- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- United States - All Cities
- - Virginia
- - Roanoke, VA Area
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
Interviews at The Roanoke Times
Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
I applied online. I interviewed at The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, VA) in Apr 2016
I applied for the job and quickly received a response. My interview was informative and comfortable. I completed an editing test and despite some mistakes was offered the job. I received training on the mistakes I made and worked with great colleagues.
- Why are you interested in print news?
Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, VA) in Jul 2015
The interview process consisted of a standard list of questions that ranged from experience to personal growth and so on. There was also a two-part design test where applicants are asked to design an ad based on certain provided specs and proof another ad and mark all the errors and mistakes
- Tell us about a time where you had a difficult client that you worked with and how did you work to resolve the issue.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Roanoke Times
a number of formal interviews with different managers and HR representatives. Questions about sales environment and motivation as well as scenarios that you may encounter. Phone interview, 1 on 1 with HR and then a group interview. If you meet the Ad Director you are basically hired.
- My difficulty was trying to make my previous job experience relevant to a sales environment
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. I interviewed at The Roanoke Times
You will phone interview with HR and then proceed to face-to-face interviews with managers. This process may take several sessions and may take several weeks to complete. Once you have passed all of the phases of the hiring process, if you are offered the position, you will then be required to take a pre-employment drug test. You offer will be contingent on passing the drug test and the required background check.
- You may be asked to complete a personality test called the Cleaver.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA
I applied online. I interviewed at The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, VA)
The interview process started with an initial phone screening with the HR rep who hires for the advertising/accounts group. The 2nd interview was about an hour with HR asking more "tell me about a time when...." or "here's the scenario...what would you do or how would you handle that?" type of questions.
- A room full of boxes and files was found that may contain important account information. You and the accounts team are tasked with sorting through the information. How would you go about handling your 10 boxes? (paraphrasing here but something kind of awkward like that)
I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Roanoke Times in Feb 2011
phone interview followed by meeting management and then drug and background check and finally the official offer of employment. it was smooth but took a while. this was years ago before they were desperate so im sure its expedited now since there are so many empty seats
- how well do you mulitask