The Nature Conservancy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Nature Conservancy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

I was interviewed by two staffers at once. Both worked for different departments of the Nature Conservancy and wanted to help assess the best placement for me as an intern. They were both very nice and professional. I felt like they did a really good job in figuring out where to put me and preparing me for what to expect once I started the job.

Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

Three sets of interviews. First one was short and with a Project Manager over the phone. Second one was in person with two full sets of hiring managers. Third one was with the Director. Interview process was good and the questions were straight-forward. The in-person panels had less technical questions and more situational questions.

Stewardship Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in April 2017.

Interview

They interviewed over Skype for Business, and it's two to three people interviewing you at once, alternating who is asking the questions. This interview was with the Colorado chapter and I'm not sure if other chapters conduct their interviews in the same way. I have interviewed for them twice now, accepting the first offer for a seasonal position, and not receiving an offer for the second, although the processes were very similar.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in March 2017.

Interview

Application is fairly brief, various details from the resume fleshed out and a cover letter. Heard back to schedule phone interview 2-3 days after the job opening closed and scheduled one the next week. Phone call was fairly casual and comfortable, did a fair amount of explaining the job and asked a few questions about qualifications etc. Seem to really want people who are passionate about the job and the overall goals.

Interview Questions

• Explain your research experience detailed on the resume   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals?   Answer Question
    • Specifics on whether or not I could use specific technology detailed in the job description.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview and scheduled a slot for about 2-3 weeks later. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and included approximately 4 people that worked at that Nature Conservancy office on similar issues.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

Applied online via TNC website and phone interview to follow a few weeks later. Casual interview going through list of questions asking about education and experience with natural resource management.

Donor Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on-line, then received an email requesting a time for a phone Interview. Within two weeks I received an email offering dates for an in-person interview, which was several weeks in the future. Then in-person interview with a five-person panel. Very pleasant people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a customer that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Development Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

After filling out a breif questionnaire, I had a phone interview and a skype interview. Ultimately I was not offered the position, but my overall experience was good. Interviewers seemed pleased with their jobs and were not intimidating at all.

Waste of Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

Unethically long hiring process. Interviewers couldn't even answer simple questions such as "what is your company culture like?" or "around how many donors do you deal with?" They string you along with countless interviews with WAY too many people, only to ignore your calls for a week after a final decision was to be made. Extremely unprofessional and unorganized.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview

1 phone interview with two people and 1 Skype interview with three people. Both were straight forward interviews. No trick questions. All the people I talked to were very nice. It seems like an awesome place to work. I was pretty bummed I didn't get the job. I would definitely apply with this organization again.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you had to handle a conflict with employees and how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question