?
      teamwork skills?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Graduate Center (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First stage: skills review followed by group interview
    Second stage: Interview with Manager and VP, along with workers that would report to you
    Said the were Equal Opportunity Employers, but wanted to know my "background (ethnicity)". I think this asked because they may report quotas for hiring certain minorities.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about handling a project that you are responsible delivering?   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Interview

It was awful. Didn't ask any meaningful question. Was such a waste of my time! I won't recommend anyone attend GC for their PhD. It is just a WASTE OF TIME. They are very, very unprofessional, verbally abusive, lacks any respect for you.

Academic Program Officer, Doctoral History Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Graduate Center (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Was emailed about 3 weeks after applying for the position, and was asked to come in for an interview. When I arrived, I waited about 20 minutes (apparently they had fallen behind on scheduling), and upon entering the conference room where the interview would take place, I found five men at a table and a large screen with a woman's head (via Skype, obviously). They told me the interview would take 15 minutes, and when I asked if there would be a second interview, they told me no, they needed someone fast. Unless you're applying for a sales position or one that requires little to no experience, you might imagine how difficult a 15-minute interview might be. I didn't have much time to ask questions, and there was virtually no discussion about my past positions or academic background (a bachelor's degree was required, a master's degree preferred, for this position), only a few sample questions. It was honestly the oddest interview I've had - and I'd thought I'd had some odd ones.

Interview Questions

• If it's the first day of registration and the system is down, and you have several students complaining to you, what do you do?   1 Answer