The Hillman Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hillman Group Interview Questions

2.3

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Be wary. The job I applied for was grossly misrepresented. After you apply online you are contacted by a HR representative who reviews the job placement description and answers any brief questions you have. You are then instructed to complete a skills test on Prove It. If you are in the top performers of the applicants you are contacted to schedule an interview where you will meet with the hiring manager. After the interview you will be contacted for a follow-up if you pass the other applicants with a department head. If you get the job you will schedule a time to sit with HR to fill out the necessary background check information. If you pass the check you schedule your start day.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Tempe, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

This was the longest application and interview process I have ever had.

I was contacted by the HR Rep for an initial phone screen approximately 6 weeks after applying online. I waited a week before contacting her about a phone interview with the hiring manager (left voice mail). A few days later she called back to schedule the phone interview for the following week. The phone interview went well and lasted about an hour. I waited another full week and called back and left voice mail for both the HR Rep and hiring manager. I heard nothing back and had pretty much written off the opportunity. Nearly two weeks after I left my voice mails, I received a call from the HR Rep to schedule an onsite interview. I believe this was on a Monday and I suggested that Friday for the onsite interview. By Thursday I had not received a confirmation and so I emailed the HR Rep. She replied that she forgot to send me the confirmation, but yes we were on for Friday.

The onsite interview was a series of meetings with the hiring manager, VP of Engineering, a couple of other managers, and finally the HR Rep. Three of the interviewers used a script that walked through my employment history and asked the same questions about each position and employer - What was your greatest accomplishment? Biggest disappointment? Who was your boss? What would he/she say about your job performance? Describe a situation where you had to.... Fortunately we only went back about 10-12 years, but it was very repetitive. Overall I thought the interviews went well. I was told they had a couple more interviews the following week and they would be making a decision within two weeks.

I waited two weeks and called back and left voice mails - no response. Finally, I sent an email and received an immediate response from the HR Rep saying that they were still interviewing and it would be another week for a decision, and promising to let me know either way. At this point, I don't really want to work for a company that can't even manage the hiring process, but I waited another week, and sent an email to the HR Rep and hiring manager. Two days later, I received a phone call(!) from the HR Rep who told me that although they hadn't yet made an offer, they were leaning toward another candidate.

Sales & Ops Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR followed by an in-person interview with hiring manager and inventory manager; second short interview/meeting with director of operations. Required to fill out a lengthy questionnaire regarding computer skills (formulas, macros, etc) prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Technical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Start off with the phone interview which was basic get to know you questions. If you make it to the face to face interview they have the more formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult for you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hillman Group in October 2014.

Interview

The interview took place at company headquarters in a conference room.Interview was basic question that were listed on a sheet of paper about 10 or so. Questions like what do you know about the company? How do you handle a complaint about pricing? simple ones like that. We discussed the benefits, compensation package and additional parts of the job. In the end as we were finishing the interview, we joked about a few things and then I shook his hand and said my normal courtesy goodbyes. I expected him to walk me to the door and say goodbye but he stayed at the farthest side of the conference table and said bye from a distance. That was not a good sign as I felt we had a good interview. I guess I was the only one who thought that...lol...

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

when you have been choose for this sales rep possition, you will be interviewed by Mr Teaford. He will fly to where ever you are to be interviewed. if you are going to apply for a job like this you must have know about fasteners, or hardware products. be honest with every question that you will be asked and all will be ok.

Interview Questions

• there is nothing to get you alarmed about. just make sure where every you worked befor this job, you had a good record, because he will be going to see your forma boss.N/A   1 Answer

Negotiation

very good

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hillman Group (Columbia, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online, called and had to leave a message (by finding name in company directory), finally got a call back about a week later, then told them they would have to pay more for a territory representative than they wanted to offer. I had trouble scheduling the interview (they would not work around my schedule), and I eventually decided to no return their calls after 3 failed attempts at setting a date.

Interview Questions

Told them that interview would have to be after 5 PM and give me time to change from my current job, they scheduled it at 5:15 PM and wanted to offer $10 per hour to travel a good chunk of the State of Missouri.