The Sanborn Map Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Sanborn Map Company

Aerial Survey Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Sanborn Map Company (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

The interview process is a joke. It consists of a phone call, that's it. I am not exaggerating at all. This, along with the toxic company culture is a reason why they have such incredibly high turnover.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in surveying, photography, or GIS?   1 Answer

Imagery Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Sanborn Map Company (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, but informative. Was asked many questions not pertaining to my work or knowledge of GIS. I think they are a growing company but looking to pay lower level wages to entry level seeking people.

Interview Questions

• If travel would be a problem and if I had the ability to be flexible and open to move withing hours of receiving a phone call to get to a job.   Answer Question

Imagery Ortho Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Sanborn Map Company (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received invitation for interview 2 days later. I met with the HR manager and the hiring manager.
    The weird thing? They were hiring for a temporary, contract position and that piece of info was nowhere in the job description! I politely continued the interview (I'd driven an hour to get there, why run out now), wondering why they even thought there was a possibility of someone quitting their current full-time job to go to a temporary, contract job.
    Bait and switch.
    At the end they gave me a 10 page application to fill out.

Interview Questions

• The usual geospatial suspects, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Sanborn Map Company (Stamford, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

There was first an interview with the contracter and then i was immediately hired to apply the software that the company had from ESRI to help with parcel mapping. I enjoyed the process I was able to learn more about the company and why the skills i have make me a marketable candidate. The overall experience was great.

Imagery Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Sanborn Map Company (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

H.R. representative visited my GIS class to recruit graduating seniors to work for Sanborn. I was hired on as an intern without an interview, along with about a dozen or so other recent graduates. I was promoted to full time employment in a few short months, again without an interview.

Negotiation

H.R. would not budge on pay.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Sanborn Map Company (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2009.

Interview

it was pretty basic. I came in, the manager talked to me for a minute and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase