The SAVO Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The SAVO Group Interview Questions

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

1) Phone Screen with HR
    2) Phone Screen with Hiring Manager
    3) In-Person Interview with Hiring Manager, Senior Accountant, and CFO

The interviews went well. They said that I was one of the two finalist. I tried to reach out to HR to see the status but they never responded. I saw that they posted the job again a week after my interview so I guess neither I or the candidate got the job.

With the amount of time they asked of me to do interviews, I would have appreciated a simple "yes" or "no" email. I'm sure there is a draft somewhere that states "Thank your for applying, but we decided to move on with other candidates..."

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a company recruiter and, after many lengthy delays, eventually got invited to a phone screen with the hiring manager. Again, after many lengthy delays, I was eventually invited into their office for a F2F interview. The F2F interview lasted 4 hours, one hour each with 2 or 3 people. Three business days after the F2F, I was called by the company's recruiter to gauge how I felt the process went, which I felt was very strong and I was quite positive about the experience. I was told they felt the same, but that they wanted to interview another candidate who couldn't come in for another couple of weeks for his/her interview (this was over the Christmas/New Years holidays). I contacted the company recruiter mid-week in the first week of January to see when I would learn about my application status, and I never heard back from him.

Interview Questions

• Let's pretend that you are the Scrum Master, I am the Product Owner, and these other two gentlemen in the room with us are the software team. Lead us through our Sprint Retrospective.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Very long and tedious. It's one of those interview where you are expected to talk in a third person context. They ask very general questions that are tough to answer and are found in interview books. "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" Really? I can barely see a year out. They asked about implementation strategy and I gave them a thorough answer but it wasn't received well. I asked him what part was missing. "You need to start an email campaign to the sales people that is laced with excitement and positive thoughts about the upcoming release." WTF? Have you ever worked with sales people? You'd be lucky to get them to open one of those let alone multiple ones. Even if they did open the first one they wouldn't open any subsequent emails from you knowing that it's fluff.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"   1 Answer

Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Simple, well organized, met with a lot of people from different teams. They were open and friendly, did ask some tough questions, but seemed to accept the responses. I would recommend negotiating (as per usual) though the recruiter I used encouraged me not to. Formal on-boarding is minimal should you decide to take an offer, so be prepared to guide your own journey in this regard. Meet as many people as possible at work and at company events. Their inclusive culture will assimilate you, you just need to make the first move.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with international clients.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NEGOTIATE! I'd ask for more PTO and a higher base if possible as bonus potential was never met based on company performance

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Onsite interview was with about five engineers. Some technical questions but I was more experienced with most of them so I think they went easy on me.

Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

Had a phone screen with recruitment company. Then interviewed with a manager over the phone. She had me go over my resume and background. I got a call the next day with an offer.

Product Support Interview

Interview

Pretty extensive process, met with about 7 different people at the company.

Interview Questions

• If you bought an xbox, walk me through the process of how you would learn to use it.   Answer Question

Vice President of Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The SAVO Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and spent nearly a full day onsite interviewing with senior executives and department leaders. They told me they'd get back to me in two weeks. That was 7 months ago. Haven't heard a word since. Very unprofessional for an executive-level role.

Interview Questions

• Cloaked questions meant to discover if you are willing to work around the clock.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The SAVO Group.

Interview

Pro: Two phone interviews and then multiple onsite interviews. Good communication and feedback throughout the process. The phone interview was with HR lead and the hiring manager.

Con: The role was not well defined and this reflected in the approach taken by each onsite interviewer.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer specifically focused on metrics (a lot more than any role definition.   Answer Question

Pre Sales Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The SAVO Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Unprofessional and appalling.

After applying online I was promptly contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone screen. I was quite impressed with the quick turn around and we decided on a day and time 3 days later. Despite reading some of the negative stuff here on SAVO, I decided to prepare well especially since I found their solution to be very interesting.

On the day of the phone screen, the recruiter sends me an email saying that she wouldn't be able to make it due to an "emergency". She sent this to me literally 30 seconds before the previously decided time for the phone screen. But since she offered to reschedule I shrugged it off and went ahead with giving her days/times when we could talk again. Its been over a month and I still haven't heard from the recruiter despite numerous attempts to reschedule (via phone/email). If this is the way they treat interested candidates, I want to have nothing to do with them. I now see why people complain about the culture and lack of direction in the reviews section. I guess it worked for the best in my case as I was given two offers after this rather distasteful experience with SAVO.

My 2 cents - stay away from SAVO.

If someone from SAVO is reading this, please teach your recruiters to behave with basic courtesy towards candidates.