The Renoir Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Renoir Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Renoir Group (Bismarck, ND) in November 2010.

Interview

Be prepared

Interview Questions

Negotiation

More than a fair offer

Knowledge Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

Mostly the Interviews are conducted on Skype
    Lengthy and very lengthy interviews. Each round will lasts for almost 1.5 hr...
    Typical 3 to 4 rounds
    HR on call - then HR one to one - actual person with whom you will work - senior management

Interview Questions

• It's a small company but but expanded globally. Are you willing to join in such company??   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Renoir Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview followed by assessment centre.

Initial interview was fairly typical. Assessment centre consisted of a pre-prepared presentation about yourself, a maths test, a group activity, on-the-spot presentation and a second group activity.

Assessment centre consisted of around 10 participants and 2 Renoir employees. In introducing the structure for the day the facilitators, rather strangely for a consultancy involved in implementation and process, seemed to take pride in the fact that they often liked to change the structure and tasks on the fly.

Pre-prepared presentations of around 3 minutes (no props/slides allowed) about yourself came first, some people were clearly more prepared than others. This was followed by a maths test which, while not difficult, appeared poorly worded and sometimes ambiguous. A group activity involving everyone working together - the Zin obelisk, then came next which is quite fun.

An on-the-spot presentation followed, whereby you are given a controversial or even nonsensical statement, a few minutes to prepare and then present for as long as you can on the topic. The marking criteria for this seemed to be solely based on quantity rather than quality, i.e. waffling on without pause rather than a coherent, considered argument.

Finally, another group activity, this time split into two smaller groups and along the lines of "estimate how many x fit in y". Despite a few in our group having highly numerate backgrounds, the facilitators seemed neither able to understand our very standard, logical approach nor able to describe the approach they would have taken at all clearly.

At the end, much was made of getting back to us very quickly within a day or so with positive or negative feedback. Unfortunately, despite these assurances, no response was forthcoming.

Renoir presented themselves throughout as a group of 'high flyers'. With little information out there it is hard to qualify this so I attended with some trepidation and, talking to one or two other attendees, so did they. Out of the group, I would say only 3-4 of us were high flyers in terms of education, achievement and so on while I, and again one or two others, were left wondering why some attendees were there at all. Similarly, the facilitators did not strike me as being the height of professionalism or the high flyers they purport the organisation to consist of.

All in all, a perplexing experience leaving the rejection (not that there actually was one) feeling a bit more like a lucky escape than the loss of a great opportunity,

Interview Questions

Interview

Self-employed. With 42 years of experience and having worked in Senior position such Vice President Commercial of Multi-national companies, I have started on my own. Also having authored the book "Cash before you Crash", I now give consultancy & training on the following subject:
    Marketing & Sales for faster growth, Credit & Collection, Cost Reduction, Value-added Sales / Purchase Negotiation, Turn-around process for loss making companies. etc.etc.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

Had a video Skype interview at first, which was to understand the candidate better, and later asked a couple of quizzes. Once shortlisted, he/she is invited to its physical office for a group and later individual interview.

At that place, the following activities are:
    1) a short introduction of oneself,
    2) a group problem solving game,
    3) an individual mathematical written test,
    4) a 2-minute presentation of a given topic, and
    5) a one-on-one interview with the recruiter(s).

Overall, the interview process is interesting but there were times humiliating. Although the recruiter(s) are trying to paint a true picture of the realities working in consultancy, there were lots of discouragement. There were also clear signs of arrogance and boastfulness by the recruiter(s), to the point of claiming that they're way better off than other long established consulting firms (including the Big 4).

Interview Questions

• Skype Interview:
      1. 5 other uses of a bar of soap besides washing (to test thinking out-of-the-box).
      2. A mathematical quiz (which was tricky but somewhat unclear).

Group/Individual Interviews:
      1. Short introduction of oneself (2-3 minutes).
      2. Team problem-solving game of The Zin Obelisk (15 minutes).
      3. Mathematical written test (10 minutes).
      4. Short presentation, which one's forced to agree to a controversial topic such as "child labour is good", "prostitution should be legalised", "fast-foods good for children", etc. (2-3 minutes).
      5. "Why should we hire you?" is the first thrown question at the one-on-one interview. There are other follow up questions during this session.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by assessment centre and face to face interview. Questions were straight forward and assessment is pretty much common sense unless you are put off by a group environment. Mini presentation was also needed on a subject of your choice which helps..

Interview Questions

• Previous career. Reasons for interest. Personal circumstances (to accommodate travel requirements) etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary levels are clearly defined for employees. Interviewers are very honest about what to expect in relation to hours / travel. They paint a black picture of work life balance and don't try to sell the job to you. It almost feels that they are talking you out of it!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

Interview in a coffe shop as they do not have office anywhere. A 5 mon presentation round, puzzle GD round, and personal interview. just 3 rounds. Confirm before hand if they are paying for our tickets

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

1.) Preliminary 1-on-1 interview with Recruitment Manager
    - career and personal background
    - out of the box thinking
    - basic numerical questions (compute mentally or to be safe, bring a pen and paper).

2.) Assessment Center
    - math test
    - public speaking test
    - team exercises

3.) Final panel interview
    - heat/pressure test (see how you'd react when being pressured).
    - willingness to work long hours in odd locations (e.g.: 7 days a week in a mine).

Interview Questions

• Willingness to work in odd/non-office environment?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Renoir Group.

Interview

I applied via their website. The initial contact was through an agent who seemed to be reading a script and was asking me generic questions. After that, I got to the point where two OPS managers called me and asked me about my experience. They did not provide much information about the company.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question I got on that second call (with the two OPS managers) was about a hypothetical situation where the client would want me to explain why something bad happened on a project and whether i would be willing to lie in order to calm the client down.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A little higher salary but only because of my strong experience.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Renoir Group (Mumbai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Online interview to get a feel of who you are as a person. If shortlisted, you are called for a full day assessment round. On this a day round of assessment, where your abilities of critical thinking and problem solving are assessed. The assessment is holistic and gets the best and worst out of a candidate, hence reliable.

Interview Questions

• What skills I posses that makes me fit for this job   1 Answer