The New Jewish Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at The New Jewish Home

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The New Jewish Home (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was easy enough. I had to interview with both HR and Finance, luckily I was able to get both interviews scheduled together.
    I first met with HR then after the HR interview I was led to another building where I interviewed with 2 directors of finance.
    The questions were generic, and not too challenging. Reading prep questions online helped me to prepare.
    A few days after I got a call from HR with an offer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at The New Jewish Home (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

was casual and very well put and straight to the point i was made to feel very comfortable. my entire resume was reviewed and specific details were asked about each employer. Another employee was there to chime in on specifics on job assignments

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The New Jewish Home (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy, behavioral interview. No technical questions asked. It was held at the Manhattan location. I was interviewed by two people who wanted to know my background. Nothing extraordinary. People are professional and welcoming. Overall was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? What did you study at school. Tell me about your previous professional experience.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The New Jewish Home (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I added my profile on their career page and was called shortly after by their HR representative, we I meet with and who gave me some additional information about the job I would be applying for. The same day I met with the coordinator of the program that I was applying for. The interview was about a half hour long. They let me know that day that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged in your work and how you mitigated that challenge.   Answer Question

Hha Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The New Jewish Home (Bronx, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The recruitment process is very professional and they treat you as a professional not just some number like some of these other agencies. The recruitment staff walks you through the process asking very detailed information, which I liked since they don't just hire any john doe from the street. itt seems like they really care about ensuring that they hire the right people for the job. I have been an aide for more than 5 years and I can say that they treated me with respect and made me feel very proud of being a "hero". that is what they consider us aides...heros! I am glad I joined them.

Interview Questions

• why did you chose to become an HHA? what sort of person would you allow to take care of your parent?   Answer Question

NORC Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The New Jewish Home (Bronx, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with HR director who was very nice and actually refer me to a different position after I didn't get the initially position I applied for. Met with the direct supervisor right after. Whole interview process was around 2-2 1/2 hours long. Second part of interview there was a nurse that was present for half of the interview to assess the clinical portion of my skills.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are some challenges you have faced in the past?
      Answer Question

Accepted a different position at a different company

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The New Jewish Home (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was asked professional questions and explained my salary. The interviewer was professional and did a good job, She did not rush the interview listened to me and gave me a chance to answer questions. She answered questions about the job and the mission. I was given a chance to work in either the Bronx or Manhattan

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The New Jewish Home (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Applied online, called for interview about 2 weeks later, I should have have pulled the phone out of the wall!