The Hillman Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at The Hillman Group

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hillman Group

Found 21 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (United States) in Jun 2020

Interview

I interviewed with The Hillman Group during COVID-19. The online application process was relatively short and easily imported data from the resume I uploaded. I first completed a short phone screen for about 15 minutes with the hiring manager. He explained the position in more detail and after a successful chat we set up a video interview. The video interview was with the hiring manager as well. I felt that he asked pertinent questions to selecting the right candidate for his department and was not simply reading from a script from HR. The interviewer kept the conversation professional but relaxed. There were no gotcha type questions and I felt he genuinely wanted to hear my experiences to determine if I would be a good fit for the position. I was unfortunately no chosen for the position, but I have a lot of respect for the company in the way the entire process was handled. After the decision, I received a thanks, but no thanks email from HR and the hiring manager even responded to an email asking for feedback. In a time of high unemployment and uncertainty, it is a breath of fresh air for a company to act in this manner.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a summary of your work experiences
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Gainesville, FL) in Sep 2019

Interview

The interview process was very simple and quick. I applied online and within a few days heard from my employer. I was told that compensation was very competitive based on my previous salary. Boy was I a sucker for believing that.

Interview Questions
  • Are you able to drive for extended periods of time?
Anonymous Employee in Lincolnton, NC
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Lincolnton, NC) in Aug 2019

Interview

Informative and very understanding of what is expected of me. Was both honest and helpful. It was a short interview and was a very comfortable environment. Great atmosphere and very knowledgeable on any questions I asked.

Interview Questions
  • What I bring with my experience.
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2018

Interview

I got hired through an agency. I went into the agency and they informed me about this company. A day or two later I got a call to start working there. A bit worrisome as I only completed a WHMIS test, math questions, and english questions. Also read over the company's employee manual. I listed food related jobs as my current/former employers and let them know I worked at a warehouse before. So basically the process is easy and simple if you're going in through an agency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (United States)

Interview

Conducted a phone interview with HR and phone interview with hiring manager. They said they would follow up with me on next steps however I was never contacted back to communicate if they decided to move forward with me or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Cincinnati, OH)

Interview

I applied online, had a basic phone interview with HR, then another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an in-person interview where I had multiple interviews with different marketing and channel managers plus the hiring manager. Then, I had another phone interview with another marketing manager. Then, another multiple in-person interviews with another group of managers. Then, NOTHING! No one called or replied to my follow-up emails, nothing at all. Very unprofessional and disappointing! They completely wasted my time and energy!!!! Be aware!

Interview Questions
The Hillman Group
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (New York, NY) in Dec 2017

Interview

Made it through first interview that I thought went very well, turned into a phone interview with a regional manager as well. I soon received a call from a peer to do a "ride along" to see if I'd like the position or not. After a follow up call from the district manager, and then the regional manager to see what I thought ...I expressed a great interest in the position, and they never got back with me...ever. The unprofessional nature of the process tells me everything I need to know about how they treat people. A true blessing that they showed their true colors up front.

Interview Questions
The Hillman Group
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Toronto, ON)

Interview

They had a template of questions based on the past experiences. Those were mostly about the strengths and weakness. Everyone in the interview panel asked a similar set of questions. The hiring manager also asked a few technical questions to check my ability to read standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (United States)

Interview

The interview process was a canned set of questions from 5 different people all lasting 30 minutes. All the questions were dumb and were funny to answer due to how low level they were. I hope the company made these fools ask these questions due to how unimportant they were to the position.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time you could have done something better. Explain a time when you wished you did more? What are your weaknesses. What would your form manager say about you and your work.
Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Cincinnati, OH) in Apr 2017

Interview

Very causal, interviewed with 2 individuals (hiring representative and future manager). Kind people. Talked through resume and past experiences. Fairly short interview, but went through a phone screen first with a separate individual.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21