The Joint Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Joint Commission Interview Questions

2.7

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Joint Commission in March 2016.

Interview

The initial contact was via email to submit an online video interview. It was about 5 questions. I received a call from HR the following week to come in. I met with the heads of the department first then the team leads - I found the heads of the dept overly friendly but the communication was great; the leads were I believe a little stand offish in the beginning but then warmed up. I was told I would hear back within a week. Never heard back and this was back in March. I went on vacation end of April so decided to email the one head of the department to inquire if I was still being considered - silence. I honestly thought the overall interview had gone well. But anyway, I kept getting new job alerts to my email from the company and saw this position constantly being re-posted on the site so I believe they were waiting for someone they knew to apply or none of the applicants that had applied were what they were looking for.. any who, I think a common courtesy email of thank you for interviewing but we've decided to move forward with another applicant would of been nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at The Joint Commission?   1 Answer

Meetings Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Joint Commission (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

It was a professional interview, but the director kept yawning and seemed uninterested and distracted. Initially I interviewed with the director, then she brought in the assistant. The assistant was there to judge personality since this position works closely with her. The typically questions were asked, the environment was in the directors office.

Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Joint Commission (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Combination phone, video, in person process, very detailed spelled out by recruiter. They took the time to give in depth information about the company and role, plus the details and logistics of the position. Enjoyed the opportunity to learn more about the company focus, history and role itself. There is information on their website about the different programs. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role in the joint commission accreditation process.   Answer Question

Engagement Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Joint Commission (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The initial application process was very easy; however, the phone interview is where it went bad. The talent acquisition specialist that I was speaking with seemed very aloof, not prepared and didn't give me much concerning the job duties or the company. She asked me if I had any questions for her concerning the job within five minutes of the call but then only asked me two questions about myself. The phone interview was literally ten minutes. Then she asked me if I can come for an interview a day before she wanted me to come. I am still employed so an email indicating if I was available with a couple of options would have been nice.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Joint Commission (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Panel and typing test. HR was a bit of an awkward process as the person does not understand the role which is in question. HR completes the random questions such as strengths, weaknesses, etc. a small typing test is done, which is more just typing a response to a customer issue. Last is a panel.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about jcaho, why do you want to work here? Also asked how to deal with an unhappy customer. Special interest on past healthcare experience and how to relate to customers.   Answer Question

Agile Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Joint Commission (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Nothing atypical here: I submitted my resume via their careers web page, waited over a month and then heard from a member of Human Resources. I 'passed' that initial phone screen with HR and then was invited in for a F2F interview. I met first with the HR rep for 15 minutes, then an hour with my prospective boss + the lead Software Architect, then another hour with about 8 peers ( 2 or 3 of them on a conference call, the rest in the room with me), and finally the last hour with the director of the PMO. All of this went quite well, with no real surprises or mind-bending questions.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any exceptional or terribly unusual questions that were asked of me.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Joint Commission in August 2014.

Interview

I had an in person interview within days of applying for the job several weeks ago. The interview lasted for about two hours. Mainly open ended questions about work experience. Everything went perfect. I had a good rapport with all the interviewers and answered all the technical questions correctly. Everybody was really nice. I called once to follow up on the decision and they said they were still interviewing and they would let me know. I didn't hear back from them. I thought nothing of a previous review that his/her race had something to do with it, but now that I didn't get the job that I was definitely more than qualified for, it just makes me wonder. I should mention that my minimum salary request was just over their max for the position. But since that was established prior to the interview I'm thinking that may not have been the issue.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Joint Commission (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview and given a typing test, which I passed per their requirement. I interviewed with the initial person who offered me the interview, along with two others. They were very cordial and gave me a tour of the facility, which was very nice.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of a problem I could not solve at my previous job and how I resolved it.   1 Answer

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Joint Commission (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the talent acquisition firm first. The initial interview was fine. Mostly gatekeeping. The second interview was with my potential manager which went very well. The last, and most frustrating interview, was back with the talent acquisition firm. The final interview consisted of salary questions and "negotiations". Notice the double quotes? The problem The Joint Commission has (along with any company that uses contracted talent firms) is that the talent acquisition staff have no idea what a good candidate looks like. Therefore, they are unable to negotiate a proper salary. The talent firm sticks to a script and set range based solely on number of degrees obtained plus a limited look at your experience. No matter how many projects you've run successfully or industry accomplishments you have, they will benchmark your salary in a lower range and cap it. From the initial offer, the talent firm moved up a grand total of 0.5% (that's half of a percent) from the initial offer. This was after three separate phone calls and lengthy debates about my background experience. I finally declined their offer and moved on. I have colleagues at The Joint Commission who are disappointed with skills and abilities of the person who did accept an offer. I can see why people are frustrated with the management at The Joint Commission and also with the culture. If the talent acquisition firm is hiring people at the lowest possibly salary (and disregarding skills for the most part) then the company is full of people who don't have the ability to do their jobs properly.

Interview Questions

• Presentation of past work
      Discussion of projects and implementations
      Conversation about current environment and where my team would lead them
      Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Joint Commission in March 2010.

Interview

Need to know someone there.

Negotiation

No room to move.