The Just Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Just Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The Just Group

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geelong (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Just Group (Geelong (Australia)).

Interview

The interview process was acceptable. It's company policy to apply online (No exceptions) You are then shortlisted electronically and if you pass certain criteria then they will run a phone interview. Once you make it through the phone interview you are then invited for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• "What idea have you come up with that was unsuccessful and why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations available.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Just Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was great. I had a great conversation with a lady from the digital area. We ended the conversation after an hour and all was good. My issue here is with the agent in the middle that the Just Group employs. I spent six hours in total meeting with the agent and the client and in the end the agent did not have the decency to call and discuss with me the outcome of the interview. Clearly I was not the right fit for the job however its important for the Just Group to know that their in between agents do not treat the candidates right. This agent had very little technical knowledge and it was sheer insulting having to deal with her.

Advice to the Just Group: You already have an HR in your system, please use them to recruit and get rid of the riff raff agents in the middle who have zero accountability. They treat the client well but the candidates very poorly, which unfortunately reflects bad on the company itself.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your similar experiences   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, Victoria (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Just Group (Richmond, Victoria (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a one on one interview process, the hiring manager met me down stairs we went to an interview room which she said was "booked" but other people were in the room and we then walked around the office trying to find a room! What a joke, she then kicked the people out of our room and we had a one on one interview, she was the worst interviewer she jumped all over the place in her questioning and didnt sell the role at all. She wasnt engagement and after the interview I advised I wanted to withdraw my application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in retail?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Just Group (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly unprofessional setting, took place in the seating area of a vendor near the store.
    Interviewer was inexperienced and deferring to me to see if they were doing well.
    I was told a specific interview time but when I arrived they had changed the interview time to later without my knowledge (and I was going to a shift at my other job straight after).
    I was told during the interview that the position was not just a part time sales assistant, it was a 2IC Assistant Manager position however later in my job I was told this was not my role and I'm just a part time sales assistant.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to provide constructive criticism to other team members or ask them to do certain things?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate anything. Despite the fact that I was going into exams I was not given the opportunity to take unpaid leave (which is detailed in the 2009 Just Group Retail Agreement). I had said I was able to start in two weeks but they asked for an immediate start.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Just Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Face to Face interview that took approximately 30-60 minutes. The interview was run by the regional manager for the store and the assistant store manager. Generally done in a semi informal location such as a cafe.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are based on a STAR response - Situation, Task, Action, Result. These questions are then based on previous sales experience, loss prevention, customer experience etc.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Just Group (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in February 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview/screen accessing the general suitability for the role followed by an in person interview with the manager and assistant manager about skills and experience with situation-based questions as well. After there was a floor trial for roughly 30 minutes to assess how your interacted with customers and how well you could style some outfits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the just group? Why do you want to work for this particular brand? What's your biggest weakness? How do you keep up-to-date with fashion trends?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Just Group.

Interview

Quite difficult, intense one on one interview with lots of scenario questions that are quite hard to prepare for so you'll have to come up with them on the spot

Interview Questions

• Describe one time there was a potential risk or something dangerous had happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Supply Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, Victoria (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Just Group (Richmond, Victoria (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the role. I then came into the office for an interview with the merchandise manager which was quite relaxed compared to other interviews I’ve had. I then had a second interview with the merchandise manager and the buyer I would be reporting into. The next day they called for references and shortly after was offered the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with time management / staying organised / high pressure?   Answer Question
    • What do you like in store at the moment? What do you think we are missing or could do better?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in buying?   Answer Question

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Just Group (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was interesting and very fun. It assessed us on how we related to people and our creativity through presentations and group work. It was definitely a very unique interview process that I've never encountered before, yet it was also still professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Peter Alexander?   1 Answer

Christmas Casual Interview

Interview

I interviewed at the Head Office. It was a group interview for Christmas Casual hiring. There was a group activity, where the assessors closely watched how you interacted as part of a team. This was followed by a presentation on the activity. There was also a role play involved regarding how you'd handle a customer interaction.