The Nature Conservancy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Nature Conservancy Interview Questions

Interviews at The Nature Conservancy

1. Featured Interview

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

After applying, I received a phone call one month later to set up a phone interview with the would be boss. Shortly after the phone call, I was invited for an in-person interview, which involved four people. Two weeks later, I received notice that I did not get the job and that is was a tough decision. The interviewees were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is the best piece of feedback you've ever been given?   Answer Question

Conservation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy (Phoneton, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted for a 30 minute phone screen. The next step was completing an assignment (paragraph responses to situational and other questions), followed by an interview.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and 3 weeks later received an email to begin the interview process. It was 3 interview in total. One on the phone with the hiring manager and 2 in person with different team members.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were specific to the job description. Read up on the job description and see how it matches your skills and experience before the interview.
      Other common questions:
      Why do you want to work for TNC?
      What do you look for in team members (traits)?
      Do you prefer to work in a team or individually?
      How did you handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

A week after I submitted the application, I got a call from a recruiter asking to set up a time for an interview. There was a panel of three interviewers who asked me typical interview questions. A week after the first interview, I got another email asking if I was available for a second interview.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screening before in-person interview. Skills test was included as part of in-person interview. One group of staff members did first portion of interview then another group came in for the second part.

Associate Director of Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online through their website and heard back via email in about a week. The HR rep scheduled a phone interview for which I was to call them at a prescribed time. I called for the interview and got a voicemail. After a second attempt I sent an email to make sure I had the right number. About 4 hours later the HR rep requested we reschedule as something had come up. We connected the next day and spoke for about 30 minutes. Basic phone interview type questions. I was told I could expect next steps in the next week. After 7 days I emailed to inquire on status. No response. About 2 weeks after the phone interview I got an email letting me know they are moving forward with other candidates.

Fine experience while really rough on the communication. Would have liked to have moved on or gotten some feedback on what they were looking for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy (New Haven, CT).

Interview

15 minutes pre-screening includes basic questions such as please introduce yourself, why TNC? Why this team? Why this position? What's is your visa status? Will you be willing to relocate to Colorado?. First round interview was 30-45 minutes including behavioral questions and a mini case. Second round would be a case that you need to send back a memo/financial models. Last round would be with a team director.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

I was interviewed by two staffers at once. Both worked for different departments of the Nature Conservancy and wanted to help assess the best placement for me as an intern. They were both very nice and professional. I felt like they did a really good job in figuring out where to put me and preparing me for what to expect once I started the job.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was very simple and nice. No hard questions were asked it was super casual. The interviewer was very kind and asked basic questions. Super easy. Nothing else really to talk about it was simple and straight forward.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview and scheduled a slot for about 2-3 weeks later. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and included approximately 4 people that worked at that Nature Conservancy office on similar issues.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy (Peoria, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Relatively easy process. Background check required, though no drug test, so it was a pretty quick hiring process. Interviewers were very nice, answered all questions and were always professional and helpful.

Interview Questions

• No really unexpected questions- typical "what are your skills", "what do you bring to the table", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Originally it was supposed to be a one semester internship, but they were pleased with my work and extended it an additional semester.