The Houston Chronicle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Houston Chronicle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle.

Interview

Pretty standard. It was for the call center, so I was asked questions like "how would you handle this situation", or "what was the most complicated situation you had to deal with with a customer in your last job".

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I thought is was pretty standard. People are nice and they seem to care about who they are allowing into the organization. i would like to see the process move faster as I have other opportunities

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was called three times in one day...once at 8pm by what became my boss. He called me during his scattered layovers. I needed a job so I went along with it.

The actual interview was...concerning.

Very confusing. Neither of the managers had a firm understanding of digital marketing or how to construct a marketing plan.

The main goal was to determine whether or not I had customer service skills- which I do.

I had two more in person meetings, neither of which they seemed to be prepared for. I was offered the position and the manager who lorded over me wasn't even aware I was starting.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was sold digital marketing package that was not performing and wanted a refund?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

2 phone screens 1 hour each
    3 hour face to face interview with panel interview and with 2 separate one on one interviews in the same day.
    I met with the team i would work with and the people i would support.
    After interview i knew i would have the job and could expect and offer.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a group inter view with all the applicants. We got to listen to the calls the other reps were handling in order to make sure we believed we could assist the customers

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle.

Interview

1 interview, super easy, very relaxed. interview with hiring manager then go to HR to fill out application and submit background, will be given drug testing papers and then you have to wait for results.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work early morning shifts   1 Answer

Marketing Drone Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very informal and disorganized. It was clear the team I was interviewing with lacked direction and focus. The questions were scattershot, and clearly designed to gauge whether or not I had faked my experience. It felt like they had accidentally hired lots of imposters, but lacked the knowledge to avoid making the same mistake over and over.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to setup an AdWords campaign in the dashboard, how would you go about doing that?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

I was interview and asked a number of questions like: Where do you see yourself in 5 years and What would your old boss say about your work ethic. The interview when well and I liked the person interviewing me. They were fair and answered my questions about the company. They were surprised that I asked questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

You spend some time with the hiring managers to determine which desk you will be the best fit for. I got recommended by a professor of mine and received the internship through my university.

Interview Questions

• What is your writing process?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Houston Chronicle (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Fist step was phone interview. then in person interview. Next had to submit for a background check and drug test. After that had group interview and finally offer. The questions were fairly easy and informal there was some testing involved but simple.