The Learning Experience Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2018

2.0

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Katy, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Personal interview it was 1:1 interview Director made me very comfortable during the process .asked personal questions about family and education and why i am leaving my current job followed by work interview which was for an hour where I got to meet the teacher I will be assisting and got to meet my class.after background check job was offered.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newtown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Newtown, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Dress was business casual (no jeans). Was asked why I wanted to work there. Filled out packets for half hour.The main interview was over the phone. I expected more questions than I was asked.

Anonymous Employee in Northport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Northport, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I answered an ad on craigslist. I sent my resume by email. I was asked to come in for an interview the same day. I was given an offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Ledgewood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Ledgewood, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

Paper application... Filled it out at the center... The director called me within a few days, came in for an interview and a week later she called and offered me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Littleton, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

We talked about the position, job expectations, the curriculum, and walked around the center. The director was very laid back. It didn't feel like an interview at all. She got some of the general questions out of the way, then proceeded to bad mouth the other employees, and tell me about the workplace drama she's had to deal with. The whole time I thought "why is she telling me this?" I chose to accept the initial offer, but after working there for 3 months, my pay rate was lowered. I should mention that I worked at a corporate TLE prior the the recent one I interviewed for and accepted the job at. I was paid $15.50/hr. at the corporate center and had great benefits. The new location lowered my pay to $14.00/hr. and just found out that they don't offer ANY benefits. I'm in the process of looking for a new job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How would you handle workplace conflict?
      What is your teaching philosophy?
      What if your favorite part about teaching?   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Hudson, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

The senior executives look at candidates overall experience, education, and abilities and place them in the center and position which best fits the candidates abilities. The VP carefully selects all employees and checks backgrounds. I felt very connected to the VP as he owned an operated his own school so he shared many of the same thoughts on education and management as I do.

Interview Questions

• Views on curriculum, team work, management styles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary similar if not more than I would receive within the public schools. I choose to leave the public schools due to corruption and I love that TLE stands behind something and sticks to it.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy kid related questions. If you have childcare experience which most of them require you have at least some .. then the questions are easy. Just answer them to the best of your ability theirs no right or wrong answers

Interview Questions

• How would you make a first time parent feel at ease?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You get offered a position they tell you the pay at that time you can chime in on whether the pay works for you or not and from that point a contract just stating pay start date title is drawn up

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (East Windsor, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

In person , 30 mins approximately. Very easy. Hired within a day . No real training and no room for negotiation. Benefits are not competitive and was asked basic behavioral questions.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed and was called for phone interview and then set up for a face to face. Once I got there she had my resume pulled and asked about 12 questions and jotted my answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Experience.

Interview

Easy and relaxed. They asked you simple questions. The interview only lasted about ten minutes tops. I was interviewed by the Director and Assistant Director. They reviewed my printed out resume and asked questions from there.