The Marketing Arm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Marketing Arm Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2018

2.4

Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 on-site interviews. Spoke to 6 people in total along this process. HR communicated via email, call, and text. Very positive first interview seemed to expedite the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Name a critique of your work style you've received in the past.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone screen interview. Typical questions about your experiences, portfolio, and management style. Interview went great and was left told that I would hear back to schedule next interview. Never heard back. Even sent follow up emails and no response. It’s disgusting how HR people treat candidates. At least have the common respect to respond. As a candidate we’re investing time learning about your company, researching and preparing for the interview - then to be completely left hanging is just wrong. Be upfront and give constructive feedback or even a generic response. I think the entire hiring process is a horrible experience.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with the manager of the department and then the team I'd be working with. Had a great interview with everyone, really enjoyed them. They spent a lot of time telling me about the company and how they work, questions were relatively easy. Seemed like a very chill group.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter that went well. The next step was a phone interview with the manager that I'd be reporting to. After the interview, I asked the recruiter for the manager's email so I could send a 'thank you' after the interview. That was weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from the recruiter.

The manager mentioned that they were looking to hire someone rather quickly as the person in the position previously moved. It doesn't seem like they're trying to hire very quickly if they won't respond to their emails.

Interview Questions

• Something I asked: I asked about how the company helps maintain a healthy work-life balance.   1 Answer

Music Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for a role online after being referred by an inside contact. Month later a recruiter calls. She offers up another role that could be a better fit and is not posted. I interview with two other colleagues in that group - phone interview and in person and am then ghosted. No response back from recruiter/ hiring manager.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone call with one of the HR recruiters. this last about 15-20 minutes; 2nd interview was a phone call with the person that would've been my direct boss, another 20 minutes; if i would've made it to next round, it would've been in person.

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Well I'm kind of disappointed in the firm. They have a fun culture that they keep pushing but to me it translates as flakiness. The recruiter was very spaced out and was coordinating with me after hours.
    The actual interview wasn't too bad but I did find it odd that I was told, 'we are fun, a beer cart goes around the office every so often.' On the other hand once I mentioned my young child, I was told 'hey I don't know if you know about office hours here, but wouldn't that effect your pick up time for your child? We don't make exceptions on anyone leaving the office before 5:30pm '

Well that's disappointing if nothing else. I feel like maybe it should be explicitly spelled out that one should only apply if they are single sans family. I would have liked to know that before applying.

Interview Questions

• Our office hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Are you aware? What time does your daughter need to be picked up from her daycare?   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I wasn't actively looking for a job but a recruiter reached out to me about an opportunity so I gave it a shot. I had two phone interviews. The first one from the recruiter and the second one was from a new employee who seemed very inexperienced. I was then brought in for an in-person interview and hated the vibe of the office. The guy who interviewed me had a bad attitude and came off very pretentious. He made me feel like I wasn't worthy of the company. I walked out and knew even if they offered me a job I wouldn't accept. I also found out the salary was laughable. My advice would be to look elsewhere. I ended up with two other offers within the year with better salaries and great company culture.

Social Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very good interview process. I met with both people who I would be working with. Each interview was about 45 minutes, and I got to know a lot about the team, company and role itself.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was good, however, it was difficult to get away from my then-current job to come and interview in-person 2 times. The people that I met were all great and knowledgeable. Very much a type-A culture, which is what I am.

Interview Questions

• Behavorial questions to determine cultural fit.   1 Answer