The Learning Experience Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Learning Experience Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2018

2.1

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Learning Experience.

Interview

Applied on indeed, heard from them about an interview through email. Went in and was very pleasant. Before the interview I was given a packet to fill out about different scenarios with kids. The interview felt comfortable and not like an interview at all. Spoke for about 15-30 min. They asked me to come back for work interview. The work interview was about an hour. Had to come up with a lesson, for example, an art activity or reading out loud to the students. Was offered the job after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Have you worked with kids before?
      Why do you want this job?
      Why do you want to be a teacher?
      Gave me scenarios about kids ( for example if 2 kids are fighting over a toy what would you do?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Boston, MA).

Interview

They try to make experienced individuals take on the worst child cares. Corporate has no clue how to run quality child care. You won't succeed if you believe in doing right by the kids, staff, law and state regulations. It's only about the money. Run and never look back.

Interview Questions

• Nothing important, it was a joke. The guy couldn't even Skype. All he wanted was to try to give me the bad places, which seems like all locations to try and fix their dysfunctional methods. High turnover for director's and regional managers for basically these employees trying to follow the regs and laws. TLE pays big money to keep their corporate dysfunction and centers illegal activity out of the news. Do yourself a favor, don't even note. You won't have a job on a few months and they will screw with your professional reputation.   1 Answer

Lead Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (East Brunswick, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a two day process. First the interview and than the demo class in front of the group you will be with. The watch you with the demo class from another room. Each classroom has cameras and mics so they can hear you during the class.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two children were fighting over a toy?   1 Answer
    • Is the daycare the parents choice or the childs?   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Chandler, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

We scheduled a phone interview - they didn't call. I received an apology and rescheduled - they didn't call. I didn't hear back for a week so I emailed. I received another apology and we rescheduled. For the third time I didn't get a call. Two weeks passed without communication so I rescinded my application. I then received another apology and a contrived written timeline showing this person was trying to cover their actions with superiors. Totally sketchy and I would never work for them.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to complete a phone interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed and was called for phone interview and then set up for a face to face. Once I got there she had my resume pulled and asked about 12 questions and jotted my answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Experience.

Interview

Easy and relaxed. They asked you simple questions. The interview only lasted about ten minutes tops. I was interviewed by the Director and Assistant Director. They reviewed my printed out resume and asked questions from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Clearwater, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very careless and impersonal. Other teachers and parents were constantly interrupting the interview process. Interviewer was not ready for interview until 15 minutes after interview start time. They offered a second interview, which was just as muddled.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying to The Learning Experience?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Merrimack, NH) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick, short tour, no interaction with the children to ensure a good fit. Was promised training and time to get to know the families which never happened. Hired on the spot and thrown into a class before a background check went through.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions about childcare related stuff.   1 Answer

Floater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Mount Laurel, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

I walked aasked if they were hiring she said yes submitted an application got a call back 3weeks or so later. Had a one on one interview that was the worst she did not even pay attention to me because it was pick up time for the kids

Interview Questions

• my experience
      have i ever filled an incident report   1 Answer

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Learning Experience (Hudson, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

The senior executives look at candidates overall experience, education, and abilities and place them in the center and position which best fits the candidates abilities. The VP carefully selects all employees and checks backgrounds. I felt very connected to the VP as he owned an operated his own school so he shared many of the same thoughts on education and management as I do.

Interview Questions

• Views on curriculum, team work, management styles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary similar if not more than I would receive within the public schools. I choose to leave the public schools due to corruption and I love that TLE stands behind something and sticks to it.