The Mosaic Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fish Hawk, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mosaic Company (Fish Hawk, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with 16 different Directors and Managers. They flew me across the country twice and to Saskatchewan, Canada for more interviews. It was insane. They spent thousands of dollars on an interview and I only stayed 3 years.

Senior Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mosaic Company (Lithia, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone screen with internal recruiting followed by a face to face 3 person panel interview. Follow up involved multiple emails sent to Internal recruiter to get a status. They don't provide feedback to candidates with feedback. I received a rejection by autobot email from Mosaic Workday. Overall, they are unprofessional

Interview Questions

• They asked what is your personal brand? Just a dumb question and not relevant.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

Gave them my resume at a college career fair. Got a phone call later that day for an on campus interview. Interviewed the next day, and received an email the following week that I didn't get it (note those who did receive an offer were also notified around the same time).

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions.
      Q: Tell us about a time you had a conflict with another person and how you resolved it.
      Q: They asked about volunteer work that I did.   Answer Question

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Mosaic Company (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick and efficient process. Met with recruiters at a career fair, got a callater that night asking me to interview the next morning. Interview was 30 minutes with 1 HR Rep and 1 Engineer.

Was called and then emailed an offer 5 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much all behavioral/dealing with conflict stuff.
      Tell us about a time you're approach to a problem didn't work.
      Tell us about a time where you came up with a creative solution to a problem.
      Tell us about a time you had to deal with unclear instructions.
      Etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mosaic Company in September 2016.

Interview

I found out that Mosaic would be at my school's career fair, so I did some research on them and spoke with their representative at the fair. I provided my resume, and was told that I'd be contacted that night if selected for an interview. I interviewed 1 on 1 with an HR representative the next day, and they asked me several basic behavioral questions, as well as general questions about eligibility for the position. It was a very positive interview, and I felt like I got along well with the interviewer. I got a call back 3 weeks after the interview, and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with somebody about safety.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was attempted, I was just happy for the offer.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Mosaic Company (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Went in to interview with the personnel that manage the intern/Co-op process and the manager of the Financial Reporting team, and a soon to be asst. manager (4 people total). The first two individuals asked about previous intern experience, but then started to ask harder questions right after. One of the interviewers did not like my STAR response and claimed "it's not fair you are telling me you did not like anything, or ended up liking the task right after it was complete." Then I interviewed with the Accounting manager, who took a liking to my persona.

Co-Op Interview

Interview

I was invited to a mixer after speaking to the recruiters at a job fair in order for them to get to know candidates better and vice-versa. Received a call later that night to interview with them the next day. There were mainly typical behavioral questions you might expect to get.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Financial Analysis & Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Mosaic Company (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview process wasn't too painful. My application was submitted online. I received a call approximately a week later to schedule a phone interview, which took place the following week. The phone screen was to review my resume, salary expectations, why I was interested in working for the company, etc.

I moved to the face to face interview stage, and was asked if I could interview the following day (mind you, I received the call mid afternoon so they were asking me to come in with less than 24 hours notice) or at the latest, on Wednesday (call was received on Monday). I agree to shuffle my schedule around to accommodate the request, and was able to interview on Wednesday. I interviewed with a panel of three people, and was asked standard behavioral questions, with two-three technical questions. The interviewers were polite, and overall, the interview went well, but I lacked the feeling of really connecting and building rapport with the interviewers. Looking back, I feel the interviewers likely had already chosen their candidate, but proceeded to interview me for reasons known only to them.

I was told I would hear back from HR once a decision was reached, but I never heard anything, which I found extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself- Describe how you improved a process-   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mosaic Company (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was laid back. I felt really comfortable with the interviewers. Two were younger engineers and one was a human resources representative from corporate. It was not a technical interview, so they were really just trying to get to know me. I was prepared and well dressed and showed up with a long list of questions. They seemed to be impressed.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to move or are you looking to stay in the area?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Mosaic Company.

Interview

Sent resume and I got contacted a month later, One 30 minute phone interview, and a 7 person in person panel interview. Phone interview with production superintendent went fantatasic. The in person interview went not as expected. I had to drive a good 100 miles one way for the interview, and take a day off. The interview was ran by a bunch of middle management bean counters with not much technical expertise, The interviewing staff would probe you with 7 people in a fish bowl setting firing one question after another. One negative interviewer set the dynamic of the interview to the bad side. Offensive comments were experienced during interview, very unprofessional. Needless to say the panel interview was over with in 30 minutes. I was told human resources would get in touch. I checked my email, 39 minutes late I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• it was a statement"Im not sure you know the job your interviewing for" statements such as"we dont need people in their own world"   1 Answer