The Sacramento Bee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Sacramento Bee Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Sacramento Bee

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Sacramento Bee.

Interview

Job announcement was a perfect fit.
    Sent in an Application.
    HR called and asked one irrelevant question.
    I countered with a more relevant question.
    They hung up.
    As this wasn't really a "newspaper" job, but a technical support job, I can understand why their HR function would have had problems with it. But times have changed and these support positions are becoming more and more critical to a paper's survival. This interview was some time ago, but I have not as yet heard anything to indicate the organization has changed.
    I wish them good luck, I really like a good newspaper and they seem to be drifting more and more in other directions.

Interview Questions

• Hundreds of relevant questions they could have asked and yet did not.
      Impression was that they had NO idea on how to conduct and interview for a technical position. (Not uncommon in Sacramento.)   1 Answer

Freelance Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

It was a casual interview. The editors are professional but easy to talk to. Dress is casual except when interviewing politicians and business people for stories. The culture is respectful, kind, high expectations, focussed on trying new things, but vetting all ideas through committees of the top editors. Mavericks don't get very far. Lots of meetings that seem to go on for an hour no matter what the agenda. Merit reviews annually, but not a lot of time for feedback otherwise, especially for veteran employees. The union negotiated away its right to strike sometime in the '70s in order to keep the 37.5-hour work week and a higher percentage raise. This made it much harder to get the rank and file to join the union.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone call talk meet train just learns speech and then train go sell door to door then make some money you know what I'm sayin sell door to door talk to boss trainer and friends

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I did